Lives in danger as many seek refuge from extreme heat

Yup, we change the filter every 3 months.
We change our filter once a month, which is the recommended schedule.

Something is definitely wrong with that AC unit. Either that, or your uncle has done something wacky to the thermostat settings.

My uncle had fix the AC problem last year and hired someone to inspect but they didn't anything is wrong. :dunno:

I wonder how much temperature for the West Coast... I kinda of expect it would be more extreme than before... :(

but... come to the south and you will feel that heat is a lot a lot worse.

I wonder how much temperature for the West Coast... I kinda of expect it would be more extreme than before... :(

It has been really hot here where I live in California. Last weeks high was 108. Average temp during the summer is 90 degrees. We don't have the humidity like a lot of the people suffering with this heat. Plus our area is use to it. I really hope others get the relief soon.

It has been really hot here where I live in California. Last weeks high was 108. Average temp during the summer is 90 degrees. We don't have the humidity like a lot of the people suffering with this heat. Plus our area is use to it. I really hope others get the relief soon.

108? You must be near either Fresno or Bakersfield.

108? You must be near either Fresno or Bakersfield.

Yup or Inyo County.

SF/bay area is more cooler but central/east CA is more hotter.

Only difference is central/east CA doesn't have high humidity as southern states, or you probably experience in DC metro during summertime.

Yup or Inyo County.

SF/bay area is more cooler but central/east CA is more hotter.

Only difference is central/east CA doesn't have high humidity as southern states, or you probably experience in DC metro during summertime.

Yeah, that's one of few reasons why I move to SF due to cooler weather all year. I could not stand DC's hot weather anymore. I can handle Sacramento's avg 100 degrees in summer time due to dry weather than heat with humidity.

Yeah, that's one of few reasons why I move to SF due to cooler weather all year. I could not stand DC's hot weather anymore. I can handle Sacramento's avg 100 degrees in summer time due to dry weather than heat with humidity.

Yup, same here, I can't handle it anymore and I'm going move back to west coast after finish with my bachelor degree.

I remember about DC during heatwave, I went to Gallaudet University and lived in Benson Hall but... the AC in our room broke so took few days for man to fix it so my roommate and I weren't happy due to sweating.

It could be cheap heat pump?

My bedroom is in attic level so probably that why too hot.
Attics are hotter, especially if your AC isn't zoned. Could also be not enough insulation or more sun on your room. But your description still sounds way too high.

Attics are hotter, especially if your AC isn't zoned. Could also be not enough insulation or more sun on your room. But your description still sounds way too high.

Yup, we have 2 central AC - one for entire house and other one for attic.

We don't have trees around our house - that's problem too and more sun too.

Yup, we have 2 central AC - one for entire house and other one for attic.

We don't have trees around our house - that's problem too and more sun too.
Oh, so you do have zoned AC. Separate thermostats, right? Is it just the attic that is hot? Are the downstairs rooms cooler?

Oh, so you do have zoned AC. Separate thermostats, right? Is it just the attic that is hot? Are the downstairs rooms cooler?

Yup, 2 separate thermostats.

The attic is more hotter than downstairs rooms.

Yup, 2 separate thermostats.

The attic is more hotter than downstairs rooms.
Then you should be able to adjust your temp for the attic spaces. I think 68 degrees is a bit extreme for the summer but something in the 70's should be reasonable.

i over in uk and i freezing and wet.we not had one summer day,but i would not want live in your heat

I keep my AC with 72 temp and still cool in my house while outside too hot!! :)

Yup, same here, I can't handle it anymore and I'm going move back to west coast after finish with my bachelor degree.

I remember about DC during heatwave, I went to Gallaudet University and lived in Benson Hall but... the AC in our room broke so took few days for man to fix it so my roommate and I weren't happy due to sweating.
Oh wow, there are few places more miserable than DC in the summer.

Then you should be able to adjust your temp for the attic spaces. I think 68 degrees is a bit extreme for the summer but something in the 70's should be reasonable.

I normally keep temp at 80 degrees in the summer. When I lost power on sat evening, temps inside my apt went to 100 degrees. :eek3: Outside temps were at least 100 degrees this weekend.

Back