Lillys Bilateral activation

Lillys dad

Reaction score
Just wanted to update on Lillys progress. SHe had her bilat CI activated on Feb1. She did awesome. Over the weekedn, I asked her if she liked hearing from both ears. She looked at me, got a huge grin on her face and nodded while saying "YES".
Yesterday, wse went back for activation session 2 of 4. After soem testing and fine tuning, she went in the audi booth. SHe heard noise at 20 dbs with only her new CI turned on! That amazed me and the audi staff.
We are taking off the old CI for an hour every evening so she can get used to listening with the new CI. Other than that one hour, she has both on every day. While wearing both CIs, if the coil from the new CI comes off, she immediately puts it back on. This shows me that she is already adapting to hearing from both ears.
The maps are very quiet right now, but are getting progressively louder over time.
She is still amazing the experts!
I think it is sfe to say that she is happy with hearing from bothe ears. Afterall, she has told me that herself, with her own sweet little voice.

That is great!! I know you must be so proud. Keep up the good work Lilly !! Congrats on the success and fast results.

Just wanted to update on Lillys progress. SHe had her bilat CI activated on Feb1. She did awesome. Over the weekedn, I asked her if she liked hearing from both ears. She looked at me, got a huge grin on her face and nodded while saying "YES".
Yesterday, wse went back for activation session 2 of 4. After soem testing and fine tuning, she went in the audi booth. SHe heard noise at 20 dbs with only her new CI turned on! That amazed me and the audi staff.
We are taking off the old CI for an hour every evening so she can get used to listening with the new CI. Other than that one hour, she has both on every day. While wearing both CIs, if the coil from the new CI comes off, she immediately puts it back on. This shows me that she is already adapting to hearing from both ears.
The maps are very quiet right now, but are getting progressively louder over time.
She is still amazing the experts!
I think it is sfe to say that she is happy with hearing from bothe ears. Afterall, she has told me that herself, with her own sweet little voice.
I'm glad to see you posting this. I'm also happy that things are going as you all hoped for and wish you the best moving forward. It's always good to hear about the success stories amongst the failures and negativity. It creates a balance that hopefully draws an accurate picture for parents faced with the decision. Thanks for sharing with us.

20 dbs is almost close to perfect. That's great! Glad she can hear much better!

Really good result! And I like that you and Lily have such good communication with each other even though she is so young.

Congrats! :)

I asked around in the regular ed dept about some of our students with CIs and if there were any success. There is one boy who has a dB of 20 just like Lilly's and he is doing good with his CI so far. He enjoys the CI program at my school. Also, the kindergarden regular ed class has about 3 students who are having success with their CIs.

That's great and it must be a relief to see that her progress has significantly improved...as well as the manifestation of a wonderful successful attempt to vastly improve her hearing. Meanwhile, hope she, you, will continue to enjoy the benefits she's encountering...all the while, everyone's being happy and grateful. ;)

~RR

CI - just a another form of assimulation

whats wrong with going to your local library and getting a book on sign language? cheaper than a 10K operation <removed> so you can speak to them.

p.s. CI children require a vaccination or you can send them upstairs

Yes, but actually, ALL children, hearing or deaf or CI'd, doesn't matter, ALL of them should be vaccinated against meningitis anyway. It can strike anyone, and children are more prone to them. So, your point is moot anyway. :roll:

:rifle:
whats wrong with going to your local library and getting a book on sign language? cheaper than a 10K operation <removed> so you can speak to them.

Someone just had to say something negative. Anyways great to hear that her activation went well!:cheers:

Aw glad to know she loves wearing her CI, that's great!!

In referrence to a newbie's post--to some, it'll look like a negative post, to others, a positive one, others, it might look logical, for others...I could go on and on...point is, no need to bash a person's own ideals or ways.

However, certain forms of ideals, opinions would serve better in a newer thread or other existing threads more directly related rather than in this thread which specifically regards a member's child's accomplishment with an activation.

~RR

How much benifit did she get with her old hearing aid in her newly implanted ear? I do remember that you had her implanted b/c of a progressive loss. I'm no expert, but maybe keeping the other ear stimulated was a good thing ...it built the foundation for learning to hear......Lilys won't have to start from scratch in that ear. I'm glad Lily is happy about hearing...........

Excellent .. Go Lilly

By the way...

Do we have a seagull here....????

Boy, that's certainly going to go over well with nervous parents.

BTW, many of the parents here ARE taking sign lessons as well as having their children implanted.

In case u didnt know, all of the parents of CI children here in AD have taken sign language classes or learned sign language. The parents who wont learn sign language are not AD members here, unfortunately. They could learn a lot here.

Yes, but actually, ALL children, hearing or deaf or CI'd, doesn't matter, ALL of them should be vaccinated against meningitis anyway. It can strike anyone, and children are more prone to them. So, your point is moot anyway. :roll:

It's a requirement now for college admission, isn't it? (Well, I think you can sign a waiver, but most people don't.)

Let's just ignore that seagull and focus on the intent of this thread... Miss Lilly!!!

So glad to hear Lilly is doing great with her 2nd CI! Hope Marshall does well too...

What an Audist attitude! What's wrong with accpeting choice?

Back