L.A. riots: Good Samaritan remembers his scary truck-driver rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.
where exactly in the report did it say that? please tell me the page number.

certainly - here you go (this is the Christopher Commission's update introduction on page 1):
The highly publicized beating of Rodney King by Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) officers in March 1991 and the riots in Los Angeles following the acquittal of the officers graphically demonstrated the increasingly wide gulf and growing antagonism between law enforcement agencies and minority communities in the Los Angeles area. In response to the Rodney King beating, an independent commission headed by Warren Christopher was formed to "examine any aspect of the law enforcement structure in Los Angeles that might cause or contribute to the problem of excessive force."1 A similar commission led by special counsel James Kolts was appointed to conduct a review of the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department (LASD) in the wake of a number of shootings of minorities by LASD deputies. The Kolts Commission was directed to examine "the policies, practices, and procedures of the Sheriff's Department, including recruitment, training, job performance and evaluation, record keeping and management practices, as they relate to allegations of excessive force, the community sensitivity of deputies and the Department's citizen complaint procedure."2

The Christopher Commission report on the LAPD found serious deficiencies in the department, including a significant number of officers who repetitively misuse force, inadequate supervisory and management attention to the misuse of force, racism and bias within the department, an organizational culture that emphasizes crime control over crime prevention, deficient handling of citizen complaints, and a lack of accountability on the part of the chief.3 The commission made numerous recommendations for improvement in the areas of recruitment, training, monitoring, discipline, and complaint processing. Like the Christopher Commission, the Kolts Commission discovered a department with too many officers who resorted to the use of excessive force, an inadequate disciplinary system, deficient supervision, and inattention to the needs and desires of the community.4 The commission recommended reforms in citizen complaint processing, improvements in the disciplinary system, implementation of an early warning system to monitor use of force, increased recruitment to diversify the force, and modifications in the canine policy.

so do I. you're making a mockery out of this and you're wasting my time.

no I have not heard of them. what about them?

that's precisely what this fact-finding investigation was for. since then, LAPD was monitored by federal oversight and several leading experts were hired by LA/LAPD to create training courses and policy to ensure that it will not happen again.

btw - I'm confused. a rhetoric that caused a large angry mob to nearly destroy LA? what rhetoric? wasn't LA riot caused by officers' acquittal?

That was just the introduction ....

LA CHAPTER 1

No, the LA riots were caused by hateful racial rhetoric. Why were stores looted? Why were people beaten, killed, and maimed specifically for being white? People who had absolutely nothing at all to do with the Rodney King verdict?

Because of hateful racial rhetoric ... that's why.

specifically what hateful racial rhetoric is it?

Do you not see how you are twisting facts around? Officer Koon and Officer Powell were attacked while apprehending a criminal while in performance of their duties - they were not rioters targetting people of a specific race that were OBEYING THE LAW, then dragging them out of their vehicles to bash their brains in specifically because of the color of their skin.

Quite a distinct difference you seem to be having trouble grasping.

You seem to have trouble grasping what peer-reviewed papers and statistics are explaining to you. Re-read it. It backed up my statements. every action has reason. why did Officer Powell and Sergeant Koon go too far?

LAPD even had a federal oversight... and that was under GWB. Apparently, GWB agreed with Christopher Commission's finding and some recommendations.

He just posts more anti-Dem, anti-Liberal, anti-Obama stuff to remind us of his stoic views.

Before my point gets lost in the shuffle, I was pointing out the Cato Institute's research on affirmative action to show how it is perilous to fight racism with racism.

specifically what hateful racial rhetoric is it?

Were you able to do any digging on Rev. Mac Jones? How his organization claimed white supremacists were burning black churches all over the south?

Can you find one?

Before my point gets lost in the shuffle, I was pointing out the Cato Institute's research on affirmative action to show how it is perilous to fight racism with racism.

here's a point I'm trying to tell you - it isn't the biggest solution. and it didn't say LAPD was racist. and it didn't identify that the culprit of the problem was racism. looks like you didn't read any of sources I've given you.

and all you've given me is a bunch of unrelated sources and not even a single peer-reviewed source.

here's a point I'm trying to tell you - it isn't the biggest solution. and it didn't say LAPD was racist. and it didn't identify that the culprit of the problem was racism. looks like you didn't read any of sources I've given you.

and all you've given me is a bunch of unrelated sources and not even a single peer-reviewed source.

I think he is saying the white LAPD officers were not racist, but the black rioters were racist.

I think he is saying the white LAPD officers were not racist, but the black rioters were racist.

Well .... here is a question to ponder .... would the LAPD officers, involved in the Rodney King beating, been deemed "racist" if Rodney King had NOT been violating any laws and had NOT attacked the officers who were attempting to apprehend him? :hmm:

Would the beatdown have happened anyway if Rodney King had been white?

Probably .... And yes, the Christopher Commission update most certainly implements affirmative action as well as deemed the entire LAPD as having had rampant racism and bias within its ranks.

Maybe that is true for some people, but since it hasn't been peer reviewed, it just shows bias.

The link Jiro posted was a democrat party report. They championed it. They passed it through the house.

It was not unbiased. That was my whole point.

How?

What is name of law that Democratic Party championed and passed in the house? What years?

Republican Party controlled the house from Jan 3, 1995 until Jan 3, 2007.

No, the LA riots were caused by hateful racial rhetoric. Why were stores looted? Why were people beaten, killed, and maimed specifically for being white? People who had absolutely nothing at all to do with the Rodney King verdict?

It can not be ascertain 100% but everyone can figure out that had the officers been black and King white in the same situation the white citizens would not have rioted.

This is the problem, the Commission focus on LAPD because higher-ups requested "experts" to do a report but where the hell were these same higher-ups when it came to what cause the riot? Guess they did not need a report to tell them the obvious answer.

No, it is due to racial injustice.

It can not be ascertain 100% but everyone can figure out that had the officers been black and King white in the same situation the white citizens would not have rioted.

This is the problem, the Commission focus on LAPD because higher-ups requested "experts" to do a report but where the hell were these same higher-ups when it came to what cause the riot? Guess they did not need a report to tell them the obvious answer.

Why are you care about race? I feel that your post is racist.

No, it is due to racial injustice.

Why are you care about race? I feel that your post is racist.

The Christopher Commission report is about race, that is obvious.
I've said it is flawed and so did Naisho.

Here is another one for you, Foxac, know that NoName Yale researcher in a previous post? Here are questions he/she totally missed.

1) If a white officer is on patrol in at totally non-white area and pulls over a non-white driver, with cause, if this counted as racist. Don't blame the white officer because he was assigned to that location. The math gets screwed.

2) Where is the account of ALL LAPD officers giving drivers of their own race a free pass? Is this considered racist? To me it is. This also screws up the math.

3) What if a patrol car has a black AND white officer unit and pulls over, with cause, a non-white-non-black driver. How is that listed on this report?

4) Now about a Asian officer? Most certainly each and every time this LAPD officer pulls over, with cause, any driver it is going to be a driver of another race. Did this Yale person try to figure our if the Asian officer pulled over more of one race than another race? Screwed the math without an answer.

I seriously doubt this NoName researcher thought of these questions. Therefore, another flawed report with screwed up math. I guess they don't teach logic at Yale.

The Christopher Commission report is about race, that is obvious.
I've said it is flawed and so did Naisho.

Here is another one for you, Foxac, know that NoName Yale researcher in a previous post? Here are questions he/she totally missed.

1) If a white officer is on patrol in at totally non-white area and pulls over a non-white driver, with cause, if this counted as racist. Don't blame the white officer because he was assigned to that location. The math gets screwed.

2) Where is the account of ALL LAPD officers giving drivers of their own race a free pass? Is this considered racist? To me it is. This also screws up the math.

3) What if a patrol car has a black AND white officer unit and pulls over, with cause, a non-white-non-black driver. How is that listed on this report?

4) Now about a Asian officer? Most certainly each and every time this LAPD officer pulls over, with cause, any driver it is going to be a driver of another race. Did this Yale person try to figure our if the Asian officer pulled over more of one race than another race? Screwed the math without an answer.

I seriously doubt this NoName researcher thought of these questions. Therefore, another flawed report with screwed up math. I guess they don't teach logic at Yale.

Well, Christopher Commission was set in 20 years ago after police beating of Rodney King. It is uncommon for people to do research about police treatment based on race color.

Black people had deal with government mistreatment for many years. Do you remember about Scottsboro Boys? They were in trial with all white jury and they weren't got a fair trial so our state governor pardoned those boys in 1976. All of LAPD police that involve beating of Rodney King had 10 white, 1 latino and Asian jurists so I feel this trial is unfair. The government mistreatment on race colors have worsen our society and it is uncommon for minorities to commit a crime, even majority of prison are minorities. Minorities are treated as double standard and I notice that police usually send black teens to jail for minor offense but sent white teens to home for same minor offense.

I'm getting tired of government mistreatment and time for us to improve the Civil Rights to ensure that minorities are fair treated as majority does.

I may have failed to explain that there were very outspoken "pot stirrers" before the LA riots. A good example can be seen (again) during the Trayvon/Zimmerman incident where race became a very significant factor for these very outspoken and misleading propagandists of race baiting. They want people to be angry. They want people to factor in race (even when it isn't a factor).

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/18149699/3-nbc-employees-lose-jobs-due-to-martin-reports

3 NBC employees lose jobs due to Martin reports

I also listed some names of organizations that intentionally stirred the whole race hate pot by distributing blatantly false information to the public about church fires being set by white supremacists in the South.

I don't understand why any organization would "cry wolf" like that.

Now, I am not saying that race is not a factor in all scenarios. I don't want to be misunderstood in those regards (as I have been misunderstood, rather intentionally or ignorantly by yet another outspoken AD member in this thread - not gonna point fingers but it should be quite obvious). ;)

Last edited:
that's why we have laws, department policy, and training for police officers so that they don't succumb to their primal violence otherwise.... they too will have to pay for it as criminals do.

criminals do not think and they make series of poor judgment. that's why they're criminals and they will go to jail for it. police officers should not do same and they should know better than criminals.

http://www.alldeaf.com/current-even...pper-suspected-shoplifting-5.html#post1637254

:wave:

http://www.alldeaf.com/current-even...pper-suspected-shoplifting-5.html#post1641705

oh my .... I shouldn't have ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back