Looking for some statistics

marcyp06

Reaction score
Finishing up a research paper and have a couple things I cant find. I'll edit it to take them out it needed, but thought i'd ask around here first.

What is the percentage of Deaf-Ed programs in hearing schools that use pure (or very close to) ASL?

What is the percentage of Deaf teachers in Deaf schools?

Finishing up a research paper and have a couple things I cant find. I'll edit it to take them out it needed, but thought i'd ask around here first.

What is the percentage of Deaf-Ed programs in hearing schools that use pure (or very close to) ASL?

What is the percentage of Deaf teachers in Deaf schools?

When you say pure (or close to) ASL, are you referring to the quality of the language (vs. something like PSE)? Or are you talking about schools that use only ASL, and are not bilingual (so, no English at all? Schools that teach no literacy?)?

Once you have your list of Deaf schools, you may need to go school by school to determine % of Deaf teachers. Here's one really good attempt to map the Deaf schools in across the US, although you might have to go into her data sheet to include private schools and read the comments to get at any missed.

I know our daughter's school (the Learning Center for the Deaf in MA) says they have 40% Deaf staff. It is a bi-bi school.

Back