Matt's fitness corner

MattyinAus

Reaction score
Hello all. I want to introduce you my bulk muscles.

457767_10150882991388806_500049522_o.jpg

I am now at 74.7kg (was 64.8kg this time last year). I go to gym and take course running every single week. I eat lots of fresh apples, bananas, carrots, spinach, salad everyday. I also eat some bulk meat as well. Other than that I take daily routine of protein shakes, organic green shakes, multivitamins and fish oil. This has improved my lifestyle, well being and health since past 6 months.

I have been to the gym for like 5 years. I started to realised that I did not gain muscle weight because lack of nutritious foods at the college I stayed. This year I am at self catered village on campus. It is a great choice this time.

For anyone of you in here, if you want some advice in terms of food, fitness and gym there like. Please ask away! :)

Hi Matt: Enjoy the gym.

I am in swimming pool-25 meters-almost everyday. One exercise I can do- even though retired.Endurance style. Being bilateral DEAF-makes no difference. Real quiet.
aside:A B Neptune wasn't available 5 years ago.

Where is yo chest hairs? Just Kidding! A lot of NFL players dont have chest hairs,either.

LOL you guys.

Swimming is another thing I can do, however its Winter now and no option of heated pool near the uni. So I'm still buffed up!

Chest hairs, it is there but the colour is very light. But not the majority of my body image though. The muscles dominates!

ohhhhhh to much for me sunday morning or not enough not sure,in tizz now

Just 2 hours for more exercise: BEAT the clock!

aside: Lake Ontario is a bit "cold" -just indoor swimming.

I'd like to learn to swim better.

Right now, lift weights a lot. Bench pressing 90 lbs now. Not a lot but started at 45 back in December

I'd like to learn to swim better.

Right now, lift weights a lot. Bench pressing 90 lbs now. Not a lot but started at 45 back in December

Pictures or did not happen? :P

Oh sounds like you doing some gyming work out as well? You wanna be tough one? Trying out tough muddler events?

I live in the gym in between video game time ;). Of course I wanna be tough and strong. Silly for a girl not to be. Besides.. muscles = curves. I don't wanna be like.. bodybuilding lady, but well muscled and fit. You don't get that from cardio. Think Jamie Eason lol.

Toning is best way than building muscle. I play golf, adult baseball and go karting. Also I played video game too. Call of duty, Battlefield and Sniper. Scott

Last edited:
I live in the gym in between video game time ;). Of course I wanna be tough and strong. Silly for a girl not to be. Besides.. muscles = curves. I don't wanna be like.. bodybuilding lady, but well muscled and fit. You don't get that from cardio. Think Jamie Eason lol.

That does sound pretty good. That is my type of girl I would look for, not the appearance. More of creativity, passion for something, do fitness stuff to keep relationships and that healthy and that etc. I don't judge the looks, it just how you can do it.

For me, I'm bit like thunder! Like this guy who is Australian strongest man!

Thunder_080408113554267_wideweb__300x420.jpg

I'm not close to him yet. Hes at 137kg!

Had two times 4.5km run/walk for two days in a row. So total is 9km a week :) Im trying to get ripped abs going!

Your body type will tell. You how you will develope muscles. How do you workout? I do chest, back, bicepsand triceps , shoulders and legs. Each area 1 day for a total of 5 fays. I am the opposite of you in that I want to slim down. For tooo many years I lifted too much weights without a real plan like most people. Now I limit myself to say 150lbs for bench press but with 5 sets of 10 reps.
You need heavy weights and less reps to put on mass. That and a longer rest period between sets.

Your body type will tell. You how you will develope muscles. How do you workout? I do chest, back, bicepsand triceps , shoulders and legs. Each area 1 day for a total of 5 fays. I am the opposite of you in that I want to slim down. For tooo many years I lifted too much weights without a real plan like most people. Now I limit myself to say 150lbs for bench press but with 5 sets of 10 reps.
You need heavy weights and less reps to put on mass. That and a longer rest period between sets.

You got that right, this is what I do in awesome hour gym dash. Beautiful heavy sets. I do lot of machines from starting from rock hard abs, shoulders, chest, upper back, triceps, biceps and then do my legs by bench squatting and butt muscles. I do around 220lbs for squatting and 130lb for chest.

This how I do for past half year, hence I said I was 64.7kg in November 2011 and now 74.7kg. I use small sets of heavy weights. I do small repetitive 12kg dumbbells towards 15kg and finally 17.5kg. At the end I do extreme heavy at 35kg.

I think I kinda scared eirlys off on this thread :/

EDIt: Forget to add, I do Core Training group once a week. This is 30minutes extreme cardio workout for your core muscle area from shoulders to waist from upper to low back muscles. This is where you can get extremely rock hard abs.

You didn't scare me away. Just exhausted and kinda zoning out lol.

Monday Wednesday and Friday for me. Monday = Chest and back. Wednesday - shoulders and biceps/triceps. Friday = Legs.

Tuesday and Thursday and one weekend day we ride bikes.

Still working on the diet thing. It seems everything I eat makes me sick.. so I stay away from gluten and dairy. Try to keep the protein high, lots of veggies, some carbs. I usually fall below my caloric level for the day though.

You didn't scare me away. Just exhausted and kinda zoning out lol.

Monday Wednesday and Friday for me. Monday = Chest and back. Wednesday - shoulders and biceps/triceps. Friday = Legs.

Tuesday and Thursday and one weekend day we ride bikes.

Still working on the diet thing. It seems everything I eat makes me sick.. so I stay away from gluten and dairy. Try to keep the protein high, lots of veggies, some carbs. I usually fall below my caloric level for the day though.

Oh okay, I just thought you are interesting one.

I wouldn't do everyday workout because its too expensive and too much effort on your muscles. It does seems like burning your muscles and not replaced at rest. I take good days rest and one day I do extreme mass work out. Hence you see my picture above, the result is good for resting during the week. I take run more than gym because I don't want to be old grandpa legs or whoever.

Diet, something makes you sick? What food you taking? I still eat some chips, bit of sweets including dark chocolates and noodles. Never felt sick after that. I still have plenty protein and super greens shakes. Very fit indeed!?

I have used trainers for the past 6 months to get a better idea of what to do. My last trainer said it is a waste of time to do more than 30 or 40 minutes of weight work because your muscles will not have enough left to benifit. I do cardio for the next half hour of. Myb workouts. Now go outside for fast walks with. Jogging. If it rains then I stay inside and do high intensity. Cardio for half an hour.
For me tje biggest concern is to keep it interesting. This way I will keep up the exercises. I like focusing on different parts of the body. I check out Bodybuilding.com - Huge Online Supplement Store & Fitness Community! all the time for different exercises

i off to gym later first time i ever been so nervous.all those buff people and me flabby and fat hey ho off i go

i off to gym later first time i ever been so nervous.all those buff people and me flabby and fat hey ho off i go

Don't be nervous. If it's your typical gym.. noone will notice you. The girls are staring at the guys and the guys are staring at themselves in the mirror. Besides, you are all there for the same reason and even the super buff ones didn't start that way. Good luck! :)

Oh okay, I just thought you are interesting one.

I wouldn't do everyday workout because its too expensive and too much effort on your muscles. It does seems like burning your muscles and not replaced at rest. I take good days rest and one day I do extreme mass work out. Hence you see my picture above, the result is good for resting during the week. I take run more than gym because I don't want to be old grandpa legs or whoever.

Diet, something makes you sick? What food you taking? I still eat some chips, bit of sweets including dark chocolates and noodles. Never felt sick after that. I still have plenty protein and super greens shakes. Very fit indeed!?

Just checking in case if you missed it.

Back