Man owes $190K in chld support arresed

Owing child support is a reason not to have kids? :eek: Suppose I could understand that but kind of an odd reason as the aim is NOT to get to the point of owing lol.

As long as you do right by your children, you won't have a problem getting arrested. Seems to me this scenario actually happens far less than it should. I know of one mother whose deadbeat ex owed a LOT more than that I think-- yet she and her child will never see it (moreso because he's dead now). I know of another who faithfully pays his child support on time every month even though his exes have never missed a chance to malign him. He's actually more involved in his kids' lives than his exes are!

Owing child support is a reason not to have kids? :eek: Suppose I could understand that but kind of an odd reason as the aim is NOT to get to the point of owing lol.

As long as you do right by your children, you won't have a problem getting arrested. Seems to me this scenario actually happens far less than it should. I know of one mother whose deadbeat ex owed a LOT more than that I think-- yet she and her child will never see it (moreso because he's dead now). I know of another who faithfully pays his child support on time every month even though his exes have never missed a chance to malign him. He's actually more involved in his kids' lives than his exes are!

Yeah, that's true. Only thing is, I'm not sure when that day will arrive.

Huh? That's your take away from this story? :shock: Why would you think that way? Would you plan on being a deadbeat dad?

Well, you've got one thing right. If you don't plan on supporting your kids you shouldn't be producing them.

To me, the story is, the more child support is enforced upon the deadbeat dads, the better. Guys need to be more responsible for their children.

As a Father to a 11 year old daughter. I will gladly pay my child support every month. Having a child is litterally a rite of passage. I have never been late, nor will I ever be late on my payments.

It's the deadbeat dad's that don't support their children, that gives those of us that do the right thing a bad name.

I have cut ties to one guy I once knew because he rather punish the child by not paying child support just because he wanted to get back at his mother. Ahh, wrong concept. You are punishing your child, not the mother. What did your child ever do to you to deserve this?

As a Father to a 11 year old daughter. I will gladly pay my child support every month. Having a child is litterally a rite of passage. I have never been late, nor will I ever be late on my payments.

It's the deadbeat dad's that don't support their children, that gives those of us that do the right thing a bad name.

I have cut ties to one guy I once knew because he rather punish the child by not paying child support just because he wanted to get back at his mother. Ahh, wrong concept. You are punishing your child, not the mother. What did your child ever do to you to deserve this?

Hold it right there. There will be no conceiving from me unless I am very, very certain that I will be capable of paying for child support, and presently, I'm not, so I won't conceive until I'm certain I can be a man and do it. I have no interest in being a deadbeat whatsoever.

Huh? That's your take away from this story? :shock: Why would you think that way? Would you plan on being a deadbeat dad?

Well, you've got one thing right. If you don't plan on supporting your kids you shouldn't be producing them.

To me, the story is, the more child support is enforced upon the deadbeat dads, the better. Guys need to be more responsible for their children.

I couldn't afford to have kids and I don't believe to raise the kid in poverty or on government welfare - too cruel.

Be careful about getting child and if you are not ready so don't bother to sex with woman.

A little off topic...I am sure there are some moms who receive child support spend it on themselves instead of on their child. If I pay child support, I would make sure that the child is eating well and get new clothes. That's what child support is for.

A little off topic...I am sure there are some moms who receive child support spend it on themselves instead of on their child. If I pay child support, I would make sure that the child is eating well and get new clothes. That's what child support is for.

I can think of one very certain person who did that.

I have many female friends with children, who have never received a dime of child support...even my own mother had 6 kids and no child support OR welfare...worked 3 jobs.....

I, myself, never received child support and worked 2 jobs.....never received welfare or food stamps...

Still goes on today!...and my feelings are:...if a man does not pay his child support, then he is NOT a man....and should be jailed...whatever he has of value, taken away and given to his children. Dead Beat Dads....sorry asses!

Some of these guys keep making the same mistake over and over. I saw a guy on the news who has eleven children with eleven different women. Some men and women continue to have children they can not afford. There is no way this guy could pay to support eleven kids. He kept saying "those my baby mamma".

Thats where you can ask the court to have the other parent produce receipts in order to collect... keeps the other parent from using it on drugs and drinking or whatever.... if a baby, show receipts for diapers/baby food..ect... and get re-imbursed.

Ive had full custody of my daughter since she was 3 , never seen a penny from her mother who moved out of state.

Thats where you can ask the court to have the other parent produce receipts in order to collect... keeps the other parent from using it on drugs and drinking or whatever.... if a baby, show receipts for diapers/baby food..ect... and get re-imbursed.

Ive had full custody of my daughter since she was 3 , never seen a penny from her mother who moved out of state.
Was she court-ordered to pay child support?

Some of these guys keep making the same mistake over and over. I saw a guy on the news who has eleven children with eleven different women. Some men and women continue to have children they can not afford. There is no way this guy could pay to support eleven kids. He kept saying "those my baby mamma".
Yeah, I remember that crazy event. I believe he was paying child support but it was so little for each child because he earned small pay.

I think after baby #2 those are no longer "mistakes"--he knows exactly what he's doing. It's some kind of perverted ego trip. Bleh!

Back