It Happen again! Mother left kids hot car to get hair cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats wrong with keyless entry system? No way can be locked out unless u forget the code. Very useful feature! Cause if I left key in my truck, no problem for me.

Whats wrong with keyless entry system? No way can be locked out unless u forget the code. Very useful feature! Cause if I left key in my truck, no problem for me.

Not all vehicles have that. My mothers does a 2011 or 2012 Ford Escape and her Ford Explorer did before that but no vehicles I've ever owned had the keypad for entry on the door and only 1 I've had used the remotes. I carry 2 of those on separate key rings in case I lock myself out. AGAIN.

This is a little off topic but not really is all comes down to no common sense and bad parenting to leave a kid on the car. Today 2 women and a child died in a wreck around 7:30pm not far from my house complete details have not been released till its sorted and family notified but the mother was driving at 90mph with her child(heard it was a 6 year old) and crossed over (4 lane highway) and struck another vehicle head on. The 3 people that died, the woman and her child and another woman was in the speeding car while the other car's passenger(s) were on their way to church and was transported to the hospital and expected to make it.

Bad parenting 90mph with your kid and another passenger. I can post the link and pics in a thread if anyone wants.

I not understand why got notice on car saying' child on board'drive properly should make no difference

Ok this whole locked car thing is getting me too... you cannot lock any car to where it is impossible to get out unless you weld the front doors shut. My 6 year old son knows how to roll down a window.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AllDeaf App mobile app

If your son was 6 MONTHS OLD would he been able to unlock the car and open the door then close it then crawl across the street or parking lot to
find the place you're at then open the door to get into the store without getting hurt or killed ??

Child "safety" door locks can prevent them from opening the rear doors.

Babies can't open the doors themselves.

Some power windows won't work without the car power being on.

And that why people can buy the safety hammers with a blade to cut seatbelts . If they have an accident and the car is in the water the car will not run and they will have break a window and cut their seatbelt . All new cars should come with safety hammer and should be require by law. The windows should be made to open from the inside if car lost it power and the remote should be able open a window if a child get locked inside 'by mistake'.
If we can get to the moon and back we should be able invent a way to warn parents their child(ren) is still in the car.

This is a little off topic but not really is all comes down to no common sense and bad parenting to leave a kid on the car. Today 2 women and a child died in a wreck around 7:30pm not far from my house complete details have not been released till its sorted and family notified but the mother was driving at 90mph with her child(heard it was a 6 year old) and crossed over (4 lane highway) and struck another vehicle head on. The 3 people that died, the woman and her child and another woman was in the speeding car while the other car's passenger(s) were on their way to church and was transported to the hospital and expected to make it.

Bad parenting 90mph with your kid and another passenger. I can post the link and pics in a thread if anyone wants.

Or the mother committed suicide by using her car . I know someone that had friend the was killed this way. A suicidal man was driving all over the road and the cops where getting 911 calls but the cops did nothing and the guy drove his head on into the woman car .

If your son was 6 MONTHS OLD would he been able to unlock the car and open the door then close it then crawl across the street or parking lot to
find the place you're at then open the door to get into the store without getting hurt or killed ??

Here's the deal... 6 months old I have left my kid in the car. I also have the presence of mind to keep the car in sight, carry a pistol, and limit it to no more than 10 mins. 10 actual minutes. Not 10 percieved minutes. I also make sure I can see the car is running. Anything even looks sketchy then I'm out the door. It's actually less upsetting to a young child to chill than to have to get him/her out of a car seat and into a store and tell them "no you can't have that" 90 times. I got it, there are people doing some stupid things, but once my kids began to have the ability to move and run I've forced a certain level of independence on him and her that's required to be able to survive in alaska. I'm sure you guys in California would see this as child abuse. **** you. its my kid. I see not putting my kids in situations where they are required to use problem solving skills as not preparing them for the world.

In my eyes, part of the reason we have all these self esteem issues in adults is because they were not taught that they can survive and thrive in bad situations. They have no self worth and identity outside of what society tells them to be. I would think that this community would understand the bull crap that comes with accepting a given societal identity.

No these situations are not the kids fault, but at a certain point you have to adopt a spartan mentality. If the kids too dumb to get out of a car where they are suffocating then mabye we don't need them growing up and procreating and creating other little dumbasses that are dependant on society to survive.

This is my opinion in certain cases, let the flame war begin.

Here's the deal... 6 months old I have left my kid in the car. I also have the presence of mind to keep the car in sight, carry a pistol, and limit it to no more than 10 mins. 10 actual minutes. Not 10 percieved minutes. I also make sure I can see the car is running. Anything even looks sketchy then I'm out the door. It's actually less upsetting to a young child to chill than to have to get him/her out of a car seat and into a store and tell them "no you can't have that" 90 times. I got it, there are people doing some stupid things, but once my kids began to have the ability to move and run I've forced a certain level of independence on him and her that's required to be able to survive in alaska. I'm sure you guys in California would see this as child abuse. **** you. its my kid. I see not putting my kids in situations where they are required to use problem solving skills as not preparing them for the world.

In my eyes, part of the reason we have all these self esteem issues in adults is because they were not taught that they can survive and thrive in bad situations. They have no self worth and identity outside of what society tells them to be. I would think that this community would understand the bull crap that comes with accepting a given societal identity.

No these situations are not the kids fault, but at a certain point you have to adopt a spartan mentality. If the kids too dumb to get out of a car where they are suffocating then mabye we don't need them growing up and procreating and creating other little dumbasses that are dependant on society to survive.

Go Texan!!! :thumb:

WDYS lives in Massachusetts that where they take child abuse seriously (of course, much worse than in CA), even if it is simple and harmless stuff. You use your best judgement to determine if it is safe to leave the child in car with AC running, observing around area and track the crime data.

I'm not going let WDYS to controlling my life and she doesn't know about what she is talking.

My parent left me in car with AC running when I was little kid so never happen to me. :dunno:

Yes, you stayed cool but what if you were able to get behind the wheel with the engine running? When I was a kid a neighbor left her son in the car while she ran in to get something with the engine running in their driveway and her son got behind the wheel, put the car in drive and proceeded to put the car through the garage door and land the car in the middle of the kitchen. So it can happen quickly. Best thing to do is turn the engine off and take the kids inside with you.

It was then, now its much harder for small kid to actually shift the gear because newer cars, in order to shift into gear, must depress the brake first. Its safety feature added not long ago.

Yes, you stayed cool but what if you were able to get behind the wheel with the engine running? When I was a kid a neighbor left her son in the car while she ran in to get something with the engine running in their driveway and her son got behind the wheel, put the car in drive and proceeded to put the car through the garage door and land the car in the middle of the kitchen. So it can happen quickly. Best thing to do is turn the engine off and take the kids inside with you.

When vehicle has power locks its easy to add keyless entry system. You can add one if u wish. Today most new cars are fully equipped relatively to 80's or earlier vehicles.

Not all vehicles have that. My mothers does a 2011 or 2012 Ford Escape and her Ford Explorer did before that but no vehicles I've ever owned had the keypad for entry on the door and only 1 I've had used the remotes. I carry 2 of those on separate key rings in case I lock myself out. AGAIN.

Unfortunately a lot parents are not like you being on top of it, too many bad judgements or using the car as a daycare center/holding center for the kid when they're doing their errands and leaving the kid in the car for hours at a time. I see DVD player in a lot of the vans nowadays van running and kids in backseat with DVD player on.

There's a lot circumstances where good parents are pressed to leave the kid in the car for just few minutes, life does happen and it's the gamble each parent takes. We cannot never foresee what happens once we step out of the car.

Once you step away from the car. Circumstances are more of out of your control Suppose someone holds up the store and you're shot at the checkout line but no one knows your kid is in the car? . Suppose someone hits the car while parking and takes off it happened to me at work someone hit my work van and took off while it was parked.

Its a big gamble each parent has to calculate the risk. Having common sense and good judgement is lacking in too many individuals in this society those days

I personally understand what you're talking about. No disagreements there there are other people that don't have that common sense you are talking about. However we are gambling with fates everytime we choose to leave our passengers, humans of all ages or animals in the car. Life does happen in a spilt second and we are responsible when it happens as we made the choice to do so, The question is would you be able to live with your choice if something did happen? I wouldn't as I would blame myself til the day I die if something happened to a child or an animal I left in the car just for few minutes.

Yeah, but if some freak tragic accident goes down then it just goes down. Think like that happen because of some supernatural force that I cant control so I wont worry about it. What does you being in the car have to do with whether or not the kid lives or not if its smashed into by another car? if your kid dies during that, and they were still strapped in, then they would have died during a crash of the same magnitude on the ride over to where you stopped. You cant control all circumstances. Sometimes bad things just happen to good people and thats life.

And im not speaking out of turn. Ive made tactical decisions in the military that resulted in the death of what you would consider women and children. You cant save everyone. Thats gods decision and not mine. I can do my best, but if it doesnt work out despite my best efforts, its not my fault.

There's nothing wrong with that IF your vehicle has it.

And that why people can buy the safety hammers with a blade to cut seatbelts . If they have an accident and the car is in the water the car will not run and they will have break a window and cut their seatbelt . All new cars should come with safety hammer and should be require by law. The windows should be made to open from the inside if car lost it power and the remote should be able open a window if a child get locked inside 'by mistake'.
If we can get to the moon and back we should be able invent a way to warn parents their child(ren) is still in the car.
Last night, TCS and I were discussing this topic, and he told me how he got locked in his work van one time. He didn't realize that his commercial van came with child safety locks on the doors, including the side sliding door, and the double utility doors on the back end. One day he was inside the van working on the equipment when the wind blew shut the back door. He tried to get out and couldn't open the doors. Finally, he had to climb thru the equipment and tanks (very awkward) to the front seat. From there, he could unlock all the doors.

Also, in our Jeep Commander, it's easy to accidentally lock the windows from the driver's side because the rocker button is on the arm rest of the driver's door.

Nothing in a vehicle is foolproof or failsafe.

It was then, now its much harder for small kid to actually shift the gear because newer cars, in order to shift into gear, must depress the brake first. Its safety feature added not long ago.
Sometimes no one has to shift the car; things can go wrong without human intervention.

One time when I was in the Navy, I was getting a taxi ride back to housing from my office late at night. (On base, we could get free taxi service from one part of the base to another.) The driver asked if I minded him stopping at the club to pick up another rider since it was on the way. I said no problem. So, he pulled into the parking lot, put the cab in park, left the engine and AC running, and went into the club to get the rider. I was sitting in the back seat, in my dress blues (which is a suit with a straight skirt). Suddenly, the cab started backing up by itself. I quickly climbed over the front seat in my tight skirt, slid into the driver's seat, stopped the cab, and shut it down. A second later the driver came out. I told him what happened, and he calmly said, "Oh, yeah, that happens sometimes. I should get it fixed." What?! No apology from him either. Stupid sand crab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back