Just found out today....

rockin'robin

Reaction score
For those of us that remember Hoichi....he's almost Blind and learning Braille. Prayers!

Yes, Hoichi and I are friend as well, I'm saddened that Hoichi almost went full blind, but he seems not too upset because he asked us to help and support him in various Deafblind groups. I do believe that he will adapt to life change due to vision issue, so same goes to me - low vision due to limited visual field. 90 degrees may be not bad, but I missed 50% of information and the accident was very common without white cane, even I got cut when passed the side with sharp blade because I didn't see so white cane provides limited degree but not far side. Most full DB usually depends on SSP if they want to shopping to reduce the accidents and cuts.

For members who dislike Hoichi due to problems in the past, he isn't same as you saw before anymore, he is very nice and friendly man, but he is protective of Deaf and DB culture, but not aggressive as y'all saw before, so just let agree to disagree if y'all debate over Deaf issues, even no difference with politics and religion.

My prayers as he goes forward on this journey...Same as for you, "Moo" (Foxrac)...Not an easy task and the emotional and emotions must be horrific and epic....
I, too, have had 2 eye surgeries and Implants in each eye. My vision is much better tho'....no disease or Usher's....Very careful with my eyes....
And just saying...no matter who you are, or what you have done...and whether you like him or not, he deserves our prayers and support. Thank You.

I've always appreciated that he did not follow the crowd. Bright and determined to speak his version of truth, I enjoyed reading his words. I know he's still active, as I see him in another online group.

Seriously? That is your pearl of wisdom for this situation? You should have just thumbed on past this thread, instead of revealing yourself as compassion-less and cruel.

Man, take a chill pill! LMAO I like the guy, we have an insane sense of humor to address each other. Don’t get your panties in a wad and succumb to false assumptions.

All the best Hoichi!

Man, take a chill pill! LMAO I like the guy, we have an insane sense of humor to address each other. Don’t get your panties in a wad and succumb to false assumptions.
No pill needed. Not everyone knows what you do, or who you know. But I wasn't going to assume you liked the guy when all I saw was your 3 words. Try giving people a "sarcasm alert" or something. I'm sure I wasn't alone with the assumptions, but I'm the one that called you out on it.

No pill needed. Not everyone knows what you do, or who you know. But I wasn't going to assume you liked the guy when all I saw was your 3 words. Try giving people a "sarcasm alert" or something. I'm sure I wasn't alone with the assumptions, but I'm the one that called you out on it.

It was especially understood that it was already known it was an amusing line from no responses. Pretty premature to call someone out if you don’t know them? It’s out now, glad to make your acquaintance on the wrong foot.

It was especially understood that it was already known it was an amusing line from no responses. Pretty premature to call someone out if you don’t know them? It’s out now, glad to make your acquaintance on the wrong foot.

Alright, not everyone knows Hoichi here and since the OP made the news about AD member here... It'd be more appropriate to show some decency here and show some thoughts and prayers out of respect for him.

Thank you for understanding. :)

Just because I didn’t post doesn’t mean that I didn’t take your post as being rude. You can’t assume everyone liked/accepted your post as you intended it just because they didn’t call you out in it.

Hey, we know Hoichi. I am sorry to learn of his downturn, but he will adapt.
I mean, the bigger the circus, the more he knows. :)

That sucks. I wish Hoochie the best. I have a fear of going blind while deaf. Terrible.

Back