Kim Jong II is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
you are avoiding my simple question. Does Kennan report directly to Truman?

Truman wasn't the President during Vietnam War.

but hey in the end.... it turned out to be ok. Are you sure that you prefer that Americans should not get involved with Koreans?

Do you not realize that South Korea is America's most powerful and vital ally in Asian hemisphere - in fact.... the only one? and that Koreans were Americans' #1 most vital ally and asset in Vietnam War? and that Korea is more of America's best friend than British because we never burned down White House and we never engaged in war with America? and that Korea was the boon of significant technological advancement that benefits America like Samsung?

oh and kimchi?

You are all over the map with this one.

Did Truman utilize Kennan's containment policy? Why yes, he did. Did he ignore Kennan's protests when Kennan explained he never intended for his containment policy to include militarization to contain communism? He felt it would be stupid to do so.

Was Vietnam a by product of a misread Kennan containment policy? Why yes, it was.

edit to add: Was there any military action when Germany reunified?

You are all over the map with this one.

Did Truman utilize Kennan's containment policy?

why don't we answer my question first?

Does Kennan report directly to Truman?

Who would want to take over North Korea? It's worthless little country, period. Too much poverty, dead cities, etc. Even the major city looks dead even tho there is about 3 million people living there. South Korea rocks.

Who would want to take over North Korea? It's worthless little country, period. Too much poverty, dead cities, etc. Even the major city looks dead even tho there is about 3 million people living there. South Korea rocks.

well - North Korea has a powerful military. South Korea has a powerful economy. combine both.... what do you get?

:eek3:

well - North Korea has a powerful military. South Korea has a powerful economy. combine both.... what do you get?

:eek3:

If North Korea isn't too mean, then they will work together to trade and get better peace. They stay where they are and protect their own country. South Korea can get military and North Korea can get the economy.

24 million population and decrease slow, while they're about 14cm short than South Korea during lacking nutrient. :giggle:

Can hardly wait for the next Saturday Night Live. :giggle:

If North Korea isn't too mean, then they will work together to trade and get better peace. They stay where they are and protect their own country. South Korea can get military and North Korea can get the economy.

That is not going to happen!

ah! so does this mean you were wrong in your previous post where you said Truman ignored Kennan?

I'm wondering why are you refusing to answer my question if Kennan reported directly to Truman. I think we both know why - you were wrong. and misguided. :dunno2:

I think you actually need to do a little bit more reading before you debate this with me ;)

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Hawk-Dove-George-Kennan-History/dp/0805081429]Amazon.com: The Hawk and the Dove: Paul Nitze, George Kennan, and the History of the Cold War (9780805081428): Nicholas Thompson: Books[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back