Leaving Starkey and my Audi...

I just paid 8500 to my audi...but it was for two aids, the streamer, molds, swim plugs, FM boots, and service for the life of the aids...

yeah in the cost of the aids you get the service and cleaning and check ups... I think I got one pair of molds free, and i dont remember how much I paid for the other pair? I just cant wait to talk to her tomorrow... She is already better considering she called earlier this evening with a reminder/ confirmation call for my appointment, something my other Audi has never done!

Hi all!

Well I had my appointment this morning and it was great! She was very nice! Although with a new Audi comes new hearing tests and I HATE having to have them... But they were about the same as my last tests so that is good (no drop in hearing.)

We had talked over all my options and she thinks that my hearing aids are just fine right now. The only problem is that since I didn't buy mine there all my appointments will cost money. $35 for cleanings and tube changing, basically maintenance... AND if I need them adjusted $75 dollars each time.

I haven't had to have my HAs adjusted for awhile which is good news. She suggested that until I do have to start adjusting them a lot that I stay with these HA's because I have kept them really nice. I told her I only really wanted new HAs so that I didnt have to pay for the cost of service... We agreed to keep the Power Aids I have and if after awhile I need to adjust a lot we can look into new ones.

I think I can deal with a few $35 costs throughout the year for now and if my hearing fluctuates too much with the Menieres then I will think of getting new Aids... All in all I am very happy with my choice to leave my other place... All of the people at this office are women.. All so very nice! =))))

Hi all!

Well I had my appointment this morning and it was great! She was very nice! Although with a new Audi comes new hearing tests and I HATE having to have them... But they were about the same as my last tests so that is good (no drop in hearing.)

We had talked over all my options and she thinks that my hearing aids are just fine right now. The only problem is that since I didn't buy mine there all my appointments will cost money. $35 for cleanings and tube changing, basically maintenance... AND if I need them adjusted $75 dollars each time.

I haven't had to have my HAs adjusted for awhile which is good news. She suggested that until I do have to start adjusting them a lot that I stay with these HA's because I have kept them really nice. I told her I only really wanted new HAs so that I didnt have to pay for the cost of service... We agreed to keep the Power Aids I have and if after awhile I need to adjust a lot we can look into new ones.

I think I can deal with a few $35 costs throughout the year for now and if my hearing fluctuates too much with the Menieres then I will think of getting new Aids... All in all I am very happy with my choice to leave my other place... All of the people at this office are women.. All so very nice! =))))

Glad you had a positive experience, Candy! Sounds like these people would be much easier to work with! I hope that proves true as time goes on!!! :)

The audi who sold me the $5K HAs charged me for each thing--cleaning, overpriced parts, etc. Isn't that common practice?

The audi who sold me the $5K HAs charged me for each thing--cleaning, overpriced parts, etc. Isn't that common practice?
My experience has been to have at least a year of "service" with the cost of the aids. After the initial molds (I wear BTEs), I do have to pay for replacement molds (which can be every 9 months). Granted, I haven't needed a lot of "service" after the first few adjustments. If they're not under warranty, then I'd expect to pay for the parts.

You guys have it easy. When I was lugging around hearing aids that were bigger than myself I had to use duct tape and super glue to fix things.

Ah, duct tape, the cure all to end all. :D I don't know what I would do if someone took away my duct tape. :o

If i were to stay with my old Audi, all services are included for the life of the hearing aid.. I got my first set of molds free and I believe the ones after were 75 apiece... so 150 for the pair. But I know other places that only do a year or 2 years of service after you buy them.

AHIP (Association of Hearing Instrument Practioners of Ontario)

AHIP - Home

Their fees are pretty hefty. All of the hearing instrument practioners are required to charge at the dispensing fees imposed by AHIP. I believe they are at least $700 or $750 per hearing aid these days.

AHIP (Association of Hearing Instrument Practioners of Ontario)

AHIP - Home

Their fees are pretty hefty. All of the hearing instrument practioners are required to charge at the dispensing fees imposed by AHIP. I believe they are at least $700 or $750 per hearing aid these days.

Yeah, her dispensing fee covers fitting and what-not.

Candy, If you don't mind me asking,what is your hearing loss? I mean what were the results of the last test? are these ha's helping?

Yeah, her dispensing fee covers fitting and what-not.

The "dispensing" fee is actually the fee imposed by AHIP, not the clinic. If you look carefully at some of the hearing clinics, you may be able to see the AHIP poster with the fees on them.

Candy, If you don't mind me asking,what is your hearing loss? I mean what were the results of the last test? are these ha's helping?

Right Ear:

250hz 80db
500hz 80db
1000hz 80db
2000hz 90db
4000hz 95db
8000hz 95db

Left Ear:

250hz 70db
500hz 70db
1000hz 75db
2000hz 85db
4000hz 85db
8000hz 95db

I have Power Aids and the new Audi said they are doing just fine right now.. Like I said i wanted to get new aids just because I have to keep adjusting them.. I havent in awhile but it will get expensive when I do...

Back