Last Movie You Watched?

Another favourite film of mine, which I watched again last week is "Serpico" which is based on a true story. Kevin.

The Lovely Bones

unreal story, moving, good amount of layers of stories, you gotta see it.
it was a film to see as a film, not just a 'genre' but a film, it has everything what more can i say? - its fabulous!
it is definitely going to be one of the film i will remember for a long time...this is how good it is

I read that the Bones movie was very dramatic, good acting but sad, haven't be in the mood for drama lately.

dogmom, is this is the same film? bones or lovely bones, sorry im just a little confused
the lovely bones i saw wasnt really a drama as some people might describe, like half the people who uses this genre term doesnt even know what 'drama' means...seriously im not kidding , but also seriously i think "the Lovely Bones" is an incredible film...

its more an epic 'horror/fantasy' blend...quite a feat in film story telling - i love it

the film I'm thinking of is called "The Lovely Bones" about death of young girl- but now that I'm thinking more about it, I do recall the previews seeming to be more "horror" blend as you describe. When I first thought of it, I remembered someone telling me that it was sad. The layers you mention seem intriguing.

yup, thats the film. Totally worth watching.clique here but, do not miss it!

oh, Grummer , ok , yeah I'll look for it. My mom read the book, have you read it?

oh, Grummer , ok , yeah I'll look for it. My mom read the book, have you read it?

no i havent read it, but i will have a look for the book in the local library but for now till mid June im committed to study!

her majesty's secret services

the vitner's luck

and

Law Abiding Citizen

I watched "The Lovely Bones" on the train home from Chicago yesterday. I did not like it at all. I feel like Peter Jackson butchered an extremely good book and turned it into his own little overly-sentimental interpretation. There are two bright spots: the cinematography of the scenes set in "heaven," which are absolutely stunning, and Stanley Tucci's portrayal of Mr. Harvey. He really turned on the creep factor and made for a convincing murderer.

Still, I felt this movie was a waste of my time. If I had not been on the train with nothing else to do, I would have turned it off.

Last movie I watched on DVD was "Where the Wild Things are" about 2 or 3 weeks ago.
I saw that... my girlfriend and I just sat there thinking, "WTF!?"

She had just read that book with some little kids and was looking forward to seeing the movie to see how it was done.

A big disappointment.

I never saw the original clash of the Titans, but when I was young I thought "The land that time forgot" was really good, I think it starred Doug Mclure and Patrick Wayne. We used to have a film night at school. Kevin.
In the original version, Pegasus is white. Also, the special effects were done differently too.

My dad saw the recent version and thought the original version was better.

So, either he's old-fashioned... or the recent version wasn't really that good.

I'll wait until it comes out on DVD. :)

Last movie I watch was an real old one called 'The Mountain' with Spencer Tracy! It was on a tape , I was glad it had CC on it! I love old movies and I really like the old black and white ones! There are no special effects or very little , so the actors and actresses have to do all the acting themselves and be good at it!

Last movie I think I saw was Superman Return... on dvd that is... have some DVD movies in my stuff closet that I need to check out when I am in need of some good relaxation times.. hehe

I watched "Brothers" and thought it was really good even though it made me cry.

I just watched the trailer for "Brothers" for a second , and it does look like sad movie! I did not want to watch a lot as I will want to see rent the movie.

oh, another "Karate Kid"... didn't know it was coming out :hmm: I'd be interested. I wanted to see the "Dragon" movie as it seemed kind of fun.
yeah the animals in Avatar were neat, I liked how it showed the different behaviors and aspects of them

I heard Will Smith's son is playing the role of the Karate Kid.

Back