It has been a long time since I posted

Reaction score
It's been a long time since I posted. You guys knew me as deafskeptic from way back.

A lot has happen since I last posted here.

Right now things are in a flux in my personal life.

I'm currently living in a rehabitive place.

I've been there since last December. I don't want to go back there again.

Its not an unpleasant place but no one is allowed to go home until they get an okay from a doctor.

There's very little to do there as people are not allowed to go anywhere unless they have an appointment with a doctor.

Most of the hearing only stay there for a week or a little longer.

I'm hoping I will be allowed to live somewhere in the near future.

I have plans but stuff like this getting in the way and disrupting my plans.

Doctors keep giving me vauge reasons why I've been here so long.

I'm hoping I will not be forced to stay at a hopsiptial for so long again. Ever. :mad:

I will be glad when I finally move out on my own.

There should be laws against forcing people like to me stay there so long. If there are any laws already there, they should be enforced.

In the future , I'm insisting on a terp regarding my communicatuonn issues. :p

I think that a part of why I've been here so long is that they think I have low intellentence due to my communication issues.

I hope I get out soon in the near future.

Last edited:
OMG!!! Welcome back...and I hope you get out soon. I've missed you!

I think that a part of why I've been here so long is that they think I have low intellentence due to my communication issues.

Ask them to prove that you are "mentally unstable" if they believe that you are. They can't keep you instituted for ASSUMING someone is mentally or physically "unstable" unless there paper works to back these things up. Like severe objection able behaviors that could harm yourself or another living being (animals are included I believe).

If they REFUSE or keep on pressing you down to provide justification ask/find out proper grievance processes at said institution.

If that fails get a public/lawyer you know to help you fight their corruptions. As this point if NO ONE is going to help you understand why your being instituted and/or get you out when you SHOULD be discharged then a legal settlement may be the only way out (and possibly compensation like jailing someone for an excessive period of time).

Ask them to prove that you are "mentally unstable" if they believe that you are. They can't keep you instituted for ASSUMING someone is mentally or physically "unstable" unless there paper works to back these things up. Like severe objection able behaviors that could harm yourself or another living being (animals are included I believe).

If they REFUSE or keep on pressing you down to provide justification ask/find out proper grievance processes at said institution.

If that fails get a public/lawyer you know to help you fight their corruptions. As this point if NO ONE is going to help you understand why your being instituted and/or get you out when you SHOULD be discharged then a legal settlement may be the only way out (and possibly compensation like jailing someone for an excessive period of time).
I'm seriously considering this . I'm not in a mental ward or anything like that.

This suppossed to a rehabitative ward for recovering or learning how deal with disabities. Most paitentss go home after a few weeks.

A few patients like me are still there like the armless guy who's been there nearly as long as me.

Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions but I think there's there's history of eugienes.

I'm seriously considering this . I'm not in a mental ward or anything like that.

This suppossed to a rehabitative ward for recovering or learning how deal with disabities. Most paitentss go home after a few weeks.

A few patients like me are still there like the armless guy who's been there nearly as long as me.

Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions but I think there's there's history of eugienes.

There is ABSOLUTELY no harm in doing what I said. Just TRY not to "jump the conclusions" if you can. IE if you haven't tried the first thing I said try that first before "firing up" the grievance process and so on.

Oops, I posted b4 I was done.

I think may I may have been too dramatic about my current situation. Perhaps not on second thought.

I've had people think that I have a low IQ because of my communication issues.
These "so-professionals" ought know better than to make assumaion like this.
I will need to contact some one who knows what I need to do.
regarding my sitution.
I'm wonding who to contact.

I think my current sitatution is unaccacceptable.

Hopefully,I get out of here soon.

Oops, I posted b4 I was done.

I think may I may have been too dramatic about my current situation. Perhaps not on second thought.

I've had people think that I have a low IQ because of my communication issues.
These "so-professionals" ought know better than to make assumaion like this.
I will need to contact some one who knows what I need to do.
regarding my sitution.
I'm wonding who to contact.

I think my current sitatution is unaccacceptable.

Hopefully,I get out of here soon.

I am sorry to see that these so called "professionals" are indeed being unprofessional with you. This is indeed a bit more clearer to me now that I have a little more information of the matter.

With that said is there a dispute, compliant or a grievance system in place or someone in the place to say your issues with the facility to AND is authorized to resolve/bring them up? If so had you tried doing such? If so what were the outcomes?

If not I would start there.

There is ABSOLUTELY no harm in doing what I said. Just TRY not to "jump the conclusions" if you can. IE if you haven't tried the first thing I said try that first before "firing up" the grievance process and so on.
Yeah, I think Ill not bring up the ugly past history this place has had in the past.

It may not even pertain to my current situation. Anyway,I will try what u have said first.
If all else fails, I'll have to take legal action.

I'm sure I'm not the first who ended up in a situation like mine.

I am sorry to see that these so called "professionals" are indeed being unprofessional with you. This is indeed a bit more clearer to me now that I have a little more information of the matter.

With that said is there a dispute, compliant or a grievance system in place or someone in the place to say your issues with the facility to AND is authorized to resolve/bring them up? If so had you tried doing such? If so what were the outcomes?

If not I would start there.
I haven't tried that yet. I wasn't sure to do.

Yeah, I think Ill not bring up the ugly past history this place has had in the past.

It may not even pertain to my current situation. Anyway,I will try what u have said first.
If all else fails, I'll have to take legal action.

I'm sure I'm not the first who ended up in a situation like mine.

I haven't tried that yet. I wasn't sure to do.

You gotta do what you need to do. So see if you can get them to make things right or else bring out the "big guns" with going the legal route. If you know others that are similar boat as you are see if you can get them to join suit too.

Back