Lives in danger as many seek refuge from extreme heat

I normally keep temp at 80 degrees in the summer. When I lost power on sat evening, temps inside my apt went to 100 degrees. :eek3: Outside temps were at least 100 degrees this weekend.
Oh, my! I hope you get your power and AC back soon.

Fox, i may not have a clue what kind of AC do you have. put the big sheet on the wall where it has hallway in your area where the room is never used to block it. so Let the ac air comes in where you usually hang out in that area. I know it s hard to put tack on the sheet or cover the blanket by the hallway or something like that. If you do not get it what i mean. i ll pm you ..

I guess we can't complain. My classmate in Afghanistan said it's currently 124 degrees where he's stationed. Yikes!

i over in uk and i freezing and wet.we not had one summer day,but i would not want live in your heat

Most of us really don't "like" it either. But are you keeping up with the fact that the temps referred to in the US are F rather than C temps?

I just walked back home from the 4th of july festival, its HOT!! Plus the back of my feet are bleeding due the shoes i was wearing :aw: and i wasn't feeling so good because i didn't get much sleep last night and because of the hot weather. Plus some of the food at the festival tasted crappy. So i ended up not eating much from it. I felt like i was going to pass out and i was trying to walk at a fast pace to get home so i can chill in my house and not pass out haha.

Maybe i'll take a short nap to gain some of my energy back.

Here'll be 75 degrees, so it is now 68 degrees. But, I feel it is too warm...

I just walked back home from the 4th of july festival, its HOT!! Plus the back of my feet are bleeding due the shoes i was wearing :aw: and i wasn't feeling so good because i didn't get much sleep last night and because of the hot weather. Plus some of the food at the festival tasted crappy. So i ended up not eating much from it. I felt like i was going to pass out and i was trying to walk at a fast pace to get home so i can chill in my house and not pass out haha.

Maybe i'll take a short nap to gain some of my energy back.

that's why I decided to wear my old pink and white flowered sneakers yesterday LOL :) (and yes, they sparkle)

Why worry about keeping the attic cool if no one is going to use it? Just open up the vents and focus a big fan at the attic door so hot air can go through up and out. Cooler air "settles" in the lower levels.

Plus, use dehumidifiers. These will cut down on the humidity factor and make the heat more tolerable. Arizona has dry heat, and it's much more tolerable than moist heat.

I can handle heat very well b.c I used to work outside all summer. Git this, my electricity was turned on over an hr ago. I didnt have electricity since friday evenly and everyday was in 90s. I had to sleep in the damn dirty concrete basement. :lol: Thanks to derecho...grrrrr

it is pretty worst hot high 0.o terrible AC cool omg, it is pretty terrible it pretty tomorrow summer warn me lots of tried easy sleep i look likes weather careful!

It's in the high 80's in my house even with air conditioners.

I feel sick from the heat.

yet overhere in uk we got flood warnings,i can not go out it to wet and cold,shame we can not share weather

102 here yesterday with heat index of up to 110
scattered power outages and news warned of buckling roads.

101 today and 103 tomorrow and over 11,500 ppl in my county are still without electricity since Friday..thats a full week.. Several people filed complaints against couple of hotels for price gougin. :lol:

saskatoon is very worst to high dont want to sick on cause on worst to tried not funny! reason don't want to getting sick sick! be careful

lots of water important wise how tell you advise

better water help you cool , give you sick be careful

is it like this all over states

A good portion of it. I don't know if you can get into this site or not but it might by worth a try.
National Weather Forecast - weather.com

I am about 60-80 miles east of St. Louis, MO in Southern Illinois and my current temp is showing as 103F at 1:25 pm Central Daylight Time. The high for the day is usually around 3pm so it could will still go up a bit. It is not too unusual to have some temps over 100F here but this is coming very early in the summer and high enough a number of days to set records. Also, it is lasting a record length of time in a row.

Back