Mass casualties at theater showing Batman movie

If just one person in that theater had been carrying a gun, they could have defended all the other people who got shot by that lunatic. This is a very firm opinion I hold and no amount of spin will ever change my mind.

Just because it was "illegal" to carry a gun into a public gathering such as a movie theater, this did not stop this lunatic from bringing a gun there. It also enabled this criminal to shoot more unarmed victims, since law abiding citizens follow the law and do not carry in places that are not permitted.

This was very sad and should not be used as a sort of political tool - people have the right to defend themselves ... period.

If everyone exercised their second amendment rights, it still wouldn't create a safer society, but instead continue the cycle of violence.

I personally wouldn't carry a gun because I am commanded not to do violence to any man. Gun isn't the best form of protection if you ask me.

As for James bringing several guns along with a bulletproof vest into the theater, it is always hard to understand the motives based on the thoughts of a loner or a small group that are left to themselves. These people are depressed and in turn, they commit acts of violence in their depression to create depression in others. These people do not know how to properly deal with their depression.

I remember very well the details of the Columbine High School massacre. This is because I was in high school at the time and my high school was about 25 minutes away from Columbine High School! The two killers [Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold] were loners and were left to themselves in which they conjured up the massacre plans in a basement of one of the boy's home.

Moral of both stories: if you are depressed, get help!

The color of Holmes hair is not something to be thinking about, our thoughts should be on all the families that lost love ones in the shooting and the victims that got wounded. I can't believe you posted all the stuff about the Joker when 12 innocents people where killed and 59 people are wounded.

The media published the information about the hair color of James so hence, we have the right to mention this tidbit of information. This information is crucial to understand the underlying motives of James. It is now widely debated that James might have done what he did based on what he saw in previous Batman movies as there are references to old Batman scenes that James might have played out.

The color of Holmes hair is not something to be thinking about, our thoughts should be on all the families that lost love ones in the shooting and the victims that got wounded. I can't believe you posted all the stuff about the Joker when 12 innocents people where killed and 59 people are wounded.
My point was, we don't know what was going on in the killer's mind. Tying in Batman characters to his killing spree is just speculation at this point. If he's claiming to be "The Joker" that seems far fetched because he doesn't "match" the Joker. There may be no connection.

You are right. We should focus on the victims. I lost focus, and I'm sorry.

If just one person in that theater had been carrying a gun, they could have defended all the other people who got shot by that lunatic. This is a very firm opinion I hold and no amount of spin will ever change my mind.

Just because it was "illegal" to carry a gun into a public gathering such as a movie theater, this did not stop this lunatic from bringing a gun there. It also enabled this criminal to shoot more unarmed victims, since law abiding citizens follow the law and do not carry in places that are not permitted.

This was very sad and should not be used as a sort of political tool - people have the right to defend themselves ... period.

The movie theaters are private property so it is up to business owners to allow or not.

Easier? Nope your funny! There are billions of guns around the world!
And do not mess with 2nd amendment!

This won't have happened if everyone carries guns.

Did you realize that there are huge database list of all guns legally sold though FBI, NOT even single information from database leads to conviction, did you know this? This is a fact, yet we spent billions of dollars on this database. This proves that it does not make any easier for FBI when try to get it under control. Know why it is still inefficent? Simple put often guns were stolen which can lose the tracking, FBI can not stop them from being stolen. Some guns were used illegally and sold illegally which makes it harder to track back and who use which one.

Yup, there are a lot of illegal guns trafficking from Mexico, Canada and shipping, that what most criminals got guns from black market.

The movie theaters are private property so it is up to business owners to allow or not.
That's true. Most state conceal carry laws don't include movie theaters as restricted zones (such as schools, banks, hospitals). If a private business has the legal signage that prohibits guns, then we have to follow that restriction. However, since concealed guns are concealed, no one really knows who is carrying and who is not, unless they're searched or go thru a metal detector.

311659_4413082925788_1462098736_n.jpg

548183_4413067845411_701923871_n.jpg

Wow. Note on some movie theater's front door window.

Wow. Note on some movie theater's front door window.

This is a perfect example of how one rotten apple ruins everything for everyone! Because of James Holmes, now security measures are being taken in most, if not all, movie theaters!

Just think about 9/11 and how those events changed how airports do things at the security checkpoint.

This is a perfect example of how one rotten apple ruins everything for everyone! Because of James Holmes, now security measures are being taken in most, if not all, movie theaters!

Just think about 9/11 and how those events changed how airports do things at the security checkpoint.

I think it will be very ugly if movie theater has security checkpoints like pat down or go through the metal detector like some public schools have now.

I think it will be very ugly if movie theater has security checkpoints like pat down or go through the metal detector like some public schools have now.

*Shrugs* Public places such as theaters have to take drastic measures to ensure that tragedies like this will not occur. This is why I said one rotten apple ruins everything for everyone!

*Shrugs* Public places such as theaters have to take drastic measures to ensure that tragedies like this will not occur. This is why I said one rotten apple ruins everything for everyone!

I never go through the security check at movie theaters for rest of my life.

Ironically, all those security measures that they' re putting in place now at theaters wouldn't have stopped the killing at Aurora. The killer didn't bring or wear his weapons and gear into the theater. He stashed them outside and snuck them in thru the emergency exit.

Ironically, all those security measures that they' re putting in place now at theaters wouldn't have stopped the killing at Aurora. The killer didn't bring or wear his weapons and gear into the theater. He stashed them outside and snuck them in thru the emergency exit.

Oh, what is wrong with alarm in emergency exit and it looks like alarm isn't went off.

Yeah, danger comes through the back door...literally. People who want to inflict the most damage always picks the most vulnerable entrance. I have noticed how there's a little to none security near the back exit doors including the emergency exits.

Oh, what is wrong with alarm in emergency exit and it looks like alarm isn't went off.

Should automatic lock emergency doors except fire or smoking alert warning while movie started. When finished movie, unlock doors.

Where were the cops on a midnight movie showing of a predicted violence causing movie? What's wrong with security officers?

Should automatic lock emergency doors except fire or smoking alert warning while movie started. When finished movie, unlock doors.

It is AGAINST the law to lock emergency doors [from the inside] while the business is in operation.

Where were the cops on a midnight movie showing of a predicted violence causing movie? What's wrong with security officers?

Emergency exit doors are generally not guarded because they all will set off an alarm anyway.

My point was, we don't know what was going on in the killer's mind. Tying in Batman characters to his killing spree is just speculation at this point. If he's claiming to be "The Joker" that seems far fetched because he doesn't "match" the Joker. There may be no connection.

You are right. We should focus on the victims. I lost focus, and I'm sorry.

I realize what you where trying to say , but I have watching the news and it so heartbreaking hearing about all the innocent people that lost their lives and the victims that got hurt in this senseless insane act of violence. That baby may end having health issues with their lungs from the toxic gas . :(

Back