Jury rules against Minn. mom in download case

cdaigle430

Reaction score
Okay, I agree she did a bad thing but come on-1.9 million dollar fine? I 've seen alot hyprocrites claim that she got what she deserves but I'm certain that just about everyone has illegal coppied software on their computers wether you realize it or not. All she did was share, she didn't sell or make money from them. The music industry is out of control-if they want to keep consumers buying and not sharing music illegaly they need to bring down the cost. I know, they claim the high cost is to pay for lawyers and security devices and loss from piracy but someone needs to start somewhere. It's getting to the point where we will all be afraid to sneeze for fear of being sued. Yes she did a bad thing but lets be more realistic on the punishment here.

Jury rules against Minn. mom in download case
A replay of the nation's only file-sharing case to go to trial has ended with the same result, finding a Minnesota woman to have violated music copyrights and ordering her to pay.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31432024/from/ET/

Good grief!...1.9 mil fine?....She'll be singing...."I've been working on the railroad....all my live long days"!

Thing is her family will be responsible for paying the rest of the fine after she dies or is no longer able to work. There is no way she is going to be able to pay that fine. Someone here was trying to shoot heads off in this trial.

That's why I get all of my music from iTunes, this way I know the music is legal and free of hidden viruses and worms that can download with the .mp3 file. If I get music from another source other than iTunes, it is because the music is not available on iTunes, so I usually go to YouTube download the video then record the audio track into my laptop at a low quality file which then converts to an .aac file which goes on the iPod, the music is kept to myself, I don't share the music with anyone else.

Back