Man has cockroach pulled from ear

That's one of my childhood nightmares. That a flying insect would get into my ears when I was outside without my hearing aids...

it was hugh black wolf spider and gives me shudders.....they say we swallow at least 8 in a lifetime just dont want be awake when it happens:shock:

Wolf spiders are good for your house. They'll eat the bugs and other, more dangerous spiders. In fact, not too long ago, I watched a wolf spider suck a brown recluse spider bone dry on YouTube. That spider survived being bit by the brown recluse. They are tough.

Wolf spiders are good for your house. They'll eat the bugs and other, more dangerous spiders. In fact, not too long ago, I watched a wolf spider suck a brown recluse spider bone dry on YouTube. That spider survived being bit by the brown recluse. They are tough.

aslong as they stay away from me their life may be shortened if not..i get my husband to remove them i dont like killing them but unless they can swim they flushed down loo

aslong as they stay away from me their life may be shortened if not..i get my husband to remove them i dont like killing them but unless they can swim they flushed down loo

Yeah.... they can't. Most spiders aren't swimmers, with the exception of water spiders, which actually eat fish and other stuff in ponds, rivers, and lakes. I've always wondered where to find these; I've never seen one.

I saw a show once where the girl had a bump on her neck was having hallucinations etc ...dr asked if she had travelled anywhere and had a hunch on what it was..put vaseline over the little hole/bump and an hour later she started screaming because whatever was in there was coming out and it ended up being some type of worms that ended up hatching under her skin when she got bit on a vacation...also heard of an insect in an ear as well...horrible..i have enough ear probs thank you!

Also don't do tents or camping...my idea of "roughing it" is in a cottage with electricity, running water, and a fully functioning bathroom :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydXenL7iu0w]Khan's Worms SCENE - Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan MOVIE (1982) - HD - YouTube[/ame]

Better the non-poisonous one. Black widows can kill you, but it's rare, though. More dangerous is the brown recluse, which IS more deadly, and can certainly kill someone.

Brown recluse spiders bite can, not will but can, cause the flesh around the bite to rot, it's not the kind if poison that effects the nervous system and causes death, fatalities are extremely rare.

I remember that episode... I can't imagine anyone going thru this.

I saw a show once where the girl had a bump on her neck was having hallucinations etc ...dr asked if she had travelled anywhere and had a hunch on what it was..put vaseline over the little hole/bump and an hour later she started screaming because whatever was in there was coming out and it ended up being some type of worms that ended up hatching under her skin when she got bit on a vacation...also heard of an insect in an ear as well...horrible..i have enough ear probs thank you!

Also don't do tents or camping...my idea of "roughing it" is in a cottage with electricity, running water, and a fully functioning bathroom :)

Brown recluse spiders bite can, not will but can, cause the flesh around the bite to rot, it's not the kind if poison that effects the nervous system and causes death, fatalities are extremely rare.

That's true. This is why they're more dangerous than black widows, and it's not advisable to try and get near one if one is spotted in your house-- best let the professionals do that. However, they might not be able to kill adults easily, but kids? They're at a much higher risk, and I'm not even sure if IL has these spiders in the state, because I know that my younger brother got bit by one about 15+ years ago, and we had to rush him to the ER. Heck, I don't even know if black widows are in Southern IL or not. I know they're further south, but in Southern IL, I have not a clue.

I had what we're fairly sure was a brown recluse land on my face in my dad house as a child. My eyes were closed, and I could feel it. My dad saw it when I started screaming, and he got it off my face and flushed it down the toilet.

What about ur nose...a-hole....etc., etc.?...don't forget ur mouth! (if you sleep with it open)....:giggle:

My nose is my lifeline, since I don't sleep with my mouth open very often.

As for my a-hole, only way anything is getting in there is if I'm stone cold *knocks on wood*.

YUCK! I know this happens more than we think.... but it still grosses me out, and I'm hard to gross out! Roaches will do it though... :barf:

Back