Letting people believe I’m mute, when I’m not

Because texting takes to long for the work I do. It would take forever, that is why I need a radio, besides the cell phone is not really Up-to-date. I have a flip phone. bwuahahahahaha!!!! * in snooty accent... imagine thattttt* lol

Not all hearies are like that but some of them ... uuugh, I know they dont understand, but you would think after years and years we have been on this earth, they would get it by now? lol oh well :D

Speaking of music... I hear that too... its like they say oh I am sorry i didn't know you were deaf? What exactly why you need to be sorry for? :lol: sometimes you just gotta shake your head :D

Ah, I understand. Ron Swanson would be proud of you because you use a flip phone. LOL Yeah, I agree with you on that they would get it by now? Some of them probably forget by then. Is your hotel always busy? My niece works in a hotel in a town in Central Coast California. Her hotel keeps her busy!

I sometimes wonder if some hearing folks seem to think "Well you have hearing aid(s)...those amplify/make louder sounds so you BETTER be able hear! It's louder than what we hear!"

Well... loudness/amplification != speech discrimination/comprehension!

Yep, I get that, too. They have no idea it can hurt my ears if I turn it up all the way. Don't want to deal with ringing.

Last edited:
Ah, I understand. Ron Swanson would be proud of you because you use a flip phone. LOL Yeah, I agree with you on that they would get it by now? Some of them probably forget by then. Is your hotel always busy? My niece works in a hotel in a town in Central Coast California. Her hotel keeps her busy!

Most of the time YES, we do have slow days, but since I am the supervisor, they keep me busy all the time.

I have to look up Ron Swanson....never heard of him, I really need to get out more! lol

@DeafDucky... I SO AGREE! 100%

Yep, I get that, too. They have no idea it can hurt my ears if I turn it up all the way. Don't want to deal with ringing.

I already have ringing in ears (a few different reasons as to why...) and every pair of hearing aids I've ever owned 99% of the time I crank them to the max volume.. doesn't hurt my ears/no pain. The MCL and UCL tests are just a bump up to me. Doesn't even feel uncomfortable (the opposite.. feels just right lol).

I have a friend who's son had a seizure at a young age which caused a receptive/expressive language disorder. He can still hear, he just can't interpret language. He considers himself Deaf even though he can still technically hear things. He can hear sounds, and he can hear that people are speaking to him, but he lacks the ability to turn that sound into language.

I don't see why your situation would be much different.

You have your reasons, but I think it's better to actually face the issue than trying to avoid it. Don't you think? I guess it's easier said than done though, but have you tried working on your ELD? I mean, have you tried seeking help?

Back