Itchy ears

I dilute tea tree oil with another oil 50%. Use a Q-tip once a week, and no problems.

but it won't help if the itching is due to allergies.

Ask your audio for a hypoallergenic earmold. It did not work for me, but maybe for you. Once in a while, my ear leaks while trying to sleep. I have no self solution yet.

I use prescription ear drops for my itchy ears and then flush them. I think my itching is due to wax buildup.

For years I had only use the hard Lucite ear molds. When I needed to replace my current ones a few years ago, I decided to try the soft silicone ones. They were fine at first, very comfortable. After a few weeks, although I always get some itchy ears with having HA, the itch was getting steadily worse. Soon there was a full blown painful ear infection. I was sick at the time so I thought it was just the normal ear infection that happens when I get a bad cold. The cold cleared up but the ear infection didn't. It required some prescription ear drops to clear that up - my hearing dropped a bit afterward though. The problem was started by an allergic reaction to the silicone. I guess Lucite is the way to go for me.

Back