Labor Day 2014

ChicagoBlue2

Veteran Traveler
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow is Labor Day. What are your plans? I'll be shopping, and possibly making a trip to Michigan Ave. What about you?

unfortunately for me.. I work on labor day lol cuz I don't work much hours but at least I need the holiday pay ;)

unfortunately for me.. I work on labor day lol cuz I don't work much hours but at least I need the holiday pay ;)

A bunch of places are gonna be closed tomorrow, but one of the few that won't be is Jewel, and they might have sales tomorrow, so it'd be an ideal time to go. As for Michigan Ave, not yet decided, because of the Sunday/Holiday schedule that stays in effect tomorrow.

I have a super busy week coming up. I think tomorrow I will take hubby out on a lunch date, maybe go to the mall after.

if it's warm, i'd like to go for a swim. other than that, no plans.

One of the best for years and years! Awesome weekend, couldnt ask for more. Well... I could if it werent for my long time injury.

Being next to civil war era cannon, its unbelieveable sonic boom. I was litarally next to it. Actuay about 8 or so feet sideway.

One of the best for years and years! Awesome weekend, couldnt ask for more. Well... I could if it werent for my long time injury.

Being next to civil war era cannon, its unbelieveable sonic boom. I was litarally next to it. Actuay about 8 or so feet sideway.

That just reminded me of a certain scene in Without a Trace in which Agent Malone fired one, and blew something up. My favorite scene of all time.

A bunch of places are gonna be closed tomorrow, but one of the few that won't be is Jewel, and they might have sales tomorrow, so it'd be an ideal time to go. As for Michigan Ave, not yet decided, because of the Sunday/Holiday schedule that stays in effect tomorrow.

not the mall it was open on labor day but I had Cinnabon coffee.. so u thought alot of places will be closed.. yeah right compared to memorial day weekend.. :roll:

not the mall it was open on labor day but I had Cinnabon coffee.. so u thought alot of places will be closed.. yeah right compared to memorial day weekend.. :roll:

Locally there were some businesses that were closed on Labor Day.... schools and the Public Library were a couple, but CPS just started the school year yesterday, so there is that. However, I did see a few small businesses open, but some had plans to close earlier than usual, because I did see signs announcing they would be closing early.

TCS had to work, and I had school work to do. TCS grilled cheeseburgers for us between his jobs. Later, he bought the oak flooring we need for our remodeling (Labor Day sale, yay!), and stacked it in the living room to acclimate.

Back