Judge Blocks Mississippi Law That Allowed Religious Discrimination Against Lgbt People

I read the link but I'm still not clear about the decision.

Churches, synagogues, religious organizations, etc., still have the right to refuse weddings, membership, and employment, right?

religions should be allowed to do what they wish in their own rules, without me a non believer showing up and telling them what to do, with their religion..i'm a buddhsit, and i wouldnt show up to a msoque and demand they marry me to my my pet gold fish...or what ever my issue is. and when they say no!! make some hell and fury crusade about, .id rather just go found my own religion, get rich, live the good life and have my cult followers spread my ideas..(scratches chin...thinking....thinking.....)
im not a muslem or a christian for that matter, so what the hell do i care what they do as long as they don't run around raping dogs or lopping heads off whats it matter?...it works like that for anything in my eyes really
freedom rolls like that...

I read the link but I'm still not clear about the decision.

Churches, synagogues, religious organizations, etc., still have the right to refuse weddings, membership, and employment, right?

That's correct but lawmakers passed this law to show their sympathic to anti-gay and make their constituents happy so this law serve no purpose because Mississippi doesn't have anti-discrimination laws to protect LGBT.

Mississippi government is just want to damage the LGBT communities, even their law serve no purpose.

Without this laws, all businesses are free to discriminate against LGBT whatever they pleasure to do it because in fact, Mississippi doesn't have anti-discrimination laws that cover on LGBT.

That's not make any sense.

Does this mean I can force a Muslim baker to make me ham sandwiches in the shape of Mohammad?

Does this mean I can force a Muslim baker to make me ham sandwiches in the shape of Mohammad?
Bakers don't usually make sandwiches, and I doubt a Muslim would have any ham on the premises, and no one knows what Mohammad looked like, so probably no.

But I get your drift.

Ham is product, not human.

Gay wedding cake is product so if it is not available or offered so no cake for gay wedding, but bakers don't have to turn gay customers away for order different cake like birthday with Mickey Mouse's face on it.

No.
but you could always feed em one...

He could buy ham meats from Walmart and add to sandwich.

or don't bother to ask them, anyway so I'm sure that he rather to eat at Firehouse Sub or Subway.

Bakers don't usually make sandwiches, and I doubt a Muslim would have any ham on the premises, and no one knows what Mohammad looked like, so probably no.

But I get your drift.

He has go to Dearborn in Michigan to make happen like that - majority Muslim city.

Although, most Muslim people oppose to gay marriage, even worse than Christianity.

I've been there but we didn't stop to eat.

Muslims oppose gay people living.

First, alright. That all I think about only Muslim majority city in US.

Second, that's correct however, liberal Muslims usually support gay people, you won't find many liberal Muslims anywhere, even not in Turkey nor in Middle East and North Africa.

but... many liberal Muslims abandoned their religion, that's not uncommon.

but... many liberal Muslims abandoned their religion, that's not uncommon.

ahh... not quite... I am sure there are some Muslims who follow their religion but still have the compassion to not hate LGBT people... and some are LGBT themselves.

I don't think it's as common as you think.

ahh... not quite... I am sure there are some Muslims who follow their religion but still have the compassion to not hate LGBT people... and some are LGBT themselves.

I don't think it's as common as you think.

Are you sure that I'm not WDYS, j/k.

If Muslims follow their religion and not regressive oppose to gay people, or have the compassion to not hate gay people so they are moderate.

I learned that many Muslims abandoned their religion after arrived in Europe and they could eat various foods like pork products and support western culture, but abandoning the religion is against Islam, I believe so.

Maybe not so much as abandoning it but redefining it. Every religion at one time or another has been redefined. Thing is there's 1.6 million (or billion...?) Muslims. Most are not radical- it's a very tiny percentage.

I'll stop there before we get further as religion is a topic best not discussed on forum. Our viewpoints are going to be different there.

Maybe not so much as abandoning it but redefining it. Every religion at one time or another has been redefined. Thing is there's 1.6 million (or billion...?) Muslims. Most are not radical- it's a very tiny percentage.

I'll stop there before we get further as religion is a topic best not discussed on forum. Our viewpoints are going to be different there.

Okay, I don't see most Muslims are radical but many of them are religious conservatives (socially).

The difference is, it's not just individual Muslims killing gay people; it's government sanctioned and supported--that is, it's legal to kill them in some Muslim countries, such as Iran and Saudi Arabia.

http://www.advocate.com/world/2016/5/27/12-countries-will-kill-you-being-lgbt

Yes, that's correct.

In some countries with majority Christian like Uganda, gay people could be sentenced to life in prison.

Africa (except South Africa) and Middle East (except Isarel and possibly Lebanon) are dangerous place for LGBT people to traveling, also Russia could be very unwelcoming, even worse than Mississippi.

Yes, that's correct.

In some countries with majority Christian like Uganda, gay people could be sentenced to life in prison.

Africa (except South Africa) and Middle East (except Isarel and possibly Lebanon) are dangerous place for LGBT people to traveling, also Russia could be very unwelcoming, even worse than Mississippi.

and so that makes it all ok then...

as long as we can show others doing bad then we can accept Muslims doing bad...

ok
cool
guess thats what the christians say in uganda...when challenged on their bullshit.
"well lin sudai arabia they do...."

What are you means?

For me, it is NOT okay to criminalize the homosexuality, period.

I won't visit countries that criminalize the homosexuality.

and so that makes it all ok then...

as long as we can show others doing bad then we can accept Muslims doing bad...

ok
cool
guess thats what the christians say in uganda...when challenged on their bullshit.
"well lin sudai arabia they do...."

Back