Just found out

Sasha64

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I just recently found out that I have inherited my father's cardiac disease so now will have to change my lifestyle to make sure my heart is healthy. It was a huge shock to recieve this news but now Im more prepared to make some changes earlier unlike my other family members.

There is a history of heart disease in my family and some of them have died early but with my dad he is still alive but is very ill at the moment. He in fact outlived all his family members who have had the heart disease.

I will continue living in a positive ways and wont let things let me down because of it.

Oh wow! That's scary! I am really sorry for your news. Important u know now than later and can make some changes. Hang in there! :)

i am sorry sasha i do have heart diease and got it from my dad too

i have try to change my lifestyle like get out of my family life it s getting stressed for me

Sasha,

Be positive at least you can live a better and healthier life with a change in lifestyle. Don't give up and keep the faith.

I agree with Oceanblue7 here, stay positive hon, and hope everything works out the best in the furture for you....

And I'm sorry to hear about this too... :hug:

Hi everyone

I just recently found out that I have inherited my father's cardiac disease so now will have to change my lifestyle to make sure my heart is healthy. It was a huge shock to recieve this news but now Im more prepared to make some changes earlier unlike my other family members.

There is a history of heart disease in my family and some of them have died early but with my dad he is still alive but is very ill at the moment. He in fact outlived all his family members who have had the heart disease.

I will continue living in a positive ways and wont let things let me down because of it.

On the bright side, you know you can do something to reduce the impact of the disease before it take a toll on your body.

While it's bad news, but it's also good news that you now know that you can reduce the impact by changing your eating and exercising habits. It may seems like a hard thing to do, but once it become a habit, it shouldn't be a problem.

Usually, it take around 6 to 12 weeks to turn it into a daily routine without going back. People often give up after 6 to 8 weeks.

Do your best to change your lifestyle for the better. May the best be with you.

Yeow, Sasha That must've been hard on you when you got to hear about this and I sure do hope you would hang in there for the long run because you got so much to live for.

On the other hand, it's great you got this news in order to change for the better of your lifestyle for the heart, with that alone, you could be living much longer with the proper care, so and on. :hug:

Still, I'm sorry to hear about that but do have faith and courage. ;)

Thanks everybody

Of course it not gonna be an easy way but I have to do it for my sake as I do have alot in my life that I dont want to let go because I do love my life alot and Im gonna think of the positives. Like you guys said it is good news that I got it earlier and can do something about it and not be too late to change it as Im still young at heart. I definitely wont be giving up. :)

REally appreciated yur loving support and comments which will boost my confidence alot more. Many thanks.

Sasha, I'm sorry you have this medical problem but the good news is that you found out early while you still have a chance to improve your health and lifespan.

I wish the best for you in the changes that you need to make. :hug:

Awww sorry to hear Sasha6!! Hopfully ya don't have to many problems. It's a hard thing to go through in life I'm sure. You'll always be in my thoughts & prayers.

I am sorry to hear about it. You need some lifestye change. Yoou are lucky indeed.

Better you find out now than remain in ignorance until it's too late.
Keep your chin up and try and make the challenges you're currently facing somewhat more fun so you can enjoy life to the fullest, and ensure your heart stays healthy.

Sasha64, sorry to hear that you have inherited your father's cardiac disease. Good thing you know about it now and not later, could be too late by then. Best thing to do is stay healthy and eat the right foods. Going for a good walk is a good idea too which is good for your heart and also going to a gym too is a good thing.

My father pass away from a heart disease many years ago. I was born with a hole in one of my heart valve and I had an operation when I was 4 yrs old to correct it. Since then, I still have a slight murmur. Few months ago, I had my heart checked up and it found that one of my valve is getting weak. That could be something to do with inheriting my father's heart disease. Now my Dr has told me to loose some weight and do regular exercise which I am doing now by going to a gym to keep myself fit as well as losing some weight.

I am pretty much in the same boat as you. All you can do is do your best with your lifestyle changes and take good care of what you eat & drinks. You can do it. :hug:

Sasha..ya aint the only one with heart disease history..I do have heart disease as well as my dad did... so it will be an issue for me soon what with everything that has happened to my parents... I might inquire at the doc's office soon for a complete checkup or so...

That's good that you're thinking positive.

Everyone has a different life regardless of their family history.

Sometimes, they say that you will have problems cuz your family has problems.

Maybe, it's true.

Maybe, it isn't.

Just think about your own life and how you want to live it.l

Keep positive and think about future bright for you will deserved stored it..

you'll be fine and adapt your newest lifestyle and healthier foods goes for you interest... Keep your chin up!

Like Everyone who truly cares you and stay firm carry your faith.

I regret to hear about your hereditary heart disease. I do have a history of early heart disease in my father's side. My dad had his first heart attack when he was my age. Later, he had another heart attack seven years later and had a triple bypass surgery. Also, my dad's mother passed away of massive heart attack at 64. Her mother (my great grandmother) passed away of heart attack, too... 3 generations!! :eek3:

Several years ago, my doctor told me to lose lot of my weight and do regular exercise to lower my heart disease risk. As result, I had lost about 50 pounds and now I am pretty fit.. I do bicycling and jogging two or three times a week around a lake near my house. Plus, I became a vegetarian several months ago for health reason.

So, try to stay positive and change to a healthy lifestyle as you can.:fingersx:

Hi everyone

My family on my moms side have history of heart diseases so I know how you feel. My sister is only 33 yrs old and already have congestive heart failure. (she found out she had it when she was 26 yrs old after the birth of her daughter Jace) My grandma died from Congestive Heart failure at age of 84. My grandpa died of heart attack at age of 71. My aunt Helen died of heart disease and she was only 56. I had heart murmur when i was 2 yrs old.. My brother have heart murmur. My niece have heart murmur too. I dont know about my dad's side family.. i will ask mom about that and see if she know..

I have been trying to lose weight and trying to stay active and be fit so i can live longer and be strong. it can be hard but with love and support from my husband i know i can do well on this! He love to excerises and take walks. (my fav thing to do.. yayay!~ :) )

Back