Lgbt Gun Group Membership Spikes After Florida Shooting

Brady Organization/Michael Bloomberg vs. LGBT organizations

At least one group is using common sense. Let's stop blaming guns for what terrorists do and start using common sense and defending oneself - call it what it was - a terrorist attack....and the best way to fight crime is shoot back....do you think the folks in Bangladesh are now looking to disarm their citizens the way Obama's administration is? Let's take the fight to the terrorist instead of going after America's civil rights.

Laura

At least one group is using common sense. Let's stop blaming guns for what terrorists do and start using common sense and defending oneself - call it what it was - a terrorist attack....and the best way to fight crime is shoot back....do you think the folks in Bangladesh are now looking to disarm their citizens the way Obama's administration is? Let's take the fight to the terrorist instead of going after America's civil rights.

Laura

Bangladesh and most Muslim countries have stricter gun control laws, even worse than California and New York that where you have constitutionally protected to have self-defense at home.

Obama Admin has no problem to ban anyone on no fly list or under FBI radar from buying guns, but the Congress couldn't pass the law, also FBI, CIA and DHS should their job to thwart the attack plots so I hold FBI, DHS and CIA accountable for not doing their job. We have anti-terrorist laws, especially PATRIOT Act, but they are not effective if law enforcement agencies aren't doing their job.

The gun isn't issue, IMO but I have problem with law enforcement agencies. I believe that use of "disarm" is exaggerated - if you are law abiding citizens so you are not part of problem.

BTW, you should aware that Americans are divide on gun issues and in some states, even gun friendly, most citizens don't carry concealed or openly. In my state - Alabama, around 50% citizens carry guns (mostly concealed) and 50% aren't.

Last edited:
Also, Utah has strong gun culture, along with Wyoming, New Mexico and Montana, I believe so, but Colorado used to be, but not much after many Californians, outsiders and immigrants move in Colorado (mostly in Denver metro).

I don't believe any of the statics liberals try and use...there's enough evidence to show they make up crap to defend their positions. Guns have everything to do it. Terrorists hit soft targets where there's least possibly of people being able to fight back. Not sure why you think Muslim countries have stricter gun control. I seem to recall Sadam Hussein regularly firing his guns into the air to "celebrate."

I don't believe any of the statics liberals try and use...there's enough evidence to show they make up crap to defend their positions. Guns have everything to do it. Terrorists hit soft targets where there's least possibly of people being able to fight back. Not sure why you think Muslim countries have stricter gun control. I seem to recall Sadam Hussein regularly firing his guns into the air to "celebrate."

What? Most statistic about gun ownership and CCW/OC are neutral so they want to know about how many people carried gun openly or concealed so it is interesting, even NRA use statistic as resource, also it could be easily to understand about how strong is gun culture in states. California and New York have lowest gun ownership since gun isn't strong part of their culture, but it is stronger in rural area, however, some homeowners and renters use for self-defense in home only.

FYI, terrorists target soft AND hard targets, not just soft targets over the world, also for hard targets, terrorists have to use a lot of resource to achieve their goal, especially numerous deaths.

The government in Muslim countries may have no problem to use guns but citizens don't have much rights or privilege as government, so Iraq was dictatorship, prior to US invasion in 2003.

BTW, not all democrats agree with party platforms.

Last edited:
Democrat Party platform on LGBT rights and gun rights

Freedom to Marry. We support the right of all families to have equal respect, responsibilities, and protections under the law. We support marriage equality and support the movement to secure equal treatment under law for same-sex couples. We also support the freedom of churches and religious entities to decide how to administer marriage as a religious sacrament without government interference.

We oppose discriminatory federal and state constitutional amendments and other attempts to deny equal protection of the laws to committed same-sex couples who seek the same respect and responsibilities as other married couples. We support the full repeal of the so-called Defense of Marriage Act and the passage of the Respect for Marriage Act.

Firearms. We recognize that the individual right to bear arms is an important part of the American tradition, and we will preserve Americans' Second Amendment right to own and use firearms. We believe that the right to own firearms is subject to reasonable regulation. We understand the terrible consequences of gun violence; it serves as a reminder that life is fragile, and our time here is limited and precious. We believe in an honest, open national conversation about firearms. We can focus on effective enforcement of existing laws, especially strengthening our background check system, and we can work together to enact commonsense improvements—like reinstating the assault weapons ban and closing the gun show loophole—so that guns do not fall into the hands of those irresponsible, law-breaking few.

Republican Party platform on LGBT rights and gun rights

Preserving and Protecting Traditional Marriage

The institution of marriage is the foundation of civil society. Its success as an institution will determine our success as a nation. It has been proven by both experience and endless social science studies that traditional marriage is best for children. Children raised in intact married families are more likely to attend college, are physically and emotionally healthier, are less likely to use drugs or alcohol, engage in crime, or get pregnant outside of marriage. The success of marriage directly impacts the economic well-being of individuals. Furthermore, the future of marriage affects freedom. The lack of family formation not only leads to more government costs, but also to more government control over the lives of its citizens in all aspects. We recognize and honor the courageous efforts of those who bear the many burdens of parenting alone, even as we believe that marriage, the union of one man and one woman must be upheld as the national standard, a goal to stand for, encourage, and promote through laws governing marriage. We embrace the principle that all Americans should be treated with respect and dignity.

The Second Amendment: Our Right to Keep and Bear Arms

We uphold the right of individuals to keep and bear arms, a right which antedated the Constitution and was solemnly confirmed by the Second Amendment. We acknowledge, support, and defend the law-abiding citizen’s God-given right of self-defense. We call for the protection of such fundamental individual rights recognized in the Supreme Court’s decisions in District of Columbia v. Heller and McDonald v. Chicago affirming that right, and we recognize the individual responsibility to safely use and store firearms. This also includes the right to obtain and store ammunition without registration. We support the fundamental right to self-defense wherever a law-abiding citizen has a legal right to be, and we support federal legislation that would expand the exercise of that right by allowing those with state-issued carry permits to carry firearms in any state that issues such permits to its own residents. Gun ownership is responsible citizenship, enabling Americans to defend their homes and communities. We condemn frivolous lawsuits against gun manufacturers and oppose federal licensing or registration of law-abiding gun owners. We oppose legislation that is intended to restrict our Second Amendment rights by limiting the capacity of clips or magazines or otherwise restoring the ill-considered Clinton gun ban. We condemn the reckless actions associated with the operation known as “Fast and Furious,” conducted by the Department of Justice, which resulted in the murder of a U.S. Border Patrol Agent and others on both sides of the border. We applaud the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives in holding the current Administration’s Attorney General in contempt of Congress for his refusal to cooperate with their investigation into that debacle. We oppose the improper collection of firearms sales information in the four southern border states, which was imposed without congressional authority.

https://www.democrats.org/party-platform#protecting-rights

https://www.gop.com/platform/we-the-people/

BTW: Those party platforms above are FEDERAL so political parties in state could be different, even California Democratic Party asked for more restrictive gun laws than federal platform and Nevada Republican Party dropped the opposition to gay marriage.

Last edited:
If you are gay and AR-15 owner so it means neither GOP or DEM are representing you.

Do you have any contribution to this topic instead of posting smiles or simply agree with someone, without explanation? If you have no contribution to this thread so I don't think that you shouldn't getting involved in this thread at all.

My biggest question about gay men who are pro-gun rights, own AR-15, but they know that democrats are anti-gun and republican are anti-gay so how could you solve the problem to represent them?

It isn't my type for gay men who support gun rights to be underrepresented or no representative at all, also of course, it is my concern.

Back