Man With Concealed Carry License Shot By Police During Traffic Stop

In oregon we have open carry for riffles during hunting season and closed carry for almost everything else. But you have to tell any office that asked and they have to remove the gun from your body if they don't want it on you.

My wife carries chambered and so do I, She has a nice gun that fits her hands well and I carry mine, with a 17rd mag and 1 chambered with an extra 17rd mag. I like it as my side arm hunting because a long gun is too bulky to move fast with if a bear, bobcat or something decides to stalk you in the thick brush or woods. Although the law wont allow rifles with more than 10 rds ( and I have several 30rd clips that cant be in my position during hunting )
While I agree with you on most merits there are so many variables to consider. I'ts just not that simple.
Bottom line, carrying without one chambered is a waste of valuable time, possibly even a life.

Look at it this way, we are all looking at half of this problem because we are blind.....
A revolver is ALWAYS chambered.

In oregon we have open carry for riffles during hunting season and closed carry for almost everything else. But you have to tell any office that asked and they have to remove the gun from your body if they don't want it on you.
we have open carry here, but still areas don't allow it like downtown.
Open carry just makes you a target because if a criminal is going to commit a crime he will eliminate his threats first and possibly already had you in his sights with a gun on your hip just sparkling at him...lol
My instructor made a good point of this open carry scenario, not good for open carry folks.
Again, most aren't even aware of their surroundings as well, false sense of security with that big ole Hand Cannon on their hips and a thug comes up from behind and Pop !

A lot of our open carry is hunters bringing in a riffle/shotgun from the car or out of the woods after a hunt.

Washington is open-carry as well. It's very uncommon though. There was a YouTuber from Oregon that walked around different cities educating the public and often times the police. He was pretty cool. :afro:

Wow. It's been quite some time since I had guns, but it seems that rules/laws have
A lot of our open carry is hunters bringing in a riffle/shotgun from the car or out of the woods after a hunt.
Wow. It has been quite some time since I had guns and I wonder how much rules/laws have changed. I think I'll spring this scenario on some friends of mine and see what they say. ;)

Bottom line, carrying without one chambered is a waste of valuable time, possibly even a life.

Look at it this way, we are all looking at half of this problem because we are blind.....
A revolver is ALWAYS chambered.
I would not compare a chambered revolver to a pistol. They are completely different with regard to how they operate. I don't agree that it's a waste of time to carry un-chambered. I do agree that it is dangerous depending on the situation but it is also dangerous to carry chambered. I have my CCL in multiple states and have carried for years. I have taken firearm safety courses and I am NRA pistol qualified in Basic Practical and Pro-Marksman. Depending on where I am going I will chamber a round. It is not a simple answer and each person is different and circumstances are different. It is a choice that each person has to make for themselves by weighing the pros and cons. Situational awareness is key.

I would not compare a chambered revolver to a pistol. They are completely different with regard to how they operate. I don't agree that it's a waste of time to carry un-chambered. I do agree that it is dangerous depending on the situation but it is also dangerous to carry chambered. I have my CCL in multiple states and have carried for years. I have taken firearm safety courses and I am NRA pistol qualified in Basic Practical and Pro-Marksman. Depending on where I am going I will chamber a round. It is not a simple answer and each person is different and circumstances are different. It is a choice that each person has to make for themselves by weighing the pros and cons. Situational awareness is key.
They all operate the same "Bang, Dead" LOL but one can carry 4x's or more ammo than the other.
Ive taken Tactical and other training as well, The key is Responsibility !

Good posts. Most of the time I don't keep one in the chamber because it's what I'm comfortable with. I don't feel like I'm at a real disadvantage. :afro:

Good posts. Most of the time I don't keep one in the chamber because it's what I'm comfortable with. I don't feel like I'm at a real disadvantage. :afro:
Its true people feel comfortable one way or the other, to each their own they say, but in a life death situation...it could very well make a difference for that split second that's lost. Most people who get comfortable carrying lose the awareness of their surroundings and that plays a major factor in reaction times and where you place yourself. Those who are aware of their surroundings can actually tell who is carrying or not.... They will already have an escape plan planned out as they walk into a store because they are aware of their surroundings ( and its so true ) my wife noticed I'm a "people watcher" and that I observe whats going on around me. She didn't know that until she took the CCW class then realized how much I looked out for my family, as she knew I liked to face the doors to see who comes in and sit where I had a good view yet secluded in a way, I'd have 3 escape plans and a last minute ditch ( hiding area ) so if cover was needed. Its pretty amazing what people really don't know and should know... Its a whole new world out there and completely different than TV and video games.

Here it is. He's MarkedGuardian. Not sure if CC. :afro:
no CC BUT a Drivers License / State ID is a police officers right to ask for, You Do need to ID yourself if asked by Law. This was irrelevant to open/concealed carry, they were required to make contact because someone called in, they just needed to verify that he wasn't a felon with a gun. So bottom line is Proof of Legal Name.
Officer said, his job was to identify him.
The citizen who called was due to carrying a rifle in public ( not a holstered weapon ) so big difference.

Last edited:
There are advantages and disadvantages Israeli carry http://gunbelts.com/blog/israeli-carry/
When I was in the Navy (pre-911), we stood duty with a .45 with 2 loaded mags on belt holster. Never ever allowed to keep mag in gun. I currently conceal carry just about everywhere. I keep any of my guns in Condition 1 because of time. I am also head of a 9 person church security team. We always carry with one in the chamber, safety on. Technology with gun safety compensates for this. When we role play, it is amazing how fast someone can get up on you.

I have had a permit for close to 15 years.

[
When I was in the Navy (pre-911), we stood duty with a .45 with 2 loaded mags on belt holster. Never ever allowed to keep mag in gun. I currently conceal carry just about everywhere. I keep any of my guns in Condition 1 because of time. I am also head of a 9 person church security team. We always carry with one in the chamber, safety on. Technology with gun safety compensates for this. When we role play, it is amazing how fast someone can get up on you.

and most don't realize what happens in the blink of an eye, hint the 20 ft rule, one chambered....ect...

I am also ex-Navy. I remember standing watch without the gun loaded. We would have to get permission from the OOD to lock and load. By then it could be too late especially if you are standing the mid watch. What I was taught in firearm safety course is that a safety is nothing more than a mechanism that is also prone to failure. I am not against carrying with one in the chamber and I often do. I am only saying that there are pros and cons with both. And you are right. It is amazing how fast someone can be upon you. Situational awareness is crucial.

I am also ex-Navy. I remember standing watch without the gun loaded. We would have to get permission from the OOD to lock and load. By then it could be too late especially if you are standing the mid watch. What I was taught in firearm safety course is that a safety is nothing more than a mechanism that is also prone to failure. I am not against carrying with one in the chamber and I often do. I am only saying that there are pros and cons with both. And you are right. It is amazing how fast someone can be upon you. Situational awareness is crucial.
nothing is fail proof and most new guns coming on the market now do not have safeties. One less moving part to fail.

nothing is fail proof and most new guns coming on the market now do not have safeties. One less moving part to fail.
I prefer Glock with integrated trigger safety. You just have to make sure your holster completely protects the trigger. Integrated trigger safety helps prevent drop fires.

I prefer Glock with integrated trigger safety. You just have to make sure your holster completely protects the trigger. Integrated trigger safety helps prevent drop fires.
I like Glocks, but they are getting some bad raps for firing on their own.. Hint the term Glock Leg.

Back