Jamaica!

Lil_country_gal

Reaction score
This summer for a week 20 other people and I are going to Jamaica for a mission trip to build houses and work with kids. I'm mostly excited about getting to go swimming in the ocean with all the fish!

i already went there recently last oct 2007.. there are beautiful places and some werid people.. just becareful.. smiles..

GRRRRR! That's one of my dream vacation spot! I wanna GOOOOOOOOOOO! Lucky!!! Have fun!

My husband and I went there for our 10th anniversary marriage last in 2006. We stayed in Negril, Jamaica for 9 days. The hotel was such beautiful named "Couples Swept Away"-- ONLY adults and no children.-- The food was so wonderful ! ! The people there were so FRIENDLY! ! ! We don't mind go there again !

:afro:

M-

This summer for a week 20 other people and I are going to Jamaica for a mission trip to build houses and work with kids. I'm mostly excited about getting to go swimming in the ocean with all the fish!

Hey, Have fun! U will love there..then u dont want to leave there! Lol... Where in Jamaica ? ?

M-

Jacamica is located south from Cuba. It is in the west Indies. (Island in the Caribbean Sea)

Hey, Have fun! U will love there..then u dont want to leave there! Lol... Where in Jamaica ? ?

M-
We haven't been told yet for sure where we are going in Jamaica. But I know it's not going to be anywhere around some of the tourist places we are going to be in the heart of poverty.

We haven't been told yet for sure where we are going in Jamaica. But I know it's not going to be anywhere around some of the tourist places we are going to be in the heart of poverty.

Oh ok.. I utd... cool... I suggest you guys.. better in Negril. There is more neat environment than others in Jamaica. :)

Good luck. Hopefully you guys find a right place to stay! :)

M-

Awesome of you for a mission trip to build houses and work with kids :thumb:

also have fun too ;):):)

Last 2 yrs ago March 2006,My husband and I went to cruise. where go there. We love it there. I bought a coconut rum cream there. It was very DELICIOUS!!! I have still coconut rum cream half a bottle in my ref.

It seems like ages ago when I went there for a honeymoon trip - the minute we got there from the cruise ship, I was offered some grass. I forgot what they called it...they didn't call it grass, but that is what it was. *Ahem* So be careful, lol.

Did you know that deaf people are not allowed to drive there? (I don't know if this is still true but that is what I learned when I was there.)

Always be careful NO matter where you are going...best is with few people go shopping, swimming etc. Never go alone! So have fun girl! :thumb:

It's really hitting hard how scary it's going to be we know we are living in a village somewhere still haven't been told where there will be no electricty and no running water, This village is in the heart of poverty and crime so i'm just a tad afraid. I also found out that when we were in saint croix last year we had stopped at a gas station and two hours later at the same gas station a cop was shot and killed in an armed robbery, and jamaica is suppose to be worse than saint croix.:ugh: if i don't make it back i'll miss you guys lol.

Back