Just a thought

Lillys dad

Reaction score
The other day, I was thinking aboutthe whole buy american crowd with cars. Will they/youi buy a chrysler, dodge, jeep car? After all these labels are owned by Diamler. This is a german company. Now, these labels are the same as Nissan, Toyota, and so on, that are forieng owned comapines that build their cars in the US?

The other day, I was thinking aboutthe whole buy american crowd with cars. Will they/youi buy a chrysler, dodge, jeep car? After all these labels are owned by Diamler. This is a german company. Now, these labels are the same as Nissan, Toyota, and so on, that are forieng owned comapines that build their cars in the US?
Interesting. I bet a lot of people that buy so called American cars are not even aware that most of what is manufactured for a particular car is not even done in America. In fact, some of the American cars are only assembled in America. Alot of manufacturers are outsourcing to other countries where the labor is cheaper. I really wonder if there is a current vehicle that is completly American in that all parts are manufactured here, all raw materials are from America and the car is assembled here. I would bet that there isn't but I would defer to others that might know for a fact.

If there is an all American car left, I don't know of it. Hell, even Harley motorcycles are not American. The entire front end/fork assembly is Japanese. Showa forks, Nissin brake calipers, I think Showa also makes the fuel injectors also.
What I find interesting abou tthe buy american crowd is the hypocrisy. I drive a Nissan Frontier truck. Sure the name Nissan is Japanese, but the vehicle is built in Tennesse. So by buying a "Japanese truck" I am helping to employ american workers. But by buying a chevy , built in Mexiceo by mexican workers, I am somehow supporting americans?
As said in other threads, I ride a triumph motorcycle. It is a british bike. The alternator and computer was made in japan. But everything else is stricly british. So my british bike has less japanese parts than an american motorcycle. In fact, a friend of mine use to work in a harley factory. When he first started there, his job was to remove "made in japan" and 'Made in China" sticker and labels from products, and replace them with "made in america" logos.

Ford motor company and Indian motorcycles, I think are a few of the last american mades. If not, well there's always classic cars like GT-350s (they're better than 500s imo.) Pontiac firebird formula 400 H.O's and such. (two of my favorite classic cars.)

Dark half, I think Ford builds several cars in Mexice. And as fas as Indian is concerned. They went out of business again (for the third time) two years ago.
There really is no "American car" anymore. The world is a very small place nowdays.

I see... You know, as years go by I get more and more dissapointed in things. Tis a pity =/

I see... You know, as years go by I get more and more dissapointed in things. Tis a pity =/
Yes... Tis a pity but Tis also a sign of the times. The only constant is change. I served this country in the military and consider myself as American as an American can be. I still take crap from my friends though when I buy a Nissan or a Kawasaki. They act as though I am a trader or something. In many cases, the foreign automobile is superior in quality and usually costs less. Nissan does at least assemble thier cars in the USA thus keeping some jobs here. None of the American automakers can consider any of their cars to be American made and built. It has not been that way for probably over a decade. You would be surprised though at how many people don't realize that.

Back