like your job?

TTT

Reaction score
erase

Last edited:
TTT said:
...I know it is a good paying job, but I turn that down.

...My Aunt offered me a job, but I turn that one down too.

...I want to wait til I am 40 or 50
years old and I can just stay at home with mom...
relaxing. College life takes out alot of me... I need a BIG BREAK!!!
Forget marriage and children are too much stress to raise.

Me too lazy... :cool:
Man, you got that right!

I hope you are just kidding.

TTT said:
My mom's friend wanted me to work for him.
But I don't know anything about Graphic computer design....
I know it is a good paying job, but I turn that down.

My Aunt offered me a job, but I turn that one down too.
I don't want to know how to set up a business.

My love is to make film, but I haven't start on making
my own independent film, I want to wait til I am 40 or 50
years old and I can just stay at home with mom...
relaxing. College life takes out alot of me... I need a BIG BREAK!!!
Forget marriage and children are too much stress to raise.

Always find jobs you know you will love. Just like when
you wanna get marry, marry someone you really really love...
And if you want children, make sure you don't do it for
selfish reason... just be ready and prepare. Babies are not
dolls, cause I know by help assisting my baby nephew.

Me too lazy... :cool:

Are you for real? We dont always get jobs we love ...we know that in order to have a successful career, you have to put up with b.s and stress until you eventually get there. You don't just get it like that. You have to start from teh bottom and work your way up. No one is going to offer you a great job when you turn 40 or 50.

You will not find the world at your feet. You go out and DO it. You need to change your attitude, girl or you will end up having nothing by the time youre 50 years old.

Hope this makes sense, girl.

i can understand that feeling i have another
friend going thru same thing into films... so
it does make sense that you feel very excited
and motivated about produce these films
I strongly encourage you to stick with
these films because they're in your heart....

What will you do now with the films to
prepare for the future ? (the reason why
I ask you because I heard from others that
it takes very long time to dream, write, develop
and produce film) What kind of film story
do you want to create ?

Most important for you to hang around
with people /friends who give you some
positive feedback/support.
Follow your heart. And Follow your mind.

Last edited:
perhaps youd like to meet up with some deaf people who are into filmmaking. there were some in NYC and L.A that i know of.

i know one gal who's majoring in filming/director.. she just graduated and now shes making film in germany

Not every job can be something you enjoy. Nothing os 100% perfect or expected to go your way. That's why we all gotta work hard to find something we really one. It's better to get a job you don't "love" and make some money while finding a job you will "love"... than to ignore a job you don't "love" and end up going broke and losing your home.

I used to love stay home and do something around the house but ever since I moved out of parent's house and lived in my own apt, I hate staying home and rather go to work or helluva somewhere except my home lol

may i ask... how old are you? if u're over 18.. u gotta get ur guts to work or school.. can't just depend on parent's income for rest of ur life. and heck.. I work and i feel good and proud of myself making myself a living. u can do it too :D there's always a dream u can get, never gave up.

TTT,

Before you can produce films, you have to experience life. You have to get out and DO things. Then you can start small, with films about daily life. Then, as you perfect your techniques, get experience, meet other people in your field, you can move up to bigger and better things.

Most successful people start small, at the bottom level, learn as much as they can, find a mentor, and take chances. They are willing to fail, and then start again. It's called "paying your dues."

Real success never just pops up at your door. You have to go out and grab it.

It is too bad that you turned down that graphic design job. That could have been an open door to networking with people in business and advertising, who know people in TV and film, and so forth. It would also give you some capital (money) to spend on your first film making.

TTT said:
I am 33. I will be 34 in a few days, this month.

Oh, wow! I didn't realize you were so old. You better not waste any more time. You are starting life very late.

Don't wait for the "perfect" time to make the "perfect" movie. Just get started doing something.

If you stay home and depend on other people, you will never become mature. You must start taking small steps now.

But, if you don't want to grow up, well, it won't happen.

I don't want to think about having a job right now, I don't have to
work... because I don't have children or bills to pay.
I like best stay at home and have no responsiblity.
There are more reasons for working than just paying bills or supporting children. Work provides experience, responsibility, references, money for education and "making movies", and self-respect.

TTT said:
I am 33. I will be 34 in a few days, this month.
I like best stay at home and have no responsiblity. :cool:

I feel sorry for your attitude...you cannot live fully until you have really LIVED it.

It sounds like filmmaking is your passion but you cannot wait until youre 40 or 50 like you said in your other post to make a great film. You have to experience life in order to bring depth to a film. You have to work your way up to the point where you could do a film successfully.

Fear is a nasty thing. If you allow fear to dicate your life and control it, then you will land nowhere. In order to gain confidence, in my opinion, I think it is best to do things and explore the world, learn and experience new things, etc... Pick a book and read... Start writing stories... Go to theatres to watch plays and so on... Learn as much as you can, and perhaps you will have a better idea of what to do with your filming career.

Right now, I am working in a hospital in a very manual/menial job. I am applying to a hospital school to become a phlebomist and hopefully land a job into the labs much later on as soon as I complete a degree in MLT or MT. Now that I have this goal clear in my mind, and see what the steps are, and from my current job cleaning the labs, I see so much and learn what it is like, etc... Through my small job, I "explored" and learned a lot about the labs, and why it is so interesting. Autospies also are intriguing. This is what Reba means about doing jobs in order to gain experience and explore the career world that you are headed into.

i had no jobs in 4 years and i have been looking for a job.. i mean ANY reasonable jobs and u have no idea how frustrating that is you were so friggin lucky to have a family who offer u jobs ... i have dream job but i also am not that ignorant ... i will get that dream job and i wont give up but i also understand i wll have to take some crap jobs in order to get my dream job.. i will have to go through school too. it sucks. i know.. but results will be rewarding.. at least thats wha people tells me and that is what im seeking so im not gonna sit around like you and wait till that job appears like a magic. instead i would work toward it. i suggest u to do same then u would get somewhere

p.s.... its has really been 4 years?! my god its too long. :(

TTT said:
But I got enemies out there, lurking....
Waiting for me to go back out...
Knowing I got some bad reputation...
I feel someone will use it against me....

This is a harsh cruel world...
And I know it is not a piece a cake...
There are jealous people out there...
There are mean people out there...
There are greedy people out there...

This is my life... and I don't want to make a wrong decision.
I only live once, and I need to be careful.
People get murdered everyday, people come up missing everyday...
some people get beat up, backstabbed, and so and so on.

So I have a lot of patient.... I wanna make sure I make the right decision.
I am thinking and writing down what I am planning to do with film.

So what? Despite what you say, life is still worth exploring/living. Im not gonna let these people dictate how I should live.

Like my job? actually, sometime I dont like work at McDonalds because they keep putting me on prep table at all the time, I feeling not worth it because I already dealed with my managers and they promised that I will put another place to work on it but they never. I feeling not worth it and I can quit job and looking for another job anytime when I feeling ready.

Also I will beginning college class on Jan 10 so I can become part-time at McDonalds. :)

Back