Maytag Recalls 1.6 million fridges..

Wow, that is a huge recall for those fridges, I can't believe that they overlooked that issue before producing so many of these things. It's a design flaw after all.

Interesting. Maytag is here in Iowa. They got bought by Whirlpool and I think all the jobs went overseas.

Now the Magtag repairman in the commericals is not going to be bored but extremely busy!

Sheeeeeesssshhhhh!!!!!!!

Thanks, my hair is getting more grey!

I better hurry go home and find out! This is NOT good news. I need to look up serial number. I know the model number and it seems that I may be affected. Sigh, so much for $1,600 dollars! :mad2:

Tell you guys the truth, it is NOT worth buying Maytag anymore. They are craps! Too bad they were great back then til Whirlpool bought em out. I never liked whirlpool. :madfawk:

Wow. The relay ignition is very easy to replace quick. The relay ignition is got stuck so easy. Same problem for any cars like that.

Sheeeeeesssshhhhh!!!!!!!

Thanks, my hair is getting more grey!

I better hurry go home and find out! This is NOT good news. I need to look up serial number. I know the model number and it seems that I may be affected. Sigh, so much for $1,600 dollars! :mad2:

Tell you guys the truth, it is NOT worth buying Maytag anymore. They are craps! Too bad they were great back then til Whirlpool bought em out. I never liked whirlpool. :madfawk:

Why mad? You still have warranty so no complain.

Have anyone heard warranty that last forever? I had this for almost 7 years, no warranty can go that long! I have had enough problems right after warranty expired!

Since this is a recall, I am pretty sure you will get yours replaced for free if it is one of the models mentioned. No worries about having a warranty.

If there is a recall, it's more likely you will have it repaired or replaced for no charge. This is typical for merchandise that were recalled.

Just got home from work, checked fridge right away..

Yup, mine is affected! grrrrr

Really point is I have enough shares of problems, spoiling food, and they didn't recall that common problems.

Sigh, gotta to contact them,

BUT, thank you guys for alerting me, if it werent for you guys I may be left unaware.

Have anyone heard warranty that last forever? I had this for almost 7 years, no warranty can go that long! I have had enough problems right after warranty expired!

But you got recalls. So no complain.

I thought you bought it few months ago or something. You still remember it's cost $1,600 after 7 years?! Damn!

Sure I remember clearly when I bought this house, I bought this fridge same time, that is how I can remember easily. Same with Stove, it is Kenmore, damn good one! Been troublefree, the dishwasher is alright and it is kenmore, my son ruined some of them when he was in terrible 2.

I have other issues, it was auto-defrost part. When the auto defrost device quit working, it cause the freezer in back to build into a ice block which result blocking the circulation of cold air into fridge causing that fridge to warm up. It is common problem, Maytag won't recall this one.

But you got recalls. So no complain.

I thought you bought it few months ago or something. You still remember it's cost $1,600 after 7 years?! Damn!

Sure I remember clearly when I bought this house, I bought this fridge same time, that is how I can remember easily. Same with Stove, it is Kenmore, damn good one! Been troublefree, the dishwasher is alright and it is kenmore, my son ruined some of them when he was in terrible 2.

I have other issues, it was auto-defrost part. When the auto defrost device quit working, it cause the freezer in back to build into a ice block which result blocking the circulation of cold air into fridge causing that fridge to warm up. It is common problem, Maytag won't recall this one.

Too much for me to remember for everything around the house. We own black kenmore electric stove and work great so far and VERY easy to clean. It's just flat at top like that.

People do remember different way, me I do remember areas well while don't remember others well, for example, I don't remember people's name well, how fun is it? Plenty of embarassment of course.

I tend to misplace things, my wife remembers them too well

DHB

Too much for me to remember for everything around the house. We own black kenmore electric stove and work great so far and VERY easy to clean. It's just flat at top like that.

Kenmore refrigerators are the best. I still have Kenmore refrigerator for 12 years. It's no problem. I like Kenmore.

Back