Jamie foxx under fire for mocking sign language on 'fallon'

Calvin

In Hazzard County
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sign language video starts at 0:22.

Shame on them. :mad:

Actor Jamie Foxx is under fire for mocking sign language during his recent appearance on “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.”

The Oscar winner was a guest on Thursday night’s show to promote the premiere of his new FOX game show “Beat Shazam.”

At point, while Fallon was throwing to a commercial, Foxx sat making gestures with his hands, like if he was speaking in sign language. However they made no sense as the actor was faking it.

Fellow Oscar winner Marlee Matlin slammed Foxx on Twitter for his actions.

“Mr. @iamjamiefoxx. I’d be happy to give you sign language lessons so you could be funnier.”

Mr. @iamjamiefoxx. I'd be happy to give you sign language lessons so you could be funnier. https://t.co/FwaRsKovrg

— Marlee Matlin (@MarleeMatlin) May 26, 2017
Nyle DiMarco, a deaf model who won “Dancing with the Stars” and “America’s Next Top Model,” called Foxx’s actions “disrespectful.”

“@iamjamiefoxx, It is straight up disrespectful to make up sign language. Everything is in gibberish,” he tweeted on Friday.

.@iamjamiefoxx, It is straight up disrespectful to make up sign language.

Everything is in gibberish. pic.twitter.com/X5AHkusq3o

— Nyle DiMarco (@NyleDiMarco) May 27, 2017
DiMarco followed it up with another tweet on Saturday calling out Fallon.

“Also- @jimmyfallon @FallonTonight how was this allowed? Where’s the cultural sensitivity. Not comedy when you make fun of others.”

@iamjamiefoxx Also- @jimmyfallon @FallonTonight how was this allowed?

Where's the cultural sensitivity. Not comedy when you make fun of others.

— Nyle DiMarco (@NyleDiMarco) May 27, 2017

Neither Fallon nor Foxx have responded.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...fire-for-mocking-sign-language-on-fallon.html

well that was a jerk move. I really liked jamie fox and jimmy but come on guys what were you thinking

Now they say he "allegedly" made fun of signing. Phooey.

His signing wasn't gibberish! He is telling a joke. Let me translate for ya'all.

What did the left butt cheek tell the right one..?
If we stick together, we can stop this sh*t.

I don't watch the Jimmy Fallon show...but heard of the antics that Jamie Foxx did...Mocking/insults & bullying the deaf/Deaf has been ongoing a very long time...even kids still do it...even Trump supposedly mocked a reporter with CP...His apology of "I'm Sorry" doesn't cut it (for me)...Good to know Matlin and DeMarco stood up and said it was unacceptable!...It is...but it's not gonna stop. Seems to me adults do "know better"...just don't give a damn...anything for a laugh...or to make themselves feel better...whatever the case.

His signing wasn't gibberish! He is telling a joke. Let me translate for ya'all.

What did the left butt cheek tell the right one..?
If we stick together, we can stop this sh*t.
You sound like gibberish. :lol:

Back