Leaving Starkey and my Audi...

candybrowneyes

Reaction score
As a lot of you know I have been through hell and back with the Audi I currently have. For those of you who don't know here, is a breakdown:

A few years ago when I was having a rapid loss in hearing I didn't know what it was from... A couple months after I was diagnosed with Menieres disease Bi-laterally and my Audi at the time had me in an Open Fit Zon hearing aid from Starkey... $5500 for the set. My hearing had dropped rapidly and my hearing aids were maxed out. I had asked my audi if I was going to need something different because my hearing WAS going to drop. He assured me Id be fine. Which wasn't true. I had another drop in hearing and he did nothing so I went and found another place. I LOVED them, but after 5 months they were closing their doors and had to refer me back to my old place!!!! YES! Horrible! This was after trading in a pair practically new aids for a pair in which I had to pay 3500.00 for.. So, in less than a year I spent about 9000.00 on hearing aids.

The quality of care I get from the current place is null, no follow ups, no nothing... I found a place today that I have an appointment at Thursday. I can't wait to go. I am walking away from the Starkey Brand and My Audi....

Hoping to upgrade the aids I have now and the Audi I spoke to on the phone was really nice and really just wants to help!!

=)

$9,000 in less than a year? mein gott!

$9,000 in less than a year? mein gott!

Yep, that was a couple years ago now. Because it was a different place the owner said he would only give me 30% on the trade in... Sucked :( I was so frustrated back then...

Good luck with your new audi. I hope s/he is as helpful as s/he sounded on the phone.

Wirelessly posted

Yes please give us an update after your appoibtment - all the best with that.

Wirelessly posted

Deleted!!!

Last edited:
Trust no one! (That's a quote from somewhere, but do be cautious.)

Trust no one! (That's a quote from somewhere, but do be cautious.)

Yeah its really tough... Although I told the new Audi my situation and the funny thing was she said to me "I have a feeling I know who you are talking about" I said the name of the company and she said "Yep" I guess I am not the only one that has been screwed over by him =/

Sorry to hear about this. I had a similar experience and another audi said that I got ripped off. It seems pretty common. I hope that you have better luck this time. Look forward to hearing how it goes. :wave:

I'm glad your current audi is working out and I hope this one is a keeper. Let us know how this goes.

hey if you're leaving starkey, you should try some Phonaks, Oticon, whatever
I had the Oticon Safaris ordered including with the streamer (remote control)
but I'm also gonna need new FM boots for them since my audi said the current ones I have now won't fit LOL

lots to choose from dear!

hey if you're leaving starkey, you should try some Phonaks, Oticon, whatever
I had the Oticon Safaris ordered including with the streamer (remote control)
but I'm also gonna need new FM boots for them since my audi said the current ones I have now won't fit LOL

lots to choose from dear!

yeah, she told me on the phone there are better priced hearing aids that are just as good if not better than starkey.. more affordable is good... :)

Wow, that audi got a big paycheck from you and apparently others too. Good that you found another place. I do hope that they are helpful to you.

As a lot of you know I have been through hell and back with the Audi I currently have. For those of you who don't know here, is a breakdown:

A few years ago when I was having a rapid loss in hearing I didn't know what it was from... A couple months after I was diagnosed with Menieres disease Bi-laterally and my Audi at the time had me in an Open Fit Zon hearing aid from Starkey... $5500 for the set. My hearing had dropped rapidly and my hearing aids were maxed out. I had asked my audi if I was going to need something different because my hearing WAS going to drop. He assured me Id be fine. Which wasn't true. I had another drop in hearing and he did nothing so I went and found another place. I LOVED them, but after 5 months they were closing their doors and had to refer me back to my old place!!!! YES! Horrible! This was after trading in a pair practically new aids for a pair in which I had to pay 3500.00 for.. So, in less than a year I spent about 9000.00 on hearing aids.

The quality of care I get from the current place is null, no follow ups, no nothing... I found a place today that I have an appointment at Thursday. I can't wait to go. I am walking away from the Starkey Brand and My Audi....

Hoping to upgrade the aids I have now and the Audi I spoke to on the phone was really nice and really just wants to help!!

=)

WOW!!!! How terrible! I only paid like $1600 for my single HA for my right ear. Granted my audi is excellent and gave me a bit of a discount so keep that in mind.

:shock: :shock:

If you don't mind I'd like to provide my own recommendation - mine is a Unitron 360e and it's the best hearing aid I've ever used (severe/profound loss in my right ear - deaf in the left) after turning off all the auto features and having it act as analog. I've increased normal volume a bit to compensate for the compression and had the thing in the tubing removed (don't recall what you call it - a filter?) It is now the best HA I have ever had and I hope Unitron doesn't stop making it!

Sorry to hear your audiologist stinks and it turned out this way. I hope you find a better one and soon!

Walking Away

Yep, that was a couple years ago now. Because it was a different place the owner said he would only give me 30% on the trade in... Sucked :( I was so frustrated back then...

My friend CBE, wow, you have been thru it. I fully support your decision and I know it takes inner strength to do something as drastic as this. so Good Luck!
and I hope you finally get the attention you deserve. Peace to you my friend.
Try to let go off those frustrations so you enter this new collaboration with
a positive attitude. You are always very professional CBE, and I have seen you handle some "tuff stuff" Smile. I am proud you finally took the step. M♥

I just paid 8500 to my audi...but it was for two aids, the streamer, molds, swim plugs, FM boots, and service for the life of the aids...

Back