Looking to practice ASL and make friends over skype

Looking also for asl buddy. Screen name and skype. : zmyr88

Enviado desde mi iPhone con AllDeaf

All my profiles and screenames are zmyr88. Skype aim yahoo etc

Enviado desde mi iPhone con AllDeaf

Count me in guys! I am beginning my third year and need practice. Not too many people to practice with where I live.

I don't understand why you need to come online to learn how to sign especially on Skype.

If you want to learn how to sign ASL, then you should have gone to the Deaf class in your area (city). It is a lot better to learn how to sign properly and to study about Deaf Culture in a Deaf class with a Deaf instructor in person than online. If you can not afford going to the Deaf class, then you need to save enough money to go to the Deaf class. You will probably find Deaf class in the community college or Hearing Society. You got to ask around in your community about finding a Deaf class where you can learn how to sign properly in ASL.

Smith can not handle all of you wanting to learn to sign on Skype. That would be too much for him. Go to the public Deaf class in your area (if you live in rural or country, you have to go to the city).

I could not believe that is a lot of you here on this post. This is too much. :(

You guys can download program from Zvrs like VP to chat with deaf ppl if you are interested in learning signs.

@bebongang ; agree, learning a language out of context is bad for the new learners and the language as a whole..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AllDeaf App mobile app

@bebongang ; agree, learning a language out of context is bad for the new learners and the language as a whole..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AllDeaf App mobile app

My name is Bebonang. That is true that trying to learn to sign on online like what Signwithme is way out of context. It is a lot better to go to the Deaf class than online. If they continue to try to sign online, they will make a lot of mistakes and will not sign properly.

Beside, where do all the people who want to sign come on here all of a sudden? That is way too many people here. Good grief. Give us a break.

@Ashleycothren. You are asking if this is for deaf and hard of hearing only.

Yes, we are both deaf and hard of hearing but we also include hearing people who are interest in Deaf Culture and want to learn ASL or any other sign language like BSL (British Sign Language).

This is a Discussion Board so that we can discuss our deafness and/or hard of hearing including lots of topics that we want to discuss, not like having chat which can be really confusing if we get all mix up. So Discussion on topic is better to that we can stay on the topic instead of mix up not on topic. That is what we are here for to learn about Deaf Culture and our deafness and hard of hearing, even late deafened people who became deaf late in their age whether they were 2 years old or 6 years old or 30 years old, even 50 years when they became deaf or hard of hearing for the first time. Everyone is invited to come on board but we have to make sure that we can screen them not to be insulted to our intelligent and to us, d/Deaf and Hard Of Hearing (HOH).

And please go to the Deaf class if there is a place and a Deaf instructor to teach you properly and learn about Deaf Culture. Thank you. :wave:

Wow.. I've been reading it wrong this whole time.
I can't seem to edit a post other than this one, otherwise I'd edit it because I'm obsessive about being accurate.
Oh, and yes I highly suggest ASL classes with Native Signers, or deaf teachers, if you're going to learn it learn it right people, that and a deaf culture class. Even if you're Deaf/HOH it's well worth it.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I took ASL a couple of years ago. Never had anyone to practice with so, I pretty much forgot everything. I am learning through some videos right now, but would really enjoy interacting with others. If you're willing to sign with me, please let me know.

My name is Bebonang. That is true that trying to learn to sign on online like what Signwithme is way out of context. It is a lot better to go to the Deaf class than online. If they continue to try to sign online, they will make a lot of mistakes and will not sign properly.

Beside, where do all the people who want to sign come on here all of a sudden? That is way too many people here. Good grief. Give us a break.

@Ashleycothren. You are asking if this is for deaf and hard of hearing only.

Yes, we are both deaf and hard of hearing but we also include hearing people who are interest in Deaf Culture and want to learn ASL or any other sign language like BSL (British Sign Language).

This is a Discussion Board so that we can discuss our deafness and/or hard of hearing including lots of topics that we want to discuss, not like having chat which can be really confusing if we get all mix up. So Discussion on topic is better to that we can stay on the topic instead of mix up not on topic. That is what we are here for to learn about Deaf Culture and our deafness and hard of hearing, even late deafened people who became deaf late in their age whether they were 2 years old or 6 years old or 30 years old, even 50 years when they became deaf or hard of hearing for the first time. Everyone is invited to come on board but we have to make sure that we can screen them not to be insulted to our intelligent and to us, d/Deaf and Hard Of Hearing (HOH).

And please go to the Deaf class if there is a place and a Deaf instructor to teach you properly and learn about Deaf Culture. Thank you. :wave:

*wave*

I know what this forum is for, I was curious, when signwithme said that Zvrs had offered a program for hearing to download to be able to sign with Deaf/HOH people. I have Sorenson Ntouch on my phone, because my Ex boyfriend is Deaf and he always used my phone to call people (he didn't have wifi or a smartphone and he didn't want to carry around a laptop) and I was told by a few of my Deaf friends in community that it wasn't possible for hearing people to get a vp, so I assumed that Zvrs, purple, and sprint relay were the same :) and I am involved with the Deaf community here, in fact I am going hiking with them lol and I have taken classes :) but always welcoming new knowledge :)

Hello! My name is Angelique, I'm looking for friends to sign with to help improve my ASL. I've only finished to semesters and I am looking to improve my ASL Grammar and Sentence Structure. Also I really love American Sign Language and what I've studied of Deaf Culture!:cool2: Please feel free to message me! amc2762

Back