It's that time again - AllDeaf Platform Upgrade

Alex

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Just heads up that you will notice some major changes to the AllDeaf forum as a result of an upgrade that we will perform within the next few days. When the upgrade takes place, the site will be temporarily unavailable for approximately 4 hours, more or less.

While I don't expect any data loss during the upgrade, it is recommended that you backup any important private messages or images.

I'll keep you guys in the loop.

Thanks.

Hope it all goes well! Just curious, is there a reason for the upgrade? Just new software updates or ?

Interesting set up... still no dark theme so I'm sticking to my Firefox addon once again....

The Hearing Aid Forum to have used the same platform and it now is a terrible site and it seems like a lot of people have dropped out. If it ain't broke, why "fix" it?

People here started leaving LONG before the switches in the forum/platform software so don't blame it on that.

I like the upgrades.

I cannot figure out how to upload a photo from my phone or my computer, though. I can't find the option for that. Alex, is that still an option?

It's not bad, looks like I have to get used to the new layout once again. I'll see how it goes after a while.

I like the upgrades.

I cannot figure out how to upload a photo from my phone or my computer, though. I can't find the option for that. Alex, is that still an option?
Use the attach files button below the reply box.

People here started leaving LONG before the switches in the forum/platform software so don't blame it on that.
If you re read my previous post you will see that I said Hearing Aid Forum had people leaving because of the switch, I said nothing about Alldeaf.

If you re read my previous post you will see that I said Hearing Aid Forum had people leaving because of the switch, I said nothing about Alldeaf.
But you don't know why people left that forum. Don't assume anything you know nothing about. And while nothing seemed broken here, forum owners can do whatever they well please. (I left out the "damn well please.) Quit your griping.

Same holds true if you remove the HERE part out of my comment.

As AC said, you don't know why people left- unless they explicitly said so in a post. Sure some leave 'because the forum layout/software sucks' but it's still on the person, not the software.

I thought I was in an alternate universe when I came here. :)
Still a few kinks to work out?

But you don't know why people left that forum. Don't assume anything you know nothing about. And while nothing seemed broken here, forum owners can do whatever they well please. (I left out the "damn well please.) Quit your griping.
Then added it back in...wow

Admin can upgrade forum if he/she wishes. There is something different to try. I'd still like to see a dark background as an option.

There is always upgrade with forums, just like your smartphone operating system, they change fast after a while.

Back