Man With Concealed Carry License Shot By Police During Traffic Stop

Did you not keep your gun loaded magazine + 1?

It did not matter how many magazines I did or did not have, they are not considered a weapon... they only care if the gun is in full view... same with GA... even though it is not required to inform the police I rather have it out there and off my person than worry about who and how it gets taken from me ... also much less chance of getting shot

It did not matter how many magazines I did or did not have, they are not considered a weapon... they only care if the gun is in full view... same with GA... even though it is not required to inform the police I rather have it out there and off my person than worry about who and how it gets taken from me ... also much less chance of getting shot
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I didn't mean how many magazines. I meant loading the gun with a magazine, chambering a round, dropping the magazine, adding one more round to the magazine, then putting the magazine back into the gun. That gives you a capacity of maximum magazine rounds +1 (round) in the chamber. It's a common method of carrying. I asked because with that method, even if you dropped the magazine, the gun would still be loaded with a live round unless you ejected it.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I didn't mean how many magazines. I meant loading the gun with a magazine, chambering a round, dropping the magazine, adding one more round to the magazine, then putting the magazine back into the gun. That gives you a capacity of maximum magazine rounds +1 (round) in the chamber. It's a common method of carrying. I asked because with that method, even if you dropped the magazine, the gun would still be loaded with a live round unless you ejected it.

I strongly disagree with running around with one in the chamber... but yes I would have the weapon sitting on the seat at full presentation, thus if a round was in then it would be visible or at least upon first look be assumed as "safe"

I strongly disagree with running around with one in the chamber... but yes I would have the weapon sitting on the seat at full presentation, thus if a round was in then it would be visible or at least upon first look be assumed as "safe"
Got it. :)

Nevada is an open carry... it got me in the habit if I was pulled over to eject the clip, seperate them clearly, and place the gun in the passenger seat and then place my hands on the wheel with the car turned off.

placing a gun on the passenger seat? I don't think that's a good idea. it's going to cause a police officer to react with deadly force when walking to your car. yep definitely a very bad idea.

ah. I prefer to keep a round hot when carrying it.

Drop it, fall down, round fail, get caught on something, sneaky kid fingers.... while it is the carrier to "police his/her weapon" crappie happens and I really prefer not to be the idiot who shot the pregnant nun...
Unless you have some serious hitters after your tail, I do not see a reason to run around hot...

placing a gun on the passenger seat? I don't think that's a good idea. it's going to cause a police officer to react with deadly force when walking to your car. yep definitely a very bad idea.

Nope, never had an issue at all, and every cop has thanked me for doing it...

Someone calling for me?
Hmm... there is an r in that word that changes it to something I am not sure you would like to be considered as :P
Auto correct on my phone knows I do not like to cuss therefor it changes crap to crappie everytime...no matter how many times I change it lol

Oh I totally misunderstood. I took it to mean there needed to be another r.

Crappier.

How very interesting. I have a knack for locking down threads. Will shut up now. Sorry OP. :)

Such a tragedy. If you are carrying there are laws in each state that dictate how you should interact with the police. Under no circumstances should you disobey the orders of the police especially after you have announced that you have a weapon. And that poor little girl having to witness it. Very sad. :cry:

That defeats the porpose of carrying , in a situation you wont have time to chamber a round. If you carry you carry at the ready, otherwise leave it at home.

There are advantages and disadvantages Israeli carry http://gunbelts.com/blog/israeli-carry/
as it states it only takes a split second to react, 2 hands to chamber a round and you may not have either.
Carry chambered or keep it at home, You are carrying for a reason and that's to protect yourself. If youre going to make yourself vulnerable in the event then you don't need to be carrying in the first place. When you take your CC class, a good instructor will explain this as did the video I posted.

as it states it only takes a split second to react, 2 hands to chamber a round and you may not have either.
Carry chambered or keep it at home, You are carrying for a reason and that's to protect yourself. If youre going to make yourself vulnerable in the event then you don't need to be carrying in the first place. When you take your CC class, a good instructor will explain this as did the video I posted.
While I agree with you on most merits there are so many variables to consider. I'ts just not that simple.

Back