Low end BTE?

Lau2046

Reaction score
Does anyone make them? My hearing aids need to be replaced and finally breaking down. I've gone through three hearing aids, oddly all in my left ear that are now broken. The model I have on now, is my older still, Starkey analog that actually works! I just want to buy a back up pair now that my back ups are gone. I just want a plain plastic mold - no technology, no gimmicks. Just something along the lines of an analog. I see Costco sells BTE but I don't see a photo of it. Anyone?

You can also buy analog hearing aids off eBay.

I wear the Phonak Brio P-UP from Costco and am very happy with them.

Lloyds hearing aids has Resound Viking which is an analog aid severe-profound. It isn't listed. You have to contact support. I use two from there.

I am still wearing my analog Rextons mini for my profound hearing loss. Love them. Simple and no technological gimmicks. There’s a gentleman out of Florida that seemingly can repair hearing aids, Hal Fishbein ( not sure on the correct spelling of last name ) and also if you can get your Audiologist to connect with Prairie Labs our of Minnesota. They make analog hearing aids but not sure if they would work for your type of loss.

@NaidaUP has the Brio P UP from Costco! (some hearing aids like that can be converted to analog sounding too)

This is the one I was thinking of hard. I can't afford another Widex for backup and they'd probably be just as expensive as the ones I'm getting tomorrow. I want something that looks like an analog - thick tube, custom fat ear mold. Today at work I was in a meeting. My only surviving Widex in my right ear as high as it would go, my old faithful Starkey analog - and the very last back up hearing aid that works - in my left ear. I swear I hear better with the analog....digital be damned. I'm going to be headed to Costco as soon as I have the funds saved up. What is the ball park figure that they cost for a pair?

This is the one I was thinking of hard. I can't afford another Widex for backup and they'd probably be just as expensive as the ones I'm getting tomorrow. I want something that looks like an analog - thick tube, custom fat ear mold. Today at work I was in a meeting. My only surviving Widex in my right ear as high as it would go, my old faithful Starkey analog - and the very last back up hearing aid that works - in my left ear. I swear I hear better with the analog....digital be damned. I'm going to be headed to Costco as soon as I have the funds saved up. What is the ball park figure that they cost for a pair?

hearing tracker.com has some great info on Costco and their stuff too!

I would ask for recommendations for a good audiologist. Been HoH for over 50 years. I have used Beltone, Starkey, Sears - Miracle Ear, and two other brands with good results. My favorite audiologist is in Michigan -- Ear Center and I can't say enough about them. Check with your chamber of commerce or local schools to see what they recommend. Don't try to serve yourself. I also liked the analog better than my current digital ones, but my previous digital ones were fine. Ready to get a newer aid now too.

Back