Mass casualties at theater showing Batman movie

People have the right to protect themselves ... anywhere.

Self defense does not cause violence, it ends it ... permanently.

People may claim they the right to protect themselves on the grounds of the 2nd amendment of the US Constitution, but morally, do we have the right to do so?

We don't as our Creator is the one who will protect us. Why do we need weapons if He will protect us? It makes absolutely zero sense!

Self defense does not permanently end violence. Look at how angry people can get when one dies in the process of one protecting himself/herself? We do not have a license to kill people! As long as there are physical weapons, there will always be violence. If people learned to not carry guns and cause peace through words, there would be no need for people to carry weapons to act in self defense. Think about it.

The Station nightclub fire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That is what happen in the Station night club , the emergency doors where blocked and there was a fire.

I remember this tragic event. The tour manager was found guilty. There were only four possible exits, but most people headed out the way they came in! This tragedy could be avoided if the band listened to the nightclub owners and did not use pyrotechnics!

Do you honestly think I meant "no laws?" or did you just make all that up by yourself?

Of course, I never said that, and you know I never said that. Yes, people should be able to defend themselves anywhere a lawbreaker lunatic has access to.

Equal access for the law abiding and non law abiding!!!

You want the guns to be legally so that you can defend yourself but it is like having no law on account of what you think that everyone should carry the guns or any weapons. Boy, you are a piece of work when you don't understand anything about humanity. We need peace, not war. Please stop this nonsense of having gun ownership. If you want to go hunting, then you need to be train how to not make any accident when you go out to the bush or forest to hunt for deer or moose or rabbits or ducks. Anything can happen when you shoot in a accident. So I firmly say no to guns. Outlaw weapons.

People who want to cause harm to others and chaos will do so, no matter what. In China and Japan they very strict gun laws and yet these are numerous stories of people who storm schools and slit the throats of children. If you remember the last Olympics held in China, a Western couple was attacked by a knife wielding assailant who fatally stabbed the father in law of one of the coaches that participated in the event. No guns, no problems - just find other weapons.

In my city when I applied for my gun license, the chief wouldn't give me a license to carry because I "know nothing about guns." Never mind that I took courses, went through a background check and had no criminal history. This same chief had a cop under his command that regularly beat his mother, yet they never demanded his gun. He finally beat her into a coma, she later died and only then was he ordered to surrender his gun - then it came out in the papers that it was common knowledge at his work that he abusing his mother but no one felt it necessary to formally intervene for the poor woman. Meanwhile, I have a license to carry and I've been a life long, law abiding citizen. I love and take care of my parents too.

Also, in a nearby city where I live, there was a shooting where one cop shot a fellow cop before turning the gun on himself (love triangle - the cop that was shot was having an affair with the other cop's wife). In my agency, we had a shooting out in the west coast where an agent fired on his supervisor and was in turn shot (fatally) by another agent. Just because someone's in authority, doesn't mean they obey the laws. What needs to happen is not more strict gun laws, but severe consequences for those that break the laws.

Criminals don't care what the laws are - mobster Sammy the Bull Gravano used to say that he loved gun control because it meant his target couldn't defend himself and made his job easier. We need to go after the criminals and make them care if they get caught. In this guy's case, you can't tell me there weren't signs - his mother knew when she heard the story it was her child. Others had to have known but no one thought to put a medical hold on this guy until he acted out. If anything, instances like these are a mental health issue; it's a failure on the medical community to act when they see that a person has the potential to be a threat. They wait until the person does something but by then there are victims. How does that prevent the problem before it explodes? My prayers to the families affected including this young man's family - who probably were unable to get him help due to his age.

Quote from respectyoda....
We don't as our Creator is the one who will protect us. Why do we need weapons if He will protect us? It makes absolutely zero sense!

I think a lot of people who were in that theater, may not feel the same as you!!

People have the right to protect themselves ... anywhere.

Self defense does not cause violence, it ends it ... permanently.

I had friend get shot only because he was a Black man. He was walking on the sidewalk and White couple was on the sidewalk so my friend stepped out the way onto a snowbank and he slipped on the snow and touch the woman by mistake. The guy tried to kill my friend because he touch his woman by accident. The was not done in self defense , my friend was able to take a cover off trash can and smash the guy with it. Now that was in self defense.

I think a lot of people who were in that theater, may not feel the same as you!!

There is something you must understand. God does not protect those who are his enemies!

I had friend get shot only because he was a Black man. He was walking on the sidewalk and White couple was on the sidewalk so my friend stepped out the way onto a snowbank and he slipped on the snow and touch the woman by mistake. The guy tried to kill my friend because he touch his woman by accident. The was not done in self defense , my friend was able to take a cover off trash can and smash the guy with it. Now that was in self defense.

Just because the guy was able to take a cover off a trash can and use it in self defense, it does not make it right for him to commit an act of violence. Like I said earlier in this thread that we are not to commit any act of violence.

If what respectyoda said is true why are 12 innocent people dead and 59 people wounded? The Creator does not protect people from bullets , war and etc , a child was killed in the shooting , where the hell was the Creator then??
Was he/she texting on the job??

I am not going to stay in this debate. You say "God does not protect his enemies".

What did "God" have against the 6 year old girl who was killed or all the other "innocent" movie watchers.

I don't know who your "God" is, but mine is not that evil!!!!!
I don't know about other AD members, but it seems like you came here to start trouble!!!

You want the guns to be legally so that you can defend yourself but it is like having no law on account of what you think that everyone should carry the guns or any weapons. Boy, you are a piece of work when you don't understand anything about humanity. We need peace, not war. Please stop this nonsense of having gun ownership. If you want to go hunting, then you need to be train how to not make any accident when you go out to the bush or forest to hunt for deer or moose or rabbits or ducks. Anything can happen when you shoot in a accident. So I firmly say no to guns. Outlaw weapons.

Tell that to the lunatics.

I will just stick to my guns in case a lunatic doesn't listen to you.

If what respectyoda said is true why are 12 innocent people dead and 59 people wounded? The Creator does not protect people from bullets , war and etc , a child was killed in the shooting , where the hell was the Creator then??
Was he/she texting on the job??

The Creator protects only his children that obeys Him. As for that child, that child is now in paradise.

Remember He has the power to take and give life! Just because you don't understand why this was allowed by God, it doesn't mean God didn't have any control in this situation.

I do not condone your humor when it comes to our almighty Creator.

There is something you must understand. God does not protect those who are his enemies!

Just because the guy was able to take a cover off a trash can and use it in self defense, it does not make it right for him to commit an act of violence. Like I said earlier in this thread that we are not to commit any act of violence.

I think you read the whole Bible wrong - go back and read it again :ty:

I think you read the whole Bible wrong - go back and read it again :ty:

Really? Your assumption is unfounded and baseless. Christ himself commanded us to not do violence to any man. It is you, Steinhauer, that needs to read the Bible! :)

Really? Your assumption is unfounded and baseless. Christ himself commanded us to not do violence to any man. It is you, Steinhauer, that needs to read the Bible! :)

Already did, several times. So ... where does Christ command us to allow our neighbors to submit to murder? But, for bonus points, does he command us to allow a rapist to rape and harm our children? What about a thief that enters our home?

I will give you another hint - I know you don't really know. I know you are here to stir up trouble ;)

But that is ok, its hilarious - keep on acting like a self righteous know it all Christian, I know who the real ones are.

@respectyoda. It remind me of the Ghost Dance which the Native men or Native Americans thought that they would be protected from the bullets of the military soldiers in the late 1800. They thought that our Creator will help them prevent getting hurt or killed and manage to survive it. But at close of the end of 1800, it does not work and they get killed by military soldiers. It just happen too fast. So with God or our Creator, it does not matter how much faith in our Creator would help us survive this tragedy, we are still get killed or injured by the violence. It does not make it better to use weapons on innocent people like. I am a Native Deaf Elder woman and I know how things like this happen when weapons does not solve anything to stop the violence. Violence begat violence no matter what. We abhor violence.

The Creator protects only his children that obeys Him. As for that child, that child is now in paradise.

Remember He has the power to take and give life! Just because you don't understand why this was allowed by God, it doesn't mean God didn't have any control in this situation.

I do not condone your humor when it comes to our almighty Creator.

Alldeaf is policy this forums rule not allow religion!

Well, Stupid is as stupid does. I know, sometime senseless violence happens and that stuns everyone because we just don't comprehend the reason of why that had to happen. Naturally, we are quick to assume that there has to be a reason for everything but sometime there are stuff that can and does render us speechless.

Yes, it's tragic and could have been avoided. It stems anger from a lot of people demanding the answer to have the "WHY?" answered. That's it, we all don't have the answer to everything.

Should automatic lock emergency doors except fire or smoking alert warning while movie started. When finished movie, unlock doors.
It's illegal to lock emergency doors from the inside. It's a fire hazard.

Where were the cops on a midnight movie showing of a predicted violence causing movie? What's wrong with security officers?
It's up to the theaters or malls to hire them.

Back