Last Movie You Watched?

Charlie & Boots (Australian film)
Crank 2
Sniper: 23 days of fear in Washington D.C

Forrest Gump

Sherlock with my wife, my daughter and her boyfriend.

We all liked it.

Swedish flick.

Thriller: A Cruel Picture.

For a cult classic that is reputed with being one of the '70s pioneers in uncensored cinema, this movie bores the heck out of me. I think I fell asleep three times.

Zzzzzzzzzzz....

Definitely not for little kids, or even teenagers.

Swedish flick.

For a cult classic that is reputed with being one of the '70s pioneers in uncensored cinema, this movie bores the heck out of me. I think I fell asleep three times.

Zzzzzzzzzzz....

How's that compared to A Clockwork Orange?

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 3.1; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Last night I watched Back to the Future and Lord of the Rings.

How's that compared to A Clockwork Orange?

A Clockwork Orange is awesome, but while it stirred up a lot of controversies... it's not really the same kind of issues being addressed since it's a satire.

Thriller
got a bit of controversy because it had on-scene hardcore sex scenes and it's even rumoured that the director used a cadaver donated for a scene in the movie. Plus it touched on prostitution of both heterosexuality and homosexuality (since there's a lesbian client) and heroin addiction. Got the most boring revenge-murder plot halfway through. Ended with a pretty ... um, graphic torture scene. The whole thing felt weird since the pacing wasn't consistent so it ended up being "weirdly boring" to me, if I can borrow a phrase from someone.

Both stirred up a lot of controversies, but one is a satire and the other is an exploitation film.

Swedish flick.

Zzzzzzzzzzz....

Beg to differ
Thriller/They Call Her One Eye is IMO wonderful exploration film which easily on a par with Wes Craven's Last House on the Left and various other 'Revenge' films from the early 70's. One Eye inspired Elle Driver's character from Kill Bill. The movie has a huge cult following and is appreciated by many, including Tarantino, obviously.

I met Lindberg last year at Cinema Wasteland in Cleveland - Drove 6 hours! Cinema Wasteland was her first CON appearance, so I couldn't let a such once in a lifetime opportunity pass. I'm not for sure if she has appeared at any other conventions in the states or will ever. And yes, I got a Thriller poster signed. Woot :)

burning.jpg

The Burning (1981)
Decided to download this bad-boy earlier tonight and I'm in love with it.
Obviously it was made not long after the original Friday the 13th but it's definitely in no way a rip-off.
The body count is way high. Solid amount of T&A. Kill scenes are enjoyable and somewhat vicious. Tolerably err... dare I say likable characters. Tons of familiar faces (Brian Backer of Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Fisher Stevens of A Sure Thing).
Overall a wonderfully fun, slasher film with a lot of 'familiar' faces.

My only beef is the makeup for Crosby (The villian) looks like shit!

Trailer:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzPWiBV42og]YouTube - The Burning - theatrical trailer.[/ame]

Drag me to hell - shit movie
Beautiful Kate - A very good movie (Australian film)

A Clockwork Orange?

Few times, I met actor from "A Clockwork Orange" for short time. The same guy who played as Darth Vadar in Star Wars. His name is David Prowse.

He still remember me that I met him at different place. We have wonderful chat.

Just got home from the cinemas - saw avatar again, but this time in 2D with CC :)

Back