Kids Turned Away From Church....

Status
Not open for further replies.
God is perfect. His verbatim is absolute and perfect. Why change it?

yea sounds like quantity over quality.

exactly. this is what happens when a man translates the original Bible. what a mess... bloody mess....

there you go. that's why it's so widely misunderstood. what a waste.

educated followers that is.

Your odds are not as good! You got the first statement correct. God is perfect! One out of five aint so great!

what? you should know that "original" means original. just because a person translated old Spanish folklore into English doesn't mean it's exactly same. The meaning and essence are lost in translation.

If Quran was originally written in Arabic language, then a follower/scholar should learn Arabic language to read the original religious text because it's the true verbatim of God.

For starters the Bible isn't old Spanish folklore! And more importantly according to the way you think and speak if you find a Quran in English or any other language besides Arabic then it has been translated. And also according to you not the original and it cannot be trusted!:hmm:

For starters the Bible isn't old Spanish folklore! And more importantly according to the way you think and speak if you find a Quran in English or any other language besides Arabic then it has been translated. And also according to you not the original and it cannot be trusted!:hmm:

Hey Airportcop, did you know the Quran is made, in part, of the Old Testament? Meaning, a lot of the Quran's original language is not even Arabic; it's the same language as the Old Testament's.

:hmm: quite the conundrum we have here. Yes, quite the conundrum.

Hey Airportcop, did you know the Quran is made, in part, of the Old Testament? Meaning, a lot of the Quran's original language is not even Arabic; it's the same language as the Old Testament's.

:hmm: quite the conundrum we have here. Yes, quite the conundrum.

That doesn't make it true and accurate. I don't read the Quran either. I'm not Muslim!

*groan*
*pop some TUMS and drinking Peptide*

thank you for reinforcing stereotypical image of religious simpleton. derp.

um... if you were to follow my line of argument.... then this is what you should have said - New Testament is full of errors.

Ok, if you wish to say that then because the foundation of the Quran is based on the New Treatment and you say the N.T.is full of errors it follows that the Quran is also full of errors.

Look at it this way both the ORIGINALS of the O.T., most of the N.T. and Quran do not exist. So there is no possible way to say what they originally said. Nor is it possible to say that what we read today is faithful 100% to the originals. So the points are invalid.

Ok, if you wish to say that then because the foundation of the Quran is maxed on the New Treatment and you say the N.T.is full of errors it follows that the Quran is also full of errors.

Look at it this way both the ORIGINALS of the O.T., most of the N.T. and Quran do not exist. So there is no possible way to say what they originally said. Nor is out possible to say that what we read today is faithful 100% to the originals. So the points are invalid.

yes the points are invalid because you have made dozens of erroneous narratives. try again. you can do it! convince me that there's some hope in humanity.

There is not any because we all die someday. What happens after death is up to you and every individual.

There is not any because we all die someday. What happens after death is up to you and ever individual.

typical. rolling out of this thread so soon when logic defies you? :wave:

That doesn't make it true and accurate. I don't read the Quran either. I'm not Muslim!

You do know Christianity, Judaism and Islam all inherited and share Abrahamic religious roots, as outlined in the Old Testament? They all believe in Abraham and Moses, they all believe in Paradise (Heaven) after death, they all espouse the same values as described in the Old Testament, from honouring thy mother and father to avoiding eating pork and alcohol, well, not the Christians, who also differ in that they believe in the Holy Trinity, Islam and Judaism only believe in one God. Christians also differ in that they practice idolatry.

Point is, they all share the same religious heritage from Abraham.

You have way more in common with Jews and Moslems than you think. Especially if you are a Christian.

You do know Christianity, Judaism and Islam all inherited and share Abrahamic religious roots, as outlined in the Old Testament? They all believe in Abraham and Moses, they all believe in Paradise (Heaven) after death, they all espouse the same values as described in the Old Testament, from honouring thy mother and father to avoiding eating pork and alcohol, well, not the Christians, who also differ in that they believe in the Holy Trinity, Islam and Judaism only believe in one God. Christians also differ in that they practice idolatry.

You have way more in common with Jews and Moslems than you think. Especially if you are a Christian.

Sounds like you are speaking of Gilgamesh, among other things. Yep.

Some have been.

The best translations go back to the sources and make their translations from those rather than translating translations.

They had time travel??? :eek3:

I'm not going to comment on Judaism or Islam because I don't belong to those religions.

However, I am a Christian so I'm entitled to speak about Christianity.

I'm not sure what you mean by "believe in" Abraham and Moses. I believe what the Bible says about them. I don't believe in them the way I believe in Jesus.

The Trinity is one God. The Trinity is One.

As a Christian, I don't practice idolatry.

Gosh, as a Theology and Sem. student, I just don't even know where to start with various comments on this thread.

YIKES :(

Can you explain what you mean by Christians practicing idolatry? Idolatry is a sin so therefore based on that alone most Christians would not practice idolatry. Some fall in to sin due to idolatry but most certainly do not practice idolatry! Christians also only believe in one God!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back