Just train pictures and train stories

ChicagoBlue2

Veteran Traveler
Premium Member
The underbelly of the CTA Red and Purple Line Express tracks:

The tracks above me lead to Howard, and Wilmette, IL (Purple Line Local, after Howard). The tracks to my right are the outbound Red and Purple Line Express tracks to 95th/Dan Ryan and the Loop. The Purple Line Express only runs during rush hours on M-F, and terminates at Howard on weekends.

ChicagoBlue2

Veteran Traveler
Premium Member
The 10:15 PM Metra just prior to arrival:

That train was still at Rogers Park when the picture was taken.

ChicagoBlue2

Veteran Traveler
Premium Member
Which picture, specifically?

And National Train Day this year is May 9th. I'm determined to make it to this one this year after missing out on last year's.

caz12

it big train on tracks going through market crowded and hundred holding on to the engine scary...anyone who got phobia about level crossing like me would not cope..think it was green and only engine and town shot I would say india or somewhere like that

ChicagoBlue2

Veteran Traveler
Premium Member
it big train on tracks going through market crowded and hundred holding on to the engine scary...anyone who got phobia about level crossing like me would not cope..think it was green and only engine and town shot I would say india or somewhere like that
Ah, I know what you're talking about. One minute.

ChicagoBlue2

Veteran Traveler
Premium Member
The Jackson Red Line subway station:

The Red Line has a few stations that looks similar to Jackson.

caz12

there another train go across Australia somewhere in the out back it stops and one of carriages turns to shop it stays there 24hors I think....I sure this is Australia and not imagination

ChicagoBlue2

Veteran Traveler
Premium Member
Skokie Swift pedestrian railroad crossing:

Quad crossing on Skokie Swift, the only one the CTA has:

ChicagoBlue2

Veteran Traveler
Premium Member
My recent photos of the Red, Purple, Yellow, and Brown Lines at Belmont, Addision, Sheridan, Oakton, and Skokie:

Enjoy!!

ChicagoBlue2

Veteran Traveler
Premium Member
Metra pedestrian crossings in action:

Taken at Park Ridge and Jefferson Park.

Train signs and stations at Des Plaines, Park Ridge, and Jefferson Park:

Enjoy!!

caz12

wish I could put pic up of Euro tunnel train it really something to see when whizzing out of London as soon as I got hang of camera I will do it