Lack of love life

Raging Quiet

Reaction score
Im depressed! Men never seem to fancy me, at deaf pub tonight everyone was all coupled up and only a few singles there. The guy I like doesn't know I fancy him cos Im too shy and I can't flirt!

Just wanted to let it out, sorry about that

Aw honey, I know how you feel. Like you, I'm shy too and can't seem to let men know I fancy them or whatnot.

You're a very attractive woman...perhaps these men feel you're not approachable cos you don't make first move. Men are shy too but we tend to forget that.

It sucks to have no love life but you got to take some risks. Like telling your gfs to fix you up, etc.

Hugs!

Meg said:
Aw honey, I know how you feel. Like you, I'm shy too and can't seem to let men know I fancy them or whatnot.

You're a very attractive woman...perhaps these men feel you're not approachable cos you don't make first move. Men are shy too but we tend to forget that.

It sucks to have no love life but you got to take some risks. Like telling your gfs to fix you up, etc.

Hugs!

You're shy, Meg? Your avatar picture and "Don't mess with me!" statement doesn't seem shy to me at all. I just was surprised. Thought I wud give u some ribbin' about it...smile! I used to be very shy when I was younger, still am, but much less shy today. I used to blush whenever a guy I liked smile at me when I was teenager. I couldn't think of what to say to him. It would take me some time to build up courage to start conversation and keep it going with him. So, I know how Raging Quiet feels. Maybe RQ can start conversation about what's happening with her and ask him some questions, and just let him talk? And if RQ is interested in him, she can keep tuned in with what he was talking about to show him that she was interested in him.
I find that it works most of time.

Maybe you should ask some of these available single men on AllDeaf Forum...

Let me go first!!!!!

HEY MEN, GIVE ME LOVE, will ya? PM me if ya wanna date me, I AM HOT STUFF and HORNY!!!!!

:fly:

Thanks for your helpful advice, I will try and gather up some courage! I think my problem is that I tend to hide behind my more outgoing friends and let them talk etc

Raging Quiet said:
Thanks for your helpful advice, I will try and gather up some courage! I think my problem is that I tend to hide behind my more outgoing friends and let them talk etc

That is what I do too! Grrrr...not easy to do that! But do ask your friends to help set you up on dates. They will be more than happy to help you out!

Peachy, yes, Im a very shy woman despite my avatar! It is easier to hide behind a monitor than try to hide my red blushing face :)

Meg said:
That is what I do too! Grrrr...not easy to do that! But do ask your friends to help set you up on dates. They will be more than happy to help you out!

well that what happen to Amber Frey, her friend set her up with a murderer, Scott Peterson...

eek, :ugh:

Miss*Pinocchio said:
well that what happen to Amber Frey, her friend set her up with a murderer, Scott Peterson...

eek, :ugh:

MissP...I suggest that you start thinking POSITIVE for a change. That situation is rare - will happen like in 1 in 5,000,000. Use tact and that would help! :roll:

Please do not ruin this for RagingQ.

aww, try to relax and focus on the situation. Perhaps have a pint of ale and bring up a subject that you like to talk about. Do you know what this guy likes? for instance, if he likes cars. You could ask him questions about cars. Just relax and act like yourself. Guys like women who are real not a hypocrite. Good luck!!

sorry, what I was trying to say....

is Marriage :deal: and Sex are overrated.

It is like buying expensive red wine
and caviar...
for romantic purpose...
but really caviar tastes salty
and red wine tastes bitter...

If men give ya hard times, then forget them. :roll:
Go on and have a good time being single. :cheers:

Raging Quiet said:
Im depressed! Men never seem to fancy me, at deaf pub tonight everyone was all coupled up and only a few singles there. The guy I like doesn't know I fancy him cos Im too shy and I can't flirt!

Just wanted to let it out, sorry about that

i am a "little" shy when it comes to men... i like it when THEY make the first moves.. BUT it doesn't always work that way :roll: ... if it wasn't for a close friend of mine who "PERSUADED/PERSISTED" (without giving up! sheesh! :squint: ) me to contact/meet an old friend of hers... i wouldn't be dating him :D...

WE BOTH THANK HER FOR PUSHING ME TO "MAKE THE FIRST MOVE" because he is VERY SHY! :lol:

Whoohooo, FeistyChick! You owe her gratitude for rest of your life heh. Sometimes we need to be pushed by friends who know us well cos our shyness gets in the way and miss opportunities!

MissP, love/romance isn't overrated. Its always nice to find a wonderful man but it is important that we want love, not need love.

Raging Quiet,

HINT:

*drop something next to him
*drop your pen and then pick it up and ask around if that is his or not ( to start conversation)
*find someone that knows him and start asking that person about him like if he was married, children, ( possible that person might let him know)
*if he is sitting at the bar, sit next to him and order something and look around slowly and SMILE at him

there are few other things you could do to get attention :lol:

FeistyChick :hug: Katzie

In my case, I'm severely shy :roll: but everyone loves me when I get half drunk. :roll: What can I do?! LOL You're not the only RagingQuiet, but mahhh gewdness you're gorgeous! Stand up straight, chin up and be proud! Show 'em what you got! I don't mean this and this. :giggle: You go girl!!

same my gf was very shy when we met in first person last dec, later she is not shy anymore but sometime she does shy.. need break habit shyness.. but take ur time..

Miss*Pinocchio said:

Let me go first!!!!!

HEY MEN, GIVE ME LOVE, will ya? PM me if ya wanna date me, I AM HOT STUFF and HORNY!!!!!

:lol: Get a vibrator, Miss P. You truly need one. :laugh2:

why not try the internet? or use this forum?

such as, I am looking for man who don't smoke, don't drink alcohol,
love to cook, love to travel, start off as friends and then go into serious
relationships, have less friends and willing to spend more time with me, and good communication, understanding.....

Miss*Pinocchio said:

Let me go first!!!!!

uh... :ugh: *runs away*

Miss*Pinocchio said:
why not try the internet? or use this forum?

such as, I am looking for man who don't smoke, don't drink alcohol,
love to cook, love to travel, start off as friends and then go into serious
relationships, have less friends and willing to spend more time with me, and good communication, understanding.....
I don't smoke. I don't drink. I like to cook...well even though I'm not too good at that. I like to travel, start off as friends and then decide if I really love her or not and would proably spend more time with her as much as possible and yes, would even be very understanding and open minded.

But I'm not so sure if you are the right girl for me, Miss P.

:ugh: sorry...besides you like like what? 10 years older than me? lol

Yes, the men are shy too (often)... Important, the women will up courage to start a conversation. Hehe....
I think, for all the men are interesting, if a woman get to start a conversation. Don't forgot it, the men are shy often too....
And I am a man too....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back