L.A. riots: Good Samaritan remembers his scary truck-driver rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The opinion around here..." Whose opinion is that? Certainly not mine.

BTW, why do you always uppercase Black and lowercase white? In journalism, we call that a style inconsistency. What do you call it?

Might be a superiority complex issue?

Oh man,I remember that day and the victim...very gruelsome.. I flew to Chicago that yr in summer to see the Cubs play... nothing happened.. I was only 15.

"The opinion around here..." Whose opinion is that? Certainly not mine.

BTW, why do you always uppercase Black and lowercase white? In journalism, we call that a style inconsistency. What do you call it?

Because Black is a racial ID and white is just a description. Caucasion is a racial ID.

“Black” is also accepted by many Black people as an inoffensive description. It is a generalized description and can be supplemented by another description such as Black Canadian, Black African American, Nigerian American or Black Latino. However, many Black people describe themselves simply as being “Black,” and this reality is reflected in a body of literature, music and academic study.

I do not believe “white” needs to be capitalized because people in the white majority don’t think of themselves in that way. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with this–it’s just how it is. The exception is white supremacists who have a definite vision for what “white” means

Why the 'B' in 'Black' Is Capitalized at DiversityInc | DiversityInc - Cultural Diversity - Diversity Management - Workplace Diversity - Workforce Diversity

Because Black is a racial ID and white is just a description. Caucasion is a racial ID.

African American is a racial ID, black is a description. It is also a color, just like red and yellow. I am part Native American, but I am not called a red.

Theresa Heinz Kerry is an African American who is the wife of Sen. John Kerry who ran for president. She was born in Africa.

And then you have people born in Egypt living in the U.S. as U.S citizens are African Americans. People born in South Africa who were the white farmers there moved to the U.S are African Americans. Heck, anybody born in Africa and becomes a U.S. citizen is technically an African American.

Oh well.

Theresa Heinz Kerry is an African American who is the wife of Sen. John Kerry who ran for president. She was born in Africa.

And then you have people born in Egypt living in the U.S. as U.S citizens are African Americans. People born in South Africa who were the white farmers there moved to the U.S are African Americans. Heck, anybody born in Africa and becomes a U.S. citizen is technically an African American.

Oh well.

What does that have to do with anything?

Oh, so you refute the fact that black, yellow and red are colors?

What about green?

Black isn't a color. It is the absence of light. Gotta have light to make a color. But we aren't talking about a color wheel. We are talking about people and their racial ID.

Green isn't a racial ID, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back