Low Cost Free Standing Housing?

I am sure there some places that are minimal friendly. Like down the street where I am in an association they have these houses that are probably like 1k in square footage and a garage and that's it. If for example I could get more support and information maybe I can have one of those built from scratch at a "do able" fee if a Tiny House is too much involved to get "legalized".

If you find tiny houses in your area, go for that lot. Many large house owners don't like tiny houses because they fear it can decrease their value. If you plan to build a house from scratch, you will have to get permits like plumbing, electrical and maybe even septic tank. Go to your city hall to find out what kind of permits you need. Make sure the the ground under the lot is empty. If the soil is stable, then you're lucky. You never know when you dig the ground and discover pipes or sewer, which will cost you money. Be prepared for surprises. My father is a retired soil scientist. He had to test lots of soil survery to make sure they're stable before the building process starts.

If you find tiny houses in your area, go for that lot. Many large house owners don't like tiny houses because they fear it can decrease their value. If you plan to build a house from scratch, you will have to get permits like plumbing, electrical and maybe even septic tank. Go to your city hall to find out what kind of permits you need. Make sure the the ground under the lot is empty. If the soil is stable, then you're lucky. You never know when you dig the ground and discover pipes or sewer, which will cost you money. Be prepared for surprises. My father is a retired soil scientist. He had to test lots of soil survery to make sure they're stable before the building process starts.

Interesting thanks for the bit of information here.

Back