Math

linneaelliott

Reaction score
I am taking a math class for elementary education. I have to chose one disability and find a few articles about that disability and how it relates to math. Does anyone know of any articles that is related to how deaf people learn math? Thanks!

Huh??? Disability and math?? That should be interesting... I seem to think that I'm a bit 'brighter' when it comes to math compared to hearing peers.. but that's just me... (coming from someone who preferred to read math books growing up.. lol).. I'd like to learn of your report... good luck.. here's a couple to get you started:

http://www.learner.org/theguide/deaf.html
http://clerccenter.gallaudet.edu/products/perspectives/may-jun98/math.html

Seems like you can find a bunch of them by google.com -- "math and deafness"

Thanks, Sweet_kj! I found a bunch of stuff from google, but I needed an article, not just random ideas. Now I have two thanks to you. I really appreciate it!

Yes, I am the Deaf person. I love Math very well. I been dream about teacher Math class. I can't do anything. Because have to be pass the Degree! So, I wish that I love teacher for Math. Because, I am good Math as Algebra!!! I lvoe it!

Pfthhh...I used to LOVE problem solving in maths -- did pre-algebra and algebra 1 in high school. It's been over 15 years since I did some maths, :lol:

I failed Year 10 Trigonometry because I hated maths but not because I wasn't any good at it... if I had passed, I could have done Maths A and B and that would have meant I could have had a chance to be a doctor.... but anyway I did Business Maths in Year 11 and got A+s... I did it again in Year 12 but I didn't do very well... so it all depends I guess.

I know most people don't like Math very much! Because Math is important for your life! So, you had Pre-Algebra and Algebra one... But, I was in Pre-Algebra, Algebra, and Geometry. And then, I went to college class in Math, I was in class were College Prep Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, and College Algebra (book Pre-Caluculus). AHHHHHHH! But, all I had passed my grade! hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Math.. is part of my life :D i've done all the way up to calcus 1.. was going all the way to calcus 5.. but.. i dropped.. cuz computer science is not my major anymore. however, i changed my major to accountant.. which is also math. and thank god i'm done with all math course.. but still want to learn more when i have time :D

Back