Liens

sonocativo

Reaction score
Well, I kept it under the table til I got it squared away.
The 08 Fit I got had a Lien on the title ( its paid for, just didn't get the release papers)
I didn't realize it nor did the shop til after the facts ( how I overlooked that is beyond me) anyways. At first the shop offered to give me my money back but being I already signed the title I told him it would be all jacked up on his half so he got in touch with the guy and he got all erratic that there is no lien as it is paid off ( not understanding you need a lien release from the bank, and its free ) so he wasn't being cooperative at all. So, I contacted the bank, being I wasn't the account holder they really wouldn't deal with me, but told me to fax over a copy of the title showing he signed it and I'm the new owner and they will process it and send a release which could take up to 6 weeks ( damnit ) well I did all that and now its just a waiting game where the original owner could get a copy in the matter of a couple days.
After some back and forth with the shop owner and the owner, The owner finally called and said he will get the Lien Release for us. So now we are just waiting for when he gets the copy.
I told Him as well as the bank they can email it or send it directly to me to save time so I can get the car legal in my name ( the DMV gave me temp tags for the time being ) so far I haven't used a full tank and already put 300 miles on it averaging 33 mpg with a mix of city/hwy driving as it is, but if I would guess what the total mileage was on a full empty tank, it may increase to 45 as the owner stated, I am thrilled that$20 in a 10 gallon tank will push approximately 400 miles out of it and Ive been driving this gas sipper for 2 weeks now on that one tank where my truck needed filling up 2 times or more a week at $50+ a pop....

Glad you got that squared away. Having a clear title is important.

If you can break down that wall of text into several paragraphs I'll get back and read it.

If you can break down that wall of text into several paragraphs I'll get back and read it.
Lien on title I overlooked, no lien as its paid for but no release paper and now owner said he will get it after I contacted the bank to try and get a copy which it will take me a few weeks to get it where the original owner can get it in a few days.

Picked up the lien release yesterday, woot !!!!
Getting it legal today.

Back