Long time ad member

Can it Sono. Why are you trolling Shel?
I'm not trolling, said she was gone a long time, I remember recent posts and pointed out a fact. check yourself. She posted quite frequently every month since 2014 to be honest. She even said she hasn't posted since 2015... ok whatever.

I'd just drop it.. good grief.

I miss having a keyboard like the sidekick. :)

That is the one thing I really miss about the Sidekick I had. Screen was too small for me though... trade off now is that I have a bigger screen- ability to zoom in (on some apps at least...) but no physical keyboard lol.

I'd just drop it.. good grief.

That is the one thing I really miss about the Sidekick I had. Screen was too small for me though... trade off now is that I have a bigger screen- ability to zoom in (on some apps at least...) but no physical keyboard lol.

Yea...cant win, can we? :)

It's all good, power restored, cable back on...Just did a ton of laundry, mainly heavy blankets and such....LOL...getting back to "normal" or whatever that is.

I cant believe there are 3 systems in the Atlantic...yikes. Jose, Lee, and Maria. OMG

Why does it matter? Many of us post less and less than before, some have families, jobs or other reasons. It's not like Shel post everyday, nothing wrong with posting once in a while and like Shel said she comes here whenever she have time.

I guess the last year felt like 10 years ago because so much has happened. It is fine. Thanks for this post.

It's not perfect but, for me, it's better than the HA.
I did so well today that I don't have to go back for my 9 month visit unless I feel I have a need for adjustment. And I don't need to go to rehab anymore.

Those beep mappings are hard. I did have her up the "volume" which I think will be a big help.

Oh it is definitely not perfect. What I cant get over is how noisy the world is. Everything that moves makes a sound. Before, with hearing aids, I didnt pick up that much and now I am picking up practically everything and it is too much for me at times. As soon as I get home from work, I take them off. Just constantly hearing and hearing things is what I am not used to as I never had that growing up. Also, my brain gets so exhausted from all of that at my work so when I get home, I need the silence. My hubby says that he doesnt like me anymore because of that. Hahahaha..

Looking forward to hearing more from you. How about a Bluetooth keyboard to connect to the phone? I did get one when I had a small phone and could not seem to get it to register the letters I was trying to hit.

I do for music ...the bluetooth is not perfect because it clips on my shirt and sometimes it picks up the fabric rustling and makes statitic noises. I cannot stand that noise. Makes me cringe. But music ..wow! I love listening to music. I did that with my hearing aids growing up. :)

I do for music ...the bluetooth is not perfect because it clips on my shirt and sometimes it picks up the fabric rustling and makes statitic noises. I cannot stand that noise. Makes me cringe. But music ..wow! I love listening to music. I did that with my hearing aids growing up. :)

I appears to me that we are thinking in terms of different kinds of bluetooth connections. I was referring to connecting a keyboard that you type on to your phone to have a real keyboard to type on.

See if the quotes I am attaching here make it any easier to follow what I am referring to.

Really so much has happened in the past few years. I used to post daily and things have changed. It is not a big deal. Hopefully, I will participate more here. I don't use the computer much at home like before so I think that's probably why as my phone is not friendly to use AD. Too small and the typing is not smooth like the computer or the sidekick. I miss having a keyboard like the sidekick. :)

Looking forward to hearing more from you. How about a Bluetooth keyboard to connect to the phone? I did get one when I had a small phone and could not seem to get it to register the letters I was trying to hit.

I appears to me that we are thinking in terms of different kinds of bluetooth connections. I was referring to connecting a keyboard that you type on to your phone to have a real keyboard to type on.

See if the quotes I am attaching here make it any easier to follow what I am referring to.

I will have to learn more about that. How does that work? Talk into the phone and have the words typed out? If so, I already tried that and the words came out as , "HJKoijuoijv si;arjehj " because of my deaf accent. LOL

I will have to learn more about that. How does that work? Talk into the phone and have the words typed out? If so, I already tried that and the words came out as , "HJKoijuoijv si;arjehj " because of my deaf accent. LOL

Here are some examples. They come in all different sizes. They idea is that you have the separate keyboard that uses bluetooth to connect to your other device be it a phone, tablet, computer or what have you. You then type on the keyboard that is attached via bluetooth rather than the one that is a virtural keyboard in your phone for example.
https://www.google.com/search?q=blu...1KfWAhXnz1QKHYntB5gQ_AUICygC&biw=1093&bih=508

Jane, I doubt she wants to carry a keyboard with her wherever she goes. I believe she has a computer but is online via her phone most of the time - outside of her home.

Jane, I doubt she wants to carry a keyboard with her wherever she goes. I believe she has a computer but is online via her phone most of the time - outside of her home.

I didn't write it all down but there are ones that are about the same size as a phone but give you a physical keyboard that can be noticeably easier to type on than a virtual one. I did mention and show that they come in many different sizes. Also, I was thinking that with her son getting older they may have more competition for the use of the family computer so she may well still be posting from home.

Sorry been gone forever since the trash truck ripped the landline down Friday morning ( someone moved a dumpster under the lateral lines and the bandit caught ) ripped the anchor out of the wall and the junction box as well. But I'm back to my chaotic self today ... enjoy ! LOL

I didn't write it all down but there are ones that are about the same size as a phone but give you a physical keyboard that can be noticeably easier to type on than a virtual one. I did mention and show that they come in many different sizes. Also, I was thinking that with her son getting older they may have more competition for the use of the family computer so she may well still be posting from home.

Yea, my son uses the computer a lot but sometimes I kick him off from it when I need it to type lesson plans like tonight which is very rare.I will check these out. Like keyboard apps?

Yea, my son uses the computer a lot but sometimes I kick him off from it when I need it to type lesson plans like tonight which is very rare.I will check these out. Like keyboard apps?

No they are not apps. I have a feeling that you did not get to follow the link I provided from a Google Search to illustrate how many different sizes they come in. So here it is again.

https://www.google.com/search?q=blu...1KfWAhXnz1QKHYntB5gQ_AUICygC&biw=1093&bih=508

It is a separate item from the phone and uses bluetooth to connect to the phone. They come in sizes from ones about the same size as a phone to full size ones like come with computers. Some of the small ones are offered along with cases that your phone also fits in. And some of the big ones fold down to about phone size when not in use. I have one that is also a "power bank" so you can recharge your phone if it goes down when not close to an outlet. It is about the same size as a phone with a 5" screen and I found the physical keyboard it provides easier to hit the right key on than the virtual on that is part of the small phone I had at the time. I do have essential tremor that makes hitting a very small key on a virtual keyboard harder than it is for some.

Thanks Jane and Deafducky....

Yea, I was going to look at the links but I forgot so thanks for reminding me and posting more links. Oh...I definitely have seen those but I didnt know that you can use them with phones. Wow...I probably could do more if I got one of those. Thanks so much!

Back