looking for a roommate near NYC

johncandoall

Reaction score
To Whom It May Concern

Hello, this is John from South Korea.
[FONT=times new roman,serif][/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,serif]I am a Deaf and hard of hearing person who is going to NYC this fall semester as a graduate student majoring mental health for deaf and hard of hearing.[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,serif]For a long time, I have been acted as a advocate for people with disabilities, especially for deaf and hard of hearing in South Korea. [/FONT]

I have several questions about NYC life. If you think the question is delicate for you, please skip it. I do not want to bother you at all.
I just want to know more about NYC life as a deaf and hard of hearing student! Please understand my urgent situation.
[FONT=times new roman,serif]If you don't mind, may I ask some questions? [/FONT]

Currently, I am looking for single room with shared apartment/sublet/studio to live from this Fall.
Especially, I do want to find a room near NYU (about 30 minutes okay).
Since I am a deaf and hard of hearing person and foreign students, it is very difficult for me to live a expensive room.

Also, if it is possible, I would like to live with deaf and hard of hearing people or sign language interpreters/hearing people who are familiar with deaf and hard of hearing. I want to immerse in Deaf culture in NYC, so I am in desperately need of learning ASL very deeply! (Of course, I can do ASL in a basic conversation) Conversely, i[FONT=times new roman,serif]t means that if somebody want to learn new languages such as Korean and Korean sign language, and have a snoring, I am a perfect roommate for him/her. [/FONT]

So, if you know about housing information available for this September or know somebody who can also find roommate, could you please tell or introduce it for me? It would be of great help for me to acculturate to NYC life.

Thank you for your time and help in advance.

I am looking forward to hear a positive reply from you.

Sincerely.

Back