Lucia Disturbed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it very sad that it took a week to find her body, I wonder why no one got worried and did not try to find out if any was wrong.

Maybe he did come but thinking when he was knocking the door or using the light signaler for her to come to the door to open. He would have fix it for her. But now we know that she did not hear anything in her place, not even the door knocking or light signaler. That is terrible. :(

Maintenance never came. The investigators found the note Lucia had left for maintenance to fix the heater, but it never was fixed.

nobody is blaming anybody. just putting it out there so that nobody else would die from it.

coincidentally, my friend recently told me about his cousin who died from carbon monoxide poisoning while napping in her car with engine running to stay warm at a service area a few years ago. very tragic.

Oh wow, I almost died when I was 18 because I left car running with garage closed, and I was resting in car until my parent told me - OH NOOO, THAT'S DANGEROUS...

I don't fault Lucia for her actions at all, but what I really am upset about is that she had friends that should have checked on her. Her sister lives in California, but Lucia had people around her in San Antonio. Why no one bothered to check on her before a week went by, I will never understand.

She lived alone. She had braved the cold before, so I am sure she thought she would be alright. Obviously, that was a critical error in judgement.

Rest in peace, Lucia.

cause of death was suffocation. Long story short, her heating was broken in the apt and she was waiting for maintenance to fix it. To keep warm, she had turned on the burners on the gas stove. Unfortunately, the burners went out and she had fallen asleep. Since she was deaf and asleep, she was unable to hear anything. It's assumed she died in her sleep and her body was found a week later.

That suxs!!!! I'm gonna miss her.. and her posts. I am shocked to hear how it happened. RIP lucia. :(:tears:

RIP Lucia. I hope apt complex will be sued by her sister for her sister's death. Maintenance did not fix the heater while a person is struggling to get warm is totally unacceptable. She should have call the police station for locating her to a temporary shelter until her heater is fixed.

I slipped on icy sidewalk at apt complex one week and half ago. I went to ER last Thursday. No broken or fractured bones were shown.. that's relief. Except I still have internal bone bruising in my pelvic/hip area. It is painful, I tell you.

Thank you for notifying us of Lucia's death. :(

Maintenance NEVER came. That's why she was using the stove to keep warm. Yes, a wrongful death suit could be considered. I hope it is, honestly. I'm quite angry about this because it didn't have to happen AT ALL.

Is there someone who speaks for her?

Nevermind, I just saw you and Oddball mention a sister.....

unbelieve it I am shocked serious it truth. I am sorry hear wow Lucia My sincerest condolences to Lucia we don't know what is expect it is scary.

it sadly news

cause of death was suffocation. Long story short, her heating was broken in the apt and she was waiting for maintenance to fix it. To keep warm, she had turned on the burners on the gas stove. Unfortunately, the burners went out and she had fallen asleep. Since she was deaf and asleep, she was unable to hear anything. It's assumed she died in her sleep and her body was found a week later.

That's just outrageous!

I can't believe Lucia already passed away, sad.

Lawsuit will follow if she got relatives for wrongful death.

Texas requires Carbon monoxide alarm installed in apartment, since she is Deaf, no accommodation offered by apartment management? Easy wrongful death case right there.

And question, since she called in for maintenance for broken heater, why maintenance did nothing for a week? No suspicious of something go wrong from the management? They aren't doing the job they are supposed to be, another easy case of wrongful death suit.

And I am sorry, I DO hope that there is lawsuit going on to wake up the alarm manufacturers provide accommodation on Carbon monoxide detectors.

So sad. My condolences to her close friends and family.
Rest in peace LuciaDisturbed. :(

I can't believe Lucia already passed away, sad.

Lawsuit will follow if she got relatives for wrongful death.

Texas requires Carbon monoxide alarm installed in apartment, since she is Deaf, no accommodation offered by apartment management? Easy wrongful death case right there.

And question, since she called in for maintenance for broken heater, why maintenance did nothing for a week? No suspicious of something go wrong from the management? They aren't doing the job they are supposed to be, another easy case of wrongful death suit.

And I am sorry, I DO hope that there is lawsuit going on to wake up the alarm manufacturers provide accommodation on Carbon monoxide detectors.

That's a call only the sister can make. I don't know that she will.

There could possibly be a criminal investigation, too.

Nothing criminal. There was a death investigation, but the coroner ruled the death as accidental. As I understand it, Lucia's body will be released to her sister soon and she will be cremated. Once she is, her sister plans to travel to Virginia and sprinkle Lucia's ashes on her Mother's grave.

Wirelessly posted

Wow! I just read this. RIP Lucia.

ugh... her death was completely preventable...

when will people ever learn that using stove or any fuel appliance is dangerous for heating with the risk of carbon monoxide?

it would be better if she left a hot shower running instead

The water does not always stay hot forever and how would that keep the bedroom warm? The landlord should gotten some space heaters for her . I agree there was no need for this happen. How tragic . :(

The landlord was negative (spelling?) they did not get the heat fix fast enough. There is a law that apartment has to suitable to live in . It can't be too cold in the winter .

The landlord was negative (spelling?) they did not get the heat fix fast enough. There is a law that apartment has to suitable to live in . It can't be too cold in the winter .
Do you mean negligent? Yes, I agree. Even if it was impossible to fix the heater right away he could have provided her with a portable electric heater, at the very least.

This is a heartbreaking situation. :(

The water does not always stay hot forever and how would that keep the bedroom warm?
Yeah, I don't understand how that works. My shower stays hot for only about 30 minutes, and that's only in the bathroom. It doesn't warm the bedroom.

Oh, my. That's awful. My condolences to her sister. I hope she step in, and file a lawsuit against the management office.

We live here in San Antonio for a year. We don't know her personally, and have never met her in person. haven't heard any news about her death.

The management offices here in San Antonio are notorious for not doing their jobs. They're incomplete. I'm seriously not kidding. If you move to San Antonio to live in an apartment, bring your own tools, tons of water filters, and fresh paints with you. Don't expect maintenance crew to come at your door on time.

Maintenance crew can enter the apartment if a tenant is not home.

Totally unbelievable. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back