Man Armed with Potato Holds Store

KikLove

Reaction score
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- Police say a man used a potato to pretend he had a gun while trying to rob a Rhode Island business.

WPRI-TV reports (Potato-wielding man tried to rob store, dry-cleaners | WPRI 12 ) that the man entered a convenience store Monday with a potato and shouted: "Give me the money." A police report says the store manager chased him off with a baseball bat. Police provided a description of the suspect. They say officers later went to a laundromat where an employee told them a man fitting the description came in carrying a potato and yelled: "I need the money."

The TV station reports that the employee gave the man a $20 bill from a decoy cash register, and he left.

Information from: WPRI-TV, WPRI 12 | WPRI.com Eyewitness News, TVL Broadcasting LLC

Read more here: PROVIDENCE, R.I.: Police: Man 'armed' with potato in robbery attempt - Weird News - MiamiHerald.com

Last edited:
"Stick 'em up! I got a French Fry and I'm not afraid to use it!"

Sorry, couldn't resist. :lol:

Damn, I thought there was potato gun. Yes, anyone can make potato gun which I made few of them. It is fairly easy to make one and CAN injury anyone with small risk of being fatal (Fatal only happens if at point blank). Potato alone? What a joke!

If not sure what I am talking about, check youtube "Spud gun" and you will see what I mean.

"Stick 'em up! I got a French Fry and I'm not afraid to use it!"

Sorry, couldn't resist. :lol:

And I got ketchup and will use it as blood to say you shot me.

I think the guy forgot to being his potato launcher with him.

First the shampoo lady and now potato launcher. We're living dangerously. :lol:

1 potato....2 potato....3 potato....4!...gimme all ur $$...and I'm out the door.

Back