looking for work

kevlynn

Reaction score
Hello deaf world Im New to alldeaf Im a single dad with limited income, is there any jobs good jobs for deaf people this is all New to me, I lost my hearing 3 years ago, Im not used to not being able to hear even after three years of being deaf, I've bought a sign language dictionary it helps a little and Im going to college next month to take a ASL course.

Hello deaf world Im New to alldeaf Im a single dad with limited income, is there any jobs good jobs for deaf people this is all New to me, I lost my hearing 3 years ago, Im not used to not being able to hear even after three years of being deaf, I've bought sign language dictionary it helps a little and Im going to college next month to take a ASL course.

Why don't you have a VR counselor help you with that ?

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. VR stand for Vocational Rehabilitation. Yes, you can talk to the VR counselor about looking for a job or plan to attend colleges to learn some things for jobs. VR counselor will help find what you are looking for. I wish you good luck. Now that you are here, just have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Well here's a suggestion, there's a lot of big companies factories in Bakersfield area such as Fritos and few others. Also there are some oilfield there as well. You may want to look into those.

Hello deaf world Im New to alldeaf Im a single dad with limited income, is there any jobs good jobs for deaf people this is all New to me, I lost my hearing 3 years ago, Im not used to not being able to hear even after three years of being deaf, I've bought a sign language dictionary it helps a little and Im going to college next month to take a ASL course.
welcome to the club,they are harder to find but there,i had a good job for a while

Back