Jean, ladies?

sallylou

Potterhead and Janeite
Premium Member
Reaction score
My trusty Levis are frayed and tattered. Where should I shop for new blue jeans? I have low rise and boot cut now. Is that terribly dated? I don't want to be a fashion disaster-- a what-not-to-wear candidate. :hmm:

I used to buy jeans from Victorias Secret but they have changes their styles, which are too fitted for me. I want a little breathing room. :giggle:

Any advice or tips will be greatly appreciated. TIA! :ty:

I always wear normal rise or high rise as opposed to low rise because I'm so long waisted that I risk exposing my butt to others if I wear low rise and even some normal rise jeans are tricky for me to wear.

A couple of springs ago, cropped pants were very in and it's a big fashion no-no for me for 2 reasons, I'm short and they make my already stubby legs look even stubbier. I don't follow trends that are unflattering to me.

The only suggestion that I can think of is to have jeans custom made.. Tight fitted jeans seem to be all the rage now.

I do not follow the trend. I am country, and wear regular old boot cut jeans.

I never was into flairs, skinny jeans, low cut...etc. I just love the old fashion Wranglers!! :)

Especially nice and tight on a cute guy!! :naughty: Yee Haw!!

Don't wear jeanes much any more....but I did love Levi's. Now I'm wearing bermuda shorts most all the time, along with cullotes, very comfortable.

I do not follow the trend. I am country, and wear regular old boot cut jeans.

I never was into flairs, skinny jeans, low cut...etc. I just love the old fashion Wranglers!! :)

Especially nice and tight on a cute guy!! :naughty: Yee Haw!!

Normally, I wear either straight or boot cut jeans/ pants and skinny knit leggings with tunics. Baggy pants or wide legs are out for me. I'm also not into tattered jeans these days.

Last edited:
I just took my kids clothes shopping. Kohl, and Sears have a large selection of Levis for all ages, and sizes :). I was happy to see that. They both have long legs, and my son needs skinny, or slim jeans. I hope you find what your looking for.

I had another thought. If you know what type they are IE 501 you could order them online :) . Just in case you don't enjoying going to the store like I do.

My fave is Guess, low rise. I hate when something is squeezing my innards.
Also I prefer less trendy wider at the bottom. (chicken legs here, eek)

but whatever it is it's gotta be stretch. comfy.

Fuzzy

i don't know what your body type is, but for me i like to wear jeans that are dark blue, normal rise, either skinny or slightly flared. bootcut is good too :thumb:

but i can't wear low rise, don't want my butt crack showing!!!

i wear many diff brands- whatever fits me good. but my favorites are Express and No Boundaries.. they're comfortable and snug without being too tight. if you want more Levi jeans go to Macy's. you can also find many good jeans at Marshall's for cheap

Gosh - I haven't worn jeans since before I was preggers with daughter in 1993. Daughter can never find any that she likes that are also long enough. She has wide hips, but a small waist and long legs and a long torso. She's tall, but evenly proportioned.

I only wear flare, low waist hippy style jeans.
I could care less if what I wear is in style or not. I do not follow trends.
It's jeans, black shirt, hoodie and combat boots for me.

:)

GAP has a decent selection of jeans-have you tried there?

My trusty Levis are frayed and tattered. Where should I shop for new blue jeans? I have low rise and boot cut now. Is that terribly dated? I don't want to be a fashion disaster-- a what-not-to-wear candidate. :hmm:

I used to buy jeans from Victorias Secret but they have changes their styles, which are too fitted for me. I want a little breathing room. :giggle:

Any advice or tips will be greatly appreciated. TIA! :ty:

Do you really want my advice?

Gap does have nice fitting pants at a fair price.
Ours closed so I wear Riders now to work with regular style waist and boot cut. Cheap, long lasting and will stand up to my job and wash well. Style? I wish!

Last weekend - I finally found jeans that fit me perfectly because of my asian stature. Long search is now over. However.... most of you won't be able to find this store (Uniqlo) because it's only available in NYC. it's cheap and alteration is free!

I used to buy jeans from CK because its clothes tend to gear toward to slim type but still it didn't fit me quite perfectly. I hated baggy or even slightly baggy pants. Uniqlo is Japanese company so I'm glad to see an asian clothing store in here that sells jeans cheap.

I wear Lee Riders also; I bought my last few pairs at K-mart.

I suppose they aren't cutting edge, but I don't like skin-tight clothing and I don't want my butt crack to show.

I prefer Lee petite. I think it is harder to find 100% cotton now as they included small percent of spandex in it.

i wear any kind of jeans but prefer low rise jeans. recently i checked, too much boot cut. look like its time for me to buy the skinny one. :lol:

I only wear flare, low waist hippy style jeans.
I could care less if what I wear is in style or not. I do not follow trends.
It's jeans, black shirt, hoodie and combat boots for me.

:)

GAP has a decent selection of jeans-have you tried there?

You and I must be twins!

I wear either jeans or sweats; shorts sometimes in Summer while working out.
I prefer baggier jeans or looser-fit but I wear what I feel comfortable in really and don't follow what other people do.
I have several pairs of tattered jeans and still use 'em.
sometimes I get fair-trade lighter-weight, pants-type items at markets or fair trade stores.

may have one or two "dressier" pants for a synagogue service but that's not really my thing <the pants>

Back