LA Police in YOUTUBE beating film

Nobody is paying attention to why the criminal is breaking the law in the first place and we really should be questioning why the criminal is breaking the law in the first place.

Cops have a hard enough of a job given the current political climate and I support the police officers through the good, the bad and the ugly political climate.

Once you know what it is like to be a victim of a violent crime. You will have the full support and the backing of the tough, hard working cops.

You will have no longer any interest in supporting the criminal's rights nor to give the criminals any sympathy at all !!!!!

I am serious, I support the cops period. :cool:

Yes, being Deaf I went through that with cops too but I also understand cops have a job to do and I am talking about normal police duties but that is sick having a cop get a homofag to suck his dick that is very sick. I have actually seen a prostiute woman suck a cop's dick so she would not be in trouble.

What I am saying is cops should not get punished for doing their job in the course of their normal duties. Catching criminals is always a very dangerous and an extremely serious business. If that is what it takes to beat the shit out of a criminal then so be it because in the future that criminal will stay home and not want to commit any more crimes lest he should get his ass kicked the shit out of him with tough sentence at court with a judge who does not give a fuck about criminal's rights because the judge and the cops are 100 % on the victim's side and support victim's rights.

You would be shocked to find out how way too many politically correct courts actually support criminals and never really support or recongize the victim's rights so .......

Fuck any criminal's rights. Miranda rights is really a piece of politically correct bullshit. It is really a license for more criminals to commit crimes with the Miranda rights being read. It is really a fucking sad joke. That is how I feel so in that respect, I support cops fighting crime really vicious, tough and brutal the way crimefighting is supposed to be. Not some piece of politically correct bullshit !!!!!!! :pissed: :madfawk:

I dont know how its being discussed that you aren't an asshole. The fucking sad joke is not that a cop was gross for hitting on a 'homofag' [what will you be calling us next mr antipc?] but that he abused someone with that behavior, and yes, cops force themselves on prostitutes all the time, if you're curious, look up the story of Norma Jean Almodovar. How can you support victim's rights without supporting victims of cops themselves?!

Well... ok...

Please don't give an fuck to Lilly's dad since he's police officer.

If you don't commit crime then you will be fine.

Going back to the youtube tape, explain to me how you see this small segment of video and automatically assume the cop is in the wrong?
Please comment on your opinion of this tape and the way it was shown to the public. Where is the rest of it? Why dont we see anymore of it? Could it possibly be that you do not see it because if you do, you will see that the cop was not in the wrong?
Do me a favor, stop and think about this. remove your emotion and bias. Why have you only been shown a small segment of the video? If this was truely a case of excessive force, why would they not show the entire incident?
Even if they do not have the incident from beginning to end, they definately have more than what they are showing. You see this time and time again in incidents where people accuse the police of excessive force.
When the police are 100% in the wrong from beginning to end, you know the news shows the entire tape. Think back to the rodney king beating, how much video did you see? Damn near all of it. Why? Because the overall video painted a clear picture of the events that unfolded. If you do not have a clear picture of the police looking bad, simply remove everything that made the cops look like they were just doing their job, and VOILA! You create a crroked cop on video.

It is true that video can be twisted. Ironically, the defense for the cops in the Rodney King beating would only allow the video footage to be played in slow motion, an act that effectively removed the brutality of the policemen's violent attack...

Well... ok...

Please don't give an fuck to Lilly's dad since he's police officer.

If you don't commit crime then you will be fine.

I didnt swear at Lilys dad, I was mimicking Heath's language. And no, I don't think Lily's Dad shouldn't be sworn at because he's a police officer but because he's a reasonably polite person and no reasonably polite person deserves to be sworn at just because one might disagree with them.

I dont know how its being discussed that you aren't an asshole. The fucking sad joke is not that a cop was gross for hitting on a 'homofag' [what will you be calling us next mr antipc?] but that he abused someone with that behavior, and yes, cops force themselves on prostitutes all the time, if you're curious, look up the story of Norma Jean Almodovar. How can you support victim's rights without supporting victims of cops themselves?!

Did you not see that I said that I have seen a street prostitute woman performing oral sex on a police officer. I know that kind of thing goes on. Where is your mind at ?

You are missing the entire point.

WHY ARE YOU NOT QUESTIONING WHY THE CRIMINALS BROKE THE LAW IN THE FIRST PLACE. IT WAS NOT THE POLICE OFFICER'S DOINGS. IT WAS THE CRIMINAL'S OWN DOINGS THAT BROUGHT THE LONG ARM OF THE LAW ON THE CRIMINAL PERIOD. THAT IS THE POINT !!!!! TOO FUCKING BAD FOR THE CRIMINAL !!!!! AND GOOD FOR ALL OF US INCLUDING THE POLICE TOO !!!!! GOOD !!!!!!

Heath, Thank you.
Op-eratorly, As far as the Rodney king tape being played in slow motion, why do you say that is done so it does not look as brutal? Could it be that it was slowed down to show that the asshole was not complying? If memory serves, the officers were kind of standing around him. Maybe they had to slow it down so you could see between officers where king was kicking or punching. If he had officers between him and the camera, at normal speed, you would have a very hard time seeing that? Im not saying that this was the case. The fact remains that you were not there, you were not in the court room when that video was shown nor did you hear the explaination of why the tape was slowed down. It sounds like you heard kings lawyer make that statement and it sounded good to you.
"It is true that video can be twisted" then if you accept this, why are you so quick to believe that the cops are in the wrong? You have onyl seens a fraction of what really happened?
As far as the corrupt cops you talk about, I have never said those things did not happen. You take the actions of a very, very small number of individuals, and assume that all are the same.
And when you make statements that imply that all cops are like this, yes you do include me in that group.
I have told you that I can count the amount of crooked cops I have encountered on one hand. While I have met literally tens of thousands of cops. Yet you imply that they all and I are corrupt because a few idiots take advantage of their position.
Most here are forming opinios of police corruption on the media. That and by word of mouth. They have almost no experience with the topic. They see a partial truth and take it as the gospel. Then when the cop is cleared of any wrong doing, the media never does the necessary follow up to say that. So people just hear one side of a story, and assume the cop was wrong because they never heard the fact the cop was cleared. This falls into what I was also saying earlier. People need to THINK.
Here is another example of the media showing the entire video when a cop is flat out in the wrong.
Several years ago there was a foot pursuit in Texas. If I remember correctly, it was a texas ranger that was chasing a shooting or homocide suspect in which a cop was the victim. The cop was chasing a guy through the woods and a news helicopter was above, the cop did not see it. Anyway, it showed the bad guy stop running, turn around and raise his hands, obviously surrendering. The cop ran up to him, stopped, raised his gun and shot him in the face, killing him. It was very obvious that the cop just executed the guy. They showed the whole several minute video on the news, unedited. Why, because it painted a very clear picture of a cop killing a guy.
Example 2, here in St.Louis earlier this year. The vehicle pursuit in which a guy bailed out of a stolen car after a prusuit in which he tried to run over a cop. After he bailed, he ran and was caught. After being caught, he took a good ass whoopin. The whole incident, on video from a news helicopter. Did this incident look bad, Oh yes. I know one of the officers involved. There were two cops on top of the guy. One was trying to cuff the guy whil another was punching him repeatedly in the face. Sounds firmiliar huh? BEsides the guy taking a good ass whopoin by the cops, what was the common denominator. In this case, and the youtube one, one cop was tring to cuff someone that didnt want to be cuffed after fleein gfrom a cop in a stolen car. The other cop punching him in the face. Is punching someone in the face politically correct, no, but it works. It is a very effective way of getting someone to stop fighting. And contrary to popular belief, once you start resisting arrest, we will not consider you to be no longer resisting until you are hand cuffed. Until you are cuffed, you are not controlled. Remember, it is not in a cops job description to have to fight people. There is nothing in any police special orders that tell a cop that they HAVE to fight. It si the bad guy that creates that scenario. Once the fight starts, my main goal is to go home in the same configuration that I left in. If I have to kick someones ass to do it. OK, If I have to kill someone to ensure that I can go home at the end of the day to my family, you can bet your ass that I will do it.

Yeah.. and my brother in law is a cop here also. so he explained to me about all of this so I could understand more. And I come from a family of military, police, law enforments. So I know how it works. You got that right!

Heath, Thank you.
Op-eratorly, As far as the Rodney king tape being played in slow motion, why do you say that is done so it does not look as brutal? Could it be that it was slowed down to show that the asshole was not complying? If memory serves, the officers were kind of standing around him. Maybe they had to slow it down so you could see between officers where king was kicking or punching. If he had officers between him and the camera, at normal speed, you would have a very hard time seeing that? Im not saying that this was the case. The fact remains that you were not there, you were not in the court room when that video was shown nor did you hear the explaination of why the tape was slowed down. It sounds like you heard kings lawyer make that statement and it sounded good to you.
"It is true that video can be twisted" then if you accept this, why are you so quick to believe that the cops are in the wrong? You have onyl seens a fraction of what really happened?
As far as the corrupt cops you talk about, I have never said those things did not happen. You take the actions of a very, very small number of individuals, and assume that all are the same.
And when you make statements that imply that all cops are like this, yes you do include me in that group.
I have told you that I can count the amount of crooked cops I have encountered on one hand. While I have met literally tens of thousands of cops. Yet you imply that they all and I are corrupt because a few idiots take advantage of their position.
Most here are forming opinios of police corruption on the media. That and by word of mouth. They have almost no experience with the topic. They see a partial truth and take it as the gospel. Then when the cop is cleared of any wrong doing, the media never does the necessary follow up to say that. So people just hear one side of a story, and assume the cop was wrong because they never heard the fact the cop was cleared. This falls into what I was also saying earlier. People need to THINK.
Here is another example of the media showing the entire video when a cop is flat out in the wrong.
Several years ago there was a foot pursuit in Texas. If I remember correctly, it was a texas ranger that was chasing a shooting or homocide suspect in which a cop was the victim. The cop was chasing a guy through the woods and a news helicopter was above, the cop did not see it. Anyway, it showed the bad guy stop running, turn around and raise his hands, obviously surrendering. The cop ran up to him, stopped, raised his gun and shot him in the face, killing him. It was very obvious that the cop just executed the guy. They showed the whole several minute video on the news, unedited. Why, because it painted a very clear picture of a cop killing a guy.
Example 2, here in St.Louis earlier this year. The vehicle pursuit in which a guy bailed out of a stolen car after a prusuit in which he tried to run over a cop. After he bailed, he ran and was caught. After being caught, he took a good ass whoopin. The whole incident, on video from a news helicopter. Did this incident look bad, Oh yes. I know one of the officers involved. There were two cops on top of the guy. One was trying to cuff the guy whil another was punching him repeatedly in the face. Sounds firmiliar huh? BEsides the guy taking a good ass whopoin by the cops, what was the common denominator. In this case, and the youtube one, one cop was tring to cuff someone that didnt want to be cuffed after fleein gfrom a cop in a stolen car. The other cop punching him in the face. Is punching someone in the face politically correct, no, but it works. It is a very effective way of getting someone to stop fighting. And contrary to popular belief, once you start resisting arrest, we will not consider you to be no longer resisting until you are hand cuffed. Until you are cuffed, you are not controlled. Remember, it is not in a cops job description to have to fight people. There is nothing in any police special orders that tell a cop that they HAVE to fight. It si the bad guy that creates that scenario. Once the fight starts, my main goal is to go home in the same configuration that I left in. If I have to kick someones ass to do it. OK, If I have to kill someone to ensure that I can go home at the end of the day to my family, you can bet your ass that I will do it.

If there's no cops here.. who the hell is gonna protect us??????? NOBODY and for all we could know is that we could have bene beated or killed!!!!!!!! :pissed:

These people are not to be played with period! :iough:

Operatorally, " I for one, do not tolerate that kind of treatment of the deaf and see nothing wrong with telling any hearing people who call deaf people retards, that this is discrimination. "

Discrimination- treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit: racial and religious intolerance and discrimination.

definition provided by dicitonary.com.

So it is not acceptable to discriminate against the deaf, but it is ok to discriminate agaist cops? Wow, that makes sense.

Hypocrite-

–noun 1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Hmm, makes ya wonder? Why is it OK to make wild unsubstantiated negative statemtns about cops, but not deaf people?

Lilly's dad, Did you got my #63 post?

Lillys dad,

Show me where cops are being discriminated by the deaf people here? Show me where we labeled cops? All some of us said was there are some bad cops out there. Please do not try to our twisted words, this is not about YOU!. Why are you taking it so personal? so hostile? getting so pissed off? Sheesh

I'm bowling out of this thread, again I don't want to post where some get so uptight over a discussion at hand. Good luck to you. :)

Pacman, yes I did, thanks.
Cheri, Discrimination- treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit: racial and religious intolerance and discrimination

you and others have said some very negative things about cops, only because they are cops. That falls under the definiton of discrimimation. I am a cop. When you say the generalizations about cops, you are in fact saying that about me.
Before I started to speak my peace here, there were alot of very negative generalizations about cops being said.

Operatoarallys statements about deaf people being called retarded by a few ppeople are the same as this. Are there some mentally retarded people that are deaf? Sure. are all of them? no.
Are there some cops that are bad, corrupt, crooked? Yes are all of them? No
He said he was tired of people discriminating against deaf people. While I too will not tolerate discrimination of deaf, I also will not toletate discrimination of cops.

I come from a long line of law enforcement and military family from generation after generation and I will go to bat for a police officer or somebody in the military anytime period.

I also have had many very bad news people try to threaten, beat up or murder me and those people would scare the hell out you and these people do not scare me anymore because I am not scared of dying neither am I scared of going face to face with very pure evil people and stopping them.

I lost the fear of dying a long time ago and once somebody has been past that point and has lost all fear then they are very dangerous and not to be messed with. That is because so many inhumane things have happened to me in my life that I don't care anymore but I am smart enough to know that I am not gonna end my life at the convience of these bloodythristy asshole criminals also I do not believe in suicide so I go on living my life day to day, night to night which is something not too many people can say especially when there are so many very vicious people that want to murder me because I have helped police officers in the past on so many different things and I have stopped many bad men from commiting crimes that could have ended up killing somebody and they are so, so very angry, seething with rage that I stopped them that they would not even think twice about killing me and then the next mintune they are eating their dinner.

I have abosoutely no hesitiation when it comes to self defense because I understand that is survival period. This is not from the movies. This is from real life experience and be thankful you do not live in a kill or be killed world like I do.

Pacman, yes I did, thanks.
Cheri, Discrimination- treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit: racial and religious intolerance and discrimination

you and others have said some very negative things about cops, only because they are cops. That falls under the definiton of discrimimation. I am a cop. When you say the generalizations about cops, you are in fact saying that about me.
Before I started to speak my peace here, there were alot of very negative generalizations about cops being said.

Operatoarallys statements about deaf people being called retarded by a few ppeople are the same as this. Are there some mentally retarded people that are deaf? Sure. are all of them? no.
Are there some cops that are bad, corrupt, crooked? Yes are all of them? No
He said he was tired of people discriminating against deaf people. While I too will not tolerate discrimination of deaf, I also will not toletate discrimination of cops.

Sure, Your welcome.

I understand about your comment that work at police.

I cannot believe it could even be suggested that 4 officers had to kick the crap out of Rodney King because it was necessary. And actually it was the officers' lawyers who forced the video to be shown slow mo, and its interesting that they wouldn't let it be shown in any other way at all.

As for discrimination, I don't discriminate against cops as a class as much as I am critical of power endowed upon them which is systematically abused. Also, when it comes to issues of discrimination, I do not believe in the liberal idea that discrimination is abstract, I care about power dynamics.
An example of this would be hearing and deaf folks. No, I don't agree with deaf folks who suggest that all hearing people are deceptive and bad, [ocasionally I have seen cases where callers have said this] but I also recognize that if a deaf person resents the hearing, they do not have the same level of social power that a hearing person who hates the deaf would have. Police have power over others, therefore I just do not buy the idea that they are oppressed by a population that doesn't trust them based on previous experience.
Again, I don't think anyone is getting the INSTITUTIONAL aspect of my argument. Policing as an institution is a problem, not the fact that we have police departments, but the fact that the ones we do have are institutionally corrupt. Critiquing a public institution is not the same as labeling a class of people because police aren't a class. They are simply representatives of our systems of policing, which are more accountable because not only do we pay them, but we also entrust them to protect us.
Police are supposed to follow guidelines and reflect their communities reasonably. The same goes for teachers, social services courts and doctors; anyone working in these fields should be challenged if they exhibit racist behavior.
I certainly think anyone who reacts to the racist nature of policing by physically attacking individual officers is appalling. Nor do I suggest we eradicate police forces. I just think we need a massive anti-racist overhaul [not to be confused with political correctness] and that police who commit crimes on the job need to be punished like anyone else would. At the moment they are not. They are often sent home for paid leave when they commit crimes, or moved to a desk job etc.
I also think perhaps Heath needs a chill pill. You might be a homophobe who doesn't support my human rights but you don't see me yelling at you in capitals...

I supplied two more incidents where an entire incident was recorded by the media. But you still refer to Rodney. IS this the only case you are aware of?
Discrimination is discrimination. I dont care if you say it is against the "Institution". Inside the institution are people. So when you make these remarks, you make them abou tme, my friend, coworkers, people I have had to atttend their funerals, those that have saved my life, literally. So when you say they are corrupt, I say you are full of shit and you have no clue what you are talkiing about.
It is very easy to sit back and judge ma and mine. Once again, I compare this to the deaf society. It gets real old when someone assumes things abou ta group of people when they know nothing about them. "deaf people are retarded" compared to "Cops are racist". I fail to see the difference. Nothing you can possibly say will make me see it any other way than I curently do. I still see you as a person that is bised, ignorant, and discriminatory.

Cheri, reread the post from the beginning. There are some very bias negative remarks made abou tcops in general. Try this, re read them, but where it says cop, police or anything like that, switch it with deaf person, or deaf peolpe. Please do that and let me know you opinion.

Pacman, while I thank you for a one of your posts, you too have said some screwed up things about cops. Reread your posts in the beginning of this thread. Do what I suggested, replace cop with deaf person. Let me know what ya think about making all of those comments abou tdeaf poeple.

I wanted to post something for you guys to think because I am part of the police officer's family even though I do not know who he is at all. He is my brother in arms and I have family who are police officers.

Officer Peter A. Grignon of the Louisville Metro Police Department, in Kentucky, was shot and killed in the line of duty. Someone took pictures and added Garth Brooks' song, "The Dance", and added it to the video. VERY GOOD

YouTube - Officer Peter Alan Grignon Memorial

Back