Jiffy lube scam caught on tape!

The car in question was a 1992 V-6 MPV. We sold that one and bought a 2003 MPV to replace it. I've done all the repairs on this one.
I check labor time for your ex-MPV, valve cover gaskets replacement take 2.2 hours that much close to 3 hour, cost around $200ish in old time. Today is around $400ish.

I check labor time for your ex-MPV, valve cover gaskets replacement take 2.2 hours that much close to 3 hour, cost around $200ish in old time. Today is around $400ish.
I looked up when we had the work done and it was in 2001, so yeh, the guy hosed us.

Reading stuff like this makes me so so happy I have car mechanic friends. I don't trust retail (body shop/service) mechanics.

Maybe you can trust certified ASE MASTER technicians. Master techs can be honest with customers but one problem is service writers. I'm a certified ASE master technician for more than 25 years. I've seen young certified ASE technicians who are specialized in brakes, often they sell more brake jobs that the vehicles doesn't need brake jobs, bad technicians. I'm sorry for deafies who are victims of the automotive repair scams.

Back